“Nice place”
Review of Lismoyne Hotel

Lismoyne Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fleet
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Free internet wifi, but no business center. Rooms were very clean, no air conditioner in room. Very quiet and walking distance to pubs in fleet. Train station was a mile away...we cab back and forth. Hotel was more like nice b&b with a kick. Staff very polite and wonderful!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Jon G, General Manager at Lismoyne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear LuvAirShows

Thank you for recent review of The Lismoyne.

I'm delighted that you found my staff polite and wonderful, but must confess that I'm disappointed you were only able to give us an average scoring!

Hopefully next time you visit you'll take advantage of our reasonably priced dinner menu and enjoy our great food.

The Lismoyne...So much more than a B&B!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is a 3 star hotel, and as such, is highly recommended. The staff, service and facilities are all to be commended, twin beds pushed together made a huge double bed. This was for business, and the free wifi and broadband were very useful.

This would be a good place to stay and explore this charming part of the country.

A great breakfast after a good nights rest.

Room Tip: Make sure you book via the various "on line" sites, there a re good deals to be had.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Jon G, General Manager at Lismoyne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Derek R

Thank you for your recent review, I'm delighted that you are able to consider our business Highly Recommended!

Don't forget to book direct next time..better deals available direct from the hotel!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

excellent parking, warm welcome fantastisc staff,
my room was a single , its was excellent everything you could possibly need.
immaculatly clean and very comfortable.
the breakfast was superb probably one of the best accomodation breakfasts ever.
first class food and beverages lovely friendly restaurant with wonderfull staff.
a pleasure to stay there. and very reasonable i paid £50 a night through bookings. com

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank stephen p

Dear stephen p

Thank you for your review, Top Marks...Excellent!

I'm delighted that we impressed you with so many areas of our business...particularly our Hospitality and Great Food.

Do come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I found the Lismoyne Hotel late one a Saturday just by randomly searching for places that had rooms free that night for a reasonable price. Most places were fully booked but the Lismoyne still had 5 free single rooms at £50 en-suite including breakfast, so I booked one and set off for Fleet.

The hotel is near the end of a quiet road and is set in some very well presented gardens. The car park is very large and I had no problem packing close to the entrance. Both the inside and outside of the hotel are very well presented. In spite of the quiet location it is just a 10 minute walk to the centre of Fleet with its shops, restaurants, bars and nightlife.

The receptionist was extremely polite an helpful and she upgraded me to an "executive room". I'm not sure what the difference is but the room was fine and well equipped, although it was on the 2nd floor and there is no lift. Luckily I didn't have much luggage so this was no problem. My card was pre-authorized for an extra £30 to cover drinks in the bar, etc. but this is fairly usual in hotels and was explained very well by the receptionist.

The en-suite is a fully tiled shower room with basin and toilet. Everything was very clean, although if I was to nitpick I did notice the bottoms of the shower cubicle doors seem to have been overlooked for some time.

I stopped for a drink in the hotel bar before going up to my room. There was a different member of staff on reception who didn't really seem to know what he was doing and had to call the manager. At least he poured my drink first. The confusion was apparently because drinks could only be charged to a room not paid for with cash. Presumably this is to ensure non-residents don't pop in for some after-hours drinks.

The bed was very comfortable although the sheet was getting a bit threadbare and there were some small holes starting to appear. The room had complementary tea, coffee and biscuits and the shower room had the usual towels and complementary toiletries. I had a great night's sleep wasn't disturbed by any unwanted noises. The decor was in good repair although a bit dark for my taste with lots of dark wood and yellowy brown wallpaper, very much in the style of a 1970's Civil Service office.

The buffet breakfast is available up until a very civilized 10am and was excellent. There was a choice of Tea, coffee, fruit juice to drink. There were croissants, toast and cereals or a full English. The full English had almost everything you could think of; fried egg, fried bread, baked beans, sausage, bacon, mushrooms, black pudding and grilled tomatoes.

On the basis of my one short stay I would certainly recommend the Lismoyne to anybody who wants a good place to stay in Fleet. I highlighted a few trivial issues for completeness but they are really nitpicking and shouldn't put anybody off.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room if you have problems with stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Jon G, General Manager at Lismoyne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Deare John B

Thank you for your detailed and lengthy review of your stay at our Hotel.

I was a little disappointed that you likened the decor to that of a 1970's Civil service Office...particularly that many of our rooms have only recently been decorated!

Thank you for your comments concerning the abundant Breakfast provision...it's very important we get Breakfast right...otherwise no-one will come back for dinner!

A great 5 star review..we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I've given the Lismoyne 4 stars because I want to suggest some constructive tweaks which would make it better, I don't want to be overly critical of a place which is clearly trying very hard. So let's start with the good:

Plenty of parking, very pleasant front aspect. Swift check-in. The room itself was immaculately clean (I was in the garden wing). Nice toiletries, big soft towels and a good TV with plenty of channels. Lots of choice at breakfast.

The not so good:

It is a bit of a hike from reception to the room and there is no lift. I was fine with a small case but anyone with large amounts of luggage or is not so mobile should probably let the hotel know in advance so they can have a ground floor room. The walls in the garden wing are really thin, so it's quite noisy.The design of the shower screen isn't good as it buts up against the sink unit, so you either have to stretch around it to switch on the bathtaps or climb into the bath. No offer of a newspaper in the morning, so when you go to breakfast if you are a solo traveller you have to hope one of the hotel papers is left or take a book. I also prefer to be shown to a table at breakfast, as I had to go into the main dining room there were no small tables left which were laid, so I had to go and collect clean cups etc.

One last personal bugbear - if you're going to put signs up about business card competitions or specials menus, it looks so much better if you do a quick spellcheck! I am aware of how picky this is.

So all in all, I would recommend as a pleasant experience, just little adjustments here and there and it will be well worth its ambition for four star accreditation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Farnboroughtraveller

Dear Farnboroughtraveller

Thank you for your detailed and constructive review of your stay at The Lismoyne.

Its always a worry when the con's outweigh the pro's, however I was relieved to read that we got the important things right...Cleanliness and Good Food!

Normal procedure is to offer both assistance with luggage and requirements for a newspaper upon check-in..as is the welcome at breakfast and the courtesy shown of seating a guest at the table and the breakfast 'routine' explained. I have picked all these points up with the relevant departments.

I apologise for my typo on the internal signage...my fault, must try harder!

Do please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This charming hotel is situated in wooded grounds just behind Fleet shopping centre. We visited for an anniversary lunch and stayed overnight. The staff were most pleasant and efficient; the room was comfortable and overlooked the internal quadrangle garden; and the English breakfast was freshly cooked and delicious. Recommended for its calm and relaxed ambiance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear TravelManiac18

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Lismoyne.

I'm delighted that the quality of your visit ticked so many important boxes...

Good Food, Hospitality and Comfort!

Do please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We felt that we just have to recommend the Lismoyne Hotel and its staff, especially Wendy for making our daughter’s recent wedding so very special.
From the minute we arrived the staff were so polite and helpful, they really made us feel that they cared about us and wanted everything to be as perfect as they could make it. For example on entering our room we realised that we were missing a bath mat in our room, just a quick word at reception and it was dealt with immediately.
Wendy was particularly attentive on the big day. She was always calm and so well organised, nothing was too much trouble. Wendy had her finger on the pulse all the time, but was always unobtrusive. She offered advice when needed and paid attention to every detail.
I cannot recommend the Lismoyne Hotel too highly, well done to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Valerie A
Jon G, General Manager at Lismoyne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Dear Valerie A

Thank you for your kind review, particularly pleased that Wendy and the team looked after you so well on such an important day!

I'll certainly pass your comments on to the whole team!

See you again soon

Jon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fleet
Days Inn Fleet M3
5 mi away
Raven Hotel
Raven Hotel
#5 of 7 in Hook

Been to Lismoyne Hotel? Share your experiences!