“Great place, kids loved it”
Review of Lismoyne Hotel

Lismoyne Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Fleet
Washington DC
“Great place, kids loved it”
Reviewed June 5, 2009

Traveling w/ kids (2 and 4) is always a challenge. There was a lot
of outside space for the kids to run and staff was very nice to them too.
Room was nice, big, very clean. Food was excellent.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Finnish first
Shropshire
Reviewed June 4, 2009

Was slightly dubious, but found the Lismoyne to be perfectly ok. Hot water took a long time to come through and some of the appliances were not working properly. But the rooms were very nice, spacious. Setting was equally nice. Service was friendly and the brekfast excellent.

Overall, I found it pretty good value for money

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Broomers
uk
Reviewed May 1, 2009

i stayed at the lismoyne for a conference and training event and stayed for two nights. i was a little wary booking due to some of the reviews but followed the actions of another reviewer and rang the hotel and spoke with the manager. He informed me that he had made some positive changes and the hotel was much improved so i booked.

I was happy to find the manager and staff to be very friendly and accommodating, and very willing to meet my needs. I had forgotten a network cable for my meeting and it was very kind of them to lend me a spare one they had.

The room I had was in the new wing and was roomy and of a nice standard, with a good view of the garden/courtyard. The weather wasnt bad so it looked good! The bathroom was clean and fresh and I have no complaints with that. The free internet in the room was a nice feature.

The place itself is an old country house type and has a huge car park and nice looking entrance and exterior.

I would stay here again when in the area, its nice to have personal service.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
UK
Reviewed April 22, 2009

The hotel is very impressive as you come in the drive and the staff are very pleasant, both at check-in and at the bar. I never ate in the hotel other than breakfast and that was good, especially since it was included in the room rate.

At first impressions the room was very nice. Large room and large bed and what looked like an updated bathroom suite, but not the shower head. That was very old and did not give a spray of water but more of a stream of water. But that wasn't the main issue.

The walls are so thin that if you're not listening to your neighbour's TV, telephone conversation with his wife or his sneezing, you're listening to his snoring. Furthermore, if your neighbour decides to have an early morning shower, you will also be awake as the plumbing is equally noisy. I can't even put this down to it being an old building because I was in the relatively modern extension to the hotel with my room located along the never-ending corridor.

It's a shame there is such a noise problem, otherwise I'd have been very happy with the hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Hampshire
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Hotel looks nice from the outside and a good location for Fleet town centre. However as per the other reviews the rooms are very dated and really do need redecorating, no Sky TV as promised on the hotel over view. The reception staff were very friendly and welcoming and over all it was an ok stay. Only real let down was the breakfast, one lady working and wasn't as friendly as the reception staff - I felt it was rude when the plate was taken away from my partner although I was still eating - would pressume she wanted us to hurry up and felt this was un-necessary, shame as up until then there were no real negatives.
A pre-authorisation for £90 was taken upon check in - although not sure why as there was not even a mini-bar in the room.
So over-all an ok stay and good location for us to get to Fleet town centre, although maybe some more hotel competition in Fleet would prompt the owners to spruce up the rooms.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jack_8
SE-England
Reviewed November 29, 2008

I have been staying at the Lismoyne from time to time throughout 2008. It was never great, but it was generally clean. However, since the recent change of management things have become much worse, especially the level of cleanliness and general house-keeping.

Just like the previous reviewer, on my last stay (yes definitely my last) my room was so dirty that I had to request that the room was cleaned before I could use it. I presume that the chef has changed too; one meal was so poor that I had to return it to the kitchen untouched.

Standards have definitely fallen at the Lismoyne yet the management clearly doesn't care. There is such a shortage of decent accommodation around Fleet that the Lismoyne is regularly fully booked. The small single rooms are way over-priced and maintenance standards are very poor.

• Disliked — lack of cleanliness and poor housekeeping
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank UKSoutherner
portsmouth uk
Reviewed November 18, 2008

On the plus side: the hotel setting is very pretty and the building is very attractive from the outside. The reception staff and bar staff in th evening were absolutely lovely and very professional.
On the negative side: this is the first hotel I have stayed in during the last two years of work where I have had to ask them to hoover the bedroom carpet before I could use the room. It was really dirty. There were piles of hairs in all the corners of the bathroom, really disgusting , plus piles of dust around the wardrobe area. I felt really uncomfortable about sleeping in the bed based on the level of cleanliness in the room. Breakfast in the morning was bizarre. I was asked if I wanted a cooked breakfast by a very distracted member of staff before I had sat down or even looked at the menu. I asked to see the menu first was shown a table and then no-one came over to me to ask if I wanted breakfast, so after a while I just left. Overall a very uncomfortable stay.

• Liked — pretty location
  • Disliked — very dirty
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank dandelionco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fleet
Aviator Hotel
Tylney Hall
Tylney Hall
#1 of 1 in Rotherwick
Travelodge Fleet Hotel

Been to Lismoyne Hotel? Share your experiences!