“A shot in the dark but a good choice.”
Review of Lismoyne Hotel

Lismoyne Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fleet
Reviewed August 21, 2008

My wife and I spent one night (Sat/Sun) arriving late afternoon about the same time as the wedding party. Despite which
we were dealt with quickly and efficiently, and given the 'garden room' we'd asked for on the ground floor.
We'd thought to go out for a meal by walking into Fleet but we didn't see a restaurant we fancied so returned and ordered bar meals. We were served in the restaurant. The meals were excellent, freshly cooked and good value.
The bed was firmer than we have at home but not uncomfortable.
We like our breakfasts so can be fussy. Breakfast was excellent with a wide selection of fruit, cereals and juice starters etc. through to croissants, freshly sliced ham and cheese and so on.
The staff were helpful, polite and efficient.
For £75 the room including B & B, plus what we spent in the bar was good value.
What's more when we booked we were told we would not hear the wedding party going through the night and we didn't.
This is not a large modern hotel. Parts of it look Edwardian. But it was clean, safe and comfortable and everything worked. For an overnight stay it fitted the bill exactly. No complaints, in fact the staff got a tip and we don't do that easily!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 4, 2008

Stayed here in August of 2008. The hotel is overpriced for what it is, particularly as it is in need of a complete renovation in all public and bedroom areas.
The breakfast was rubbish and whilst the young staff try their best there aren't enough of them and no evidence of any leadership.
At night there was loads of noise from drunken revelers and despite complaining to the front desk this noise continued for hours.
At check out time there was one member of staff on duty and it took over 30minutes of queuing before we were able to pay and leave.
Yet again I realise that I should always check tripadvisor before I go anywhere!!

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank scotcat
Reviewed August 2, 2008

Hotel is extremely dated and very tatty, wallpaper coming away from walls in the hallway and bedroom. Reception staff were poor, took a very long time to locate my reservation at check in and then at check out automatically added breakfast to the bill even though we did not eat breakfast there - Check your bill!! When I queried this they did not amend the bill, i had to cross out myself and amend the total and there was no apology. Would not stay here again ever, would much prefer a Travelodge!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ckfd
Reviewed August 1, 2008

The only reason I stayed in this hotel was that I was in Fleet on business and the hotel had been pre-booked and prepaid for me by my company. After reading about the hotel on their website, I had decent expectations and my god did they let me down?

First off, the following which is listed on there website are either complete lies or very far from the truth:

"The rooms have complete comfort in mind and The Lismoyne Hotel proudly offers a wide range of modern amenities, including:

Ensuite bathrooms and deluxe power showers - my shower at best was a dribble and the whole bathroom was covered in limescale.
Sky television - I had 4 TV channels and a remote control with no batteries. I mean, aren't the cleaning staff meant to check these things?
DVD players and a selection of DVDs to hire from reception - they fail to mention that this is at an additional expense and you have to go to reception to get them and install the DVD player yourself. They have ONE DVD player in the whole hotel so if someone else is using it, tough!
Fast broadband access in all bedrooms - At a cost of £10 a day!!
Wireless internet access in the public areas - wasn't working
Alarm clocks - didn't work
Laptop Safes - absolute lie, no laptop safes
Chrome finished bathroom suites - gimme a break, limescale ridden, germ infested holes!
Televisions - from the 1960s
Suitcase stand - nope, none of these present
Peace, quiet and tranquillity - my room was next to the car park.

My "double bed" was two very small single beds pushed together and I'm not exaggerating when I say that the matresses were at least 2 inches different in height!

I couldn't believe how overpriced this place was. If it had been £50 a night, I'd still be complaining as much. Avoid this hotel at all costs. There is a McDonalds down the road, they may let you sleep on their floor and you'd have a better nights sleep.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Hotelcritic83
Reviewed July 30, 2008

I stayed at this venue as part of a wedding party. If I weren’t part of the wedding party I would have left immediately.

I booked what the hotel call a suite on a B&B basis, at a cost of £139, this was supposed to be a treat for my partner.

The room was old, which isn’t a fault, but the carpet in the room was filthy dirty, the internal door handle was literally falling off.

The lights above the bed were faulty, with no bulbs in them. The bathroom was on an upper floor, there was a window which ran the length of the bath, in the corner there was lime scale which was caked on the windows. In the corner of the bathroom was a hole about 8” in diameter where an extractor fan had been replaced, the new extractor had dust and cobwebs which must have been about 6-8 months old. The bed was like something out of the ark with an almost concrete mattress.

The room was an absolute disgrace. I made a polite comment to the duty manager, who agreed, I explained that I was part of a wedding party and requested she consider a reduction in the room rate. She explained that she was unable to authorise this, but promised that the Hotel Manager, ‘Paul’ would contact me on the following Monday.

I had to call him, I explained the situation and, he also agreed that the room was substandard. I left it with him without any pressure, I received an email telling me they had refunded me £38.16. Which was 25% of the room cost. I explained that whilst I was grateful, the room wasn’t even 50% as good as it should be, and requested he reconsider. Despite my very polite request, he refused.

This despite having the room and carpet deep cleaned, repaired and even redecorated after we left.

This is a shame as the staff work very hard at keeping what is it appears a sinking ship afloat.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank CCChessington
Reviewed April 25, 2008

This must be the most awful room I have ever stopped in, I would not even leave my dog in this place.
The ensuite was so small you had to dodge the basin to sit on the toilet!
The noise in the place is unbelievable - don't stop here unless you are a very very good sleeper.
The staff are also arrogant and do not lsiten to what you are saying.

A definite no no for anyone looking to stop in this area - a travel in at half the cost is 1000% better!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank JDeeUk
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Stayed at this hotel as I was attending a function within the hotel. Food was awful. Sent one meal back due to disgusting taste. Waited 25 minutes to get served at the bar, after asking if more staff could be found, whilst hotel manager was using his phone to make a personal call. Room had severe damp with wall paper hanging off walls. No extractor fan in bathroom. Was over charged when checking out. Agressive hotel manager reluctant to fix bill - raising his voice infront of other guests. The experience I had at this hotel was the complete opposite to what I expected!

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank james_hertfordshire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fleet
Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England
Tylney Hall
Tylney Hall
#1 of 1 in Rotherwick
The Kingsley at Eversley

Been to Lismoyne Hotel? Share your experiences!