“overnight stay before stressfull exam”
Review of Lismoyne Hotel

Lismoyne Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fleet
S Wales
“overnight stay before stressfull exam”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed at location with work in relation to occupation related examination. Must say very pleasant and staff helpful. Suprised by size of rooms which were very comfy. Would use as a base if visiting area but did not seem to be much at hotel to do. Breakfast was very nice and well laid out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Finnish first
Sutton
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We just stayed one night, my son & his wife also had a room. We didn't have dinner as we wer visiting friend locally but their "meal deal" looked good.

Although a trad hotel - entrance buiding lovely Edwardian - the Garden wing is modern and comfortable, spacious, clean. Only problem we had was bathroom door - partner locked herself in tho we resolved this ourselves before our taxi arrived! (Room 38) My son wasn't too thrilled with the twin beds joined together for some reason ;) but we had no no problems!

Very nice breakfast inc great croissants.

Staff friendly and very helpful.
Picked this place not just on the basis of the very good reviews here but also the effort the hotel makes to respond to what there customers say on tripadvisor . Really don't know why other hotels don't follow this example - it makes smart business.
For the price I fully recommend the Lismoyne.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jon G, General Manager at Lismoyne Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear MikeSutton

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Lismoyne Hotel, I'm delighted that you chose our hotel when visiting friends in the local area.

Very concerned to hear that your partner locked herself in the bathroom, I have taken a look at the lock and although very secure is perfectly safe! Your son stayed in a room with 'zip and link' beds, these are very popular in hotels and are designed to be changed from a Kingsize to Twins by unzipping the middle strap, they do not usually cause any disturbance? We would have made every effort to relocate your son, however please pass on my apologies for any disappointment caused.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed breakfast and thank you for your kind words regarding the team, Ikbow they'll appreciate the recognition..

We hope to see you again the next time you visit friends in Fleet...maybe for dinner?

Machesney Park IL
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Free internet wifi, but no business center. Rooms were very clean, no air conditioner in room. Very quiet and walking distance to pubs in fleet. Train station was a mile away...we cab back and forth. Hotel was more like nice b&b with a kick. Staff very polite and wonderful!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jon G, General Manager at Lismoyne Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear LuvAirShows

Thank you for recent review of The Lismoyne.

I'm delighted that you found my staff polite and wonderful, but must confess that I'm disappointed you were only able to give us an average scoring!

Hopefully next time you visit you'll take advantage of our reasonably priced dinner menu and enjoy our great food.

The Lismoyne...So much more than a B&B!

Dronfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is a 3 star hotel, and as such, is highly recommended. The staff, service and facilities are all to be commended, twin beds pushed together made a huge double bed. This was for business, and the free wifi and broadband were very useful.

This would be a good place to stay and explore this charming part of the country.

A great breakfast after a good nights rest.

Room Tip: Make sure you book via the various "on line" sites, there a re good deals to be had.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jon G, General Manager at Lismoyne Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Derek R

Thank you for your recent review, I'm delighted that you are able to consider our business Highly Recommended!

Don't forget to book direct next time..better deals available direct from the hotel!

essex
Reviewed September 2, 2012

excellent parking, warm welcome fantastisc staff,
my room was a single , its was excellent everything you could possibly need.
immaculatly clean and very comfortable.
the breakfast was superb probably one of the best accomodation breakfasts ever.
first class food and beverages lovely friendly restaurant with wonderfull staff.
a pleasure to stay there. and very reasonable i paid £50 a night through bookings. com

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank stephen p
Dear stephen p

Thank you for your review, Top Marks...Excellent!

I'm delighted that we impressed you with so many areas of our business...particularly our Hospitality and Great Food.

Do come back and see us again soon!

Southampton, UK
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I found the Lismoyne Hotel late one a Saturday just by randomly searching for places that had rooms free that night for a reasonable price. Most places were fully booked but the Lismoyne still had 5 free single rooms at £50 en-suite including breakfast, so I booked one and set off for Fleet.

The hotel is near the end of a quiet road and is set in some very well presented gardens. The car park is very large and I had no problem packing close to the entrance. Both the inside and outside of the hotel are very well presented. In spite of the quiet location it is just a 10 minute walk to the centre of Fleet with its shops, restaurants, bars and nightlife.

The receptionist was extremely polite an helpful and she upgraded me to an "executive room". I'm not sure what the difference is but the room was fine and well equipped, although it was on the 2nd floor and there is no lift. Luckily I didn't have much luggage so this was no problem. My card was pre-authorized for an extra £30 to cover drinks in the bar, etc. but this is fairly usual in hotels and was explained very well by the receptionist.

The en-suite is a fully tiled shower room with basin and toilet. Everything was very clean, although if I was to nitpick I did notice the bottoms of the shower cubicle doors seem to have been overlooked for some time.

I stopped for a drink in the hotel bar before going up to my room. There was a different member of staff on reception who didn't really seem to know what he was doing and had to call the manager. At least he poured my drink first. The confusion was apparently because drinks could only be charged to a room not paid for with cash. Presumably this is to ensure non-residents don't pop in for some after-hours drinks.

The bed was very comfortable although the sheet was getting a bit threadbare and there were some small holes starting to appear. The room had complementary tea, coffee and biscuits and the shower room had the usual towels and complementary toiletries. I had a great night's sleep wasn't disturbed by any unwanted noises. The decor was in good repair although a bit dark for my taste with lots of dark wood and yellowy brown wallpaper, very much in the style of a 1970's Civil Service office.

The buffet breakfast is available up until a very civilized 10am and was excellent. There was a choice of Tea, coffee, fruit juice to drink. There were croissants, toast and cereals or a full English. The full English had almost everything you could think of; fried egg, fried bread, baked beans, sausage, bacon, mushrooms, black pudding and grilled tomatoes.

On the basis of my one short stay I would certainly recommend the Lismoyne to anybody who wants a good place to stay in Fleet. I highlighted a few trivial issues for completeness but they are really nitpicking and shouldn't put anybody off.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room if you have problems with stairs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Jon G, General Manager at Lismoyne Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Deare John B

Thank you for your detailed and lengthy review of your stay at our Hotel.

I was a little disappointed that you likened the decor to that of a 1970's Civil service Office...particularly that many of our rooms have only recently been decorated!

Thank you for your comments concerning the abundant Breakfast provision...it's very important we get Breakfast right...otherwise no-one will come back for dinner!

A great 5 star review..we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

farnborough
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I've given the Lismoyne 4 stars because I want to suggest some constructive tweaks which would make it better, I don't want to be overly critical of a place which is clearly trying very hard. So let's start with the good:

Plenty of parking, very pleasant front aspect. Swift check-in. The room itself was immaculately clean (I was in the garden wing). Nice toiletries, big soft towels and a good TV with plenty of channels. Lots of choice at breakfast.

The not so good:

It is a bit of a hike from reception to the room and there is no lift. I was fine with a small case but anyone with large amounts of luggage or is not so mobile should probably let the hotel know in advance so they can have a ground floor room. The walls in the garden wing are really thin, so it's quite noisy.The design of the shower screen isn't good as it buts up against the sink unit, so you either have to stretch around it to switch on the bathtaps or climb into the bath. No offer of a newspaper in the morning, so when you go to breakfast if you are a solo traveller you have to hope one of the hotel papers is left or take a book. I also prefer to be shown to a table at breakfast, as I had to go into the main dining room there were no small tables left which were laid, so I had to go and collect clean cups etc.

One last personal bugbear - if you're going to put signs up about business card competitions or specials menus, it looks so much better if you do a quick spellcheck! I am aware of how picky this is.

So all in all, I would recommend as a pleasant experience, just little adjustments here and there and it will be well worth its ambition for four star accreditation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Farnboroughtraveller
Dear Farnboroughtraveller

Thank you for your detailed and constructive review of your stay at The Lismoyne.

Its always a worry when the con's outweigh the pro's, however I was relieved to read that we got the important things right...Cleanliness and Good Food!

Normal procedure is to offer both assistance with luggage and requirements for a newspaper upon check-in..as is the welcome at breakfast and the courtesy shown of seating a guest at the table and the breakfast 'routine' explained. I have picked all these points up with the relevant departments.

I apologise for my typo on the internal signage...my fault, must try harder!

Do please come back and visit us again soon!

Jon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fleet
Days Inn Fleet M3
#1 of 7 in Farnborough
The Ely
The Ely
#1 of 2 in Yateley

Been to Lismoyne Hotel? Share your experiences!