“Couldn't fault it”
Review of Lismoyne Hotel

Lismoyne Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fleet
Reviewed November 22, 2009

This hotel has a lot of character. There is an open fire in the lounge that welcomes you with a homely feeling. The hotel is situated within walking distance of Fleet and the grounds are lovely. I had "forest" view from my room that was one they call executive. I liked the space in the bathroom for all the little bits women carry with us. There is a lot of space for business people to work in the bedroom and free internet in the room and everywhere in the hotel. The executive room I had was quite roomy, it was clean, warm and had a flat screen tv. We have had a fantastic meal in the restaurant both nights - very tasty and nice presentation (gourmet style!!) The staff were friendly (especially with my little daughter) and made us welcome. Breakfast was four star standard with the difference that everything was cooked to order (much better than having buffet with food cooked hours before). I couldn't have asked for anything more.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Lismoyne Hotel

Reviewed October 23, 2009

When I arrived it was WOW ! A country house that has been turned into a hotel in 1938 it seems , areal Agathis Christie place , perfect place for a murder mystry ! A real fire burning in the reception and a wonderful Halloween display giving off a beautiful aroma of cinnomon and herbs , a wonderful arrival and the reception was quick and efficient . the older part of the hotel was having problems with heating so we were shown to the new part , wow the room was hot and the decor alittle dated but hey its wonderful with your eyes shut and the lights out , the beds were clean and comfortable and the bathroom spotless , better than I have had in other hotels in the world ... The reception arranged tea and biscuits for us and it was super having it around the open fire with a real charachter of a 30 ' s feel about it , we had free Wi-Fi to do our business at the same time which is charged at othe hotels as well...... wonderful peaceful place and no screaming kids running about eiher , ok the large tv in the bar was on but its normal in most places , such a shame that no one was watching it ....the staff were very attentive to our needs and we walked into town to see what was on offer about 5 mins and we were there , normal shops but all the kinds we wanted . A perfect quiet night and no noise or a perfect nights sleep and a wonderful hot shower , too hot infact but then how many places do you get constant hot water all in . We decided on the breakfast about 8 a.m. after the business men had gone for that more quiet period , wow what a supr display of fruit , cheese, crossants and jams , honeys and and much orange juice and milk for cereals you wanted . we plumped for te cooked breakfast , it was delicious , even given the choice of extra Black Pudding at no charge , fill your boots everyone no mid morning snacks or lunch required after that lots , coffee and tea in order and do you own otast which needs alittle help in the machine , the staff were attentive and served us all our needs as well. A newspaper to catch up on the daily news for a small look at before we left for our meeting with freinds and relatives . After reviewing what others have said about this hotel what is their problem , go stay at at a Travel Lodge in future and get nothing for you money here there is atmosphere and charm of a country house hotel , quiet and nothing too much bother, its super grounds and gardens for that little walk and sit in the fresh air for that filthy habit but all in all I just loved it all , dont read the bad reviews they are not true make your own mind up and try it , you wont be disappointed I assure you ....!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank customswoodworker
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I have not stayed at this hotel ,nor would I . Over a week before my birthday a table was booked for my birthday at the restaurant.Just two hours before our booking which was actually on my birthday I received a phone call from someone who did not even bother to give their name to be cheerfully told that they were "going to have to let me down "as they were overbooked due to a staff error.Incredibly this person turned out to be the hotel manager who still did not give his name. This inept person assured me that I would get a letter of apology which to date Iam still waiting for.Try the Holiday Inn in Farnborough instead as they rescued my birthday party which we really enjoyed.AllI can say about the Lismoyne is NO NO NO.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank anthonyHome
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Stayed at the Lismoyne in September 09 and I could not recommend this hotel highly enough. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they made our stay very enjoyable. We were a large group and the check in was seamless and rooms clean and tidy. The booking was handled well by the hotel with no slip ups on arrival. Would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2009

It was with great trepidation that my hubby and myself stayed at the Lismoyne. Friends of ours were getting married there and for convenience we stayed the night. Having read all the reviews here I was very worried about the state our room would be in. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Whilst not the most modern room it was clean. The staff were very helpful and breakfast was great. I loved the sweeping stairs in reception and the fire was lit.

Our room looked out over a flat roof. However, we weren't there for the view but other friends of ours, in the family room that looked out over the frontage (of which I was very jealous) were woken up in the wee sma's by some rowdy singing ...

Overall, our experience was positive.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2009

I stayed in this hotel with 20 work colleagues at an inclusive rate with dinner and breakfast.
The dinner menu looks quite good but the reality is just awful. The beef and turkey meals are obviously prepared and microwave that makes the meat inedible.
Breakfast however is good, the staff in the breakfast room are cheerful, helpful and the selection of cooked food and and the cold breakfast buffet is the only highlight in this hotel.
The dated decor has been well described in other comments this would be OK if the service was not so dire with rude and unhelpful staff.
There is no hot water at busy times ie morning and evening. In rooms upstairs the water stopped completely!
Complaining gives responses like those to the other bad reviews totally empty promises and no action. The lack of hot water is the guests fault for all using it at the same time.
Stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank steveeaves
Reviewed September 16, 2009

Given location nr M3 and an excellent golf club up the road, this ought to be doing much better. As stated by others, it needs serious update, revamp, redecoration, new furniture, but what incensed us was terrible service. We went for a lite lunch while in the are and went to the bar where the barman was surly and disinterested, and at one point sharp to the point of rudeness. Our bottle of wine arrived in good time but 50 mins. later we were still waiting for our 2 sandwiches (paid for with the wine), despite asking the receptionist (only person around) if she would check on their whereabouts. She tutted and flounced off but didn't return to give a progress report. We left, but as we did so happened across the manager who, when we complained, seemed vague and bored. To be fair, we have since had an apology and our money refunded but that wasn't the point.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank picnicmomma
Lismoyne_Hotel, Sales Manager at Lismoyne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2009

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. Having taken time to investigate your comments with our Operations Manager Mr Roberts, he was aware of your comments on the day however was in the process of dealing with another guest at the time. I understand if this made it seem like he was perhaps ignoring your comments. He has assured me this was definitely not the case. Once he had advised the other customer, he was saddened to find you had left, and immediately took steps to contact you, which I believe he did to arrange the refund.

May I just take this opportunity to tell you that the Lismoyne Hotel is about to undertake a refurbishment plan of all areas, so I do hope that you will be able to put one bad experience aside and give the new hotel a second chance.

Again, thank you for your constructive comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fleet
Travelodge Fleet Hotel
Basingstoke Country Hotel & Spa
The Elvetham
The Elvetham
#1 of 1 in Hartley Wintney

Been to Lismoyne Hotel? Share your experiences!