“Great find, excellent food”
Review of The Barley Mow

The Barley Mow
Ranked #23 of 75 Restaurants in Fleet
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Woking
“Great find, excellent food”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We visited on a cold March day and the two fires were roaring away keeping the place lovely and warm. Great selection of food, and the meals were fantastic - all extremely tasty and well presented. Prices are very reasonable and good service. Great for a walk afterwards by the canal. Would definitely come again.

Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Mother's Day Meal”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Mum was over the moon by the end of it, had a couple of hiccups as the Camembert didn't come out quite cooked enough first time round, but was superb 2nd, along with the fresh baked selection of breads, steak was cooked perfectly and pudding was a dream! Catered for my little 2 year old brother who they then looked after brilliantly even enduring his over excited little squeals from time to time! Really nice feel, and decently priced it worked out less than 30 a head really, which is fantastic, definitely coming back

Yorkshire, UK
“Another great find”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Ate here with the family very recently. Very warm welcome, comfortable seating in the restaurant area and above all a splendid menu . Food was first class, complemented by excellent service.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great except for one moment.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Our daughter was away skiing and it was 1 year to the day that we had moved to fleet. So we decided to try somewhere new. First impressions were great, good vibe and lots life in the place. We had booked and had a table in front of the bar. We ordered drinks and food, the food was great. The moment was when we ordered another round of drinks. I had a pint already so ordered a soft drink. They delivered another beer, which I said I had not ordered, simple mistake, but then the landlady came and harried me as the beer was poured. It was not my error but was made to feel dishonest.

Shame his could easily have been a usually but will not return now.

Philip

Fleet, United Kingdom
“A Pub that is worth returning to”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had lunch here with my daughter and grandson.I had not been here for years. It was a clean & comfortable pub. We sat in the conservatory.The menu was varied & reasonably priced. Not cheap but not expensive.The staff were welcoming and friendly. We just had filled granary baguettes with a nice salad selection, coleslaw & crisps. We were naughty and had a bowl of chips on the side ! My 20 month old grandson had cheesy pasta. The food was fresh & well presented. The things that were cooked were cooked perfectly. The landlady came after a few minutes to check that all was well and offered more cheese if my grandson would like it. It was a lovely lunch. I have to comment on the state of the Ladies toilet. (no idea about the Gents !) Very clean but how many ladies toilets in a pub have flowers, individual flannel cloths to dry your hands with, tissues, hand and body lotion, Impulse body spray (and other things that only ladies would use!) all free to hand on the side for customers to use. I think that this was a very nice pub and I shall definitely return, probably with my husband for an evening meal as there were some nice choices of food. I therefore recommend this pub to others.

• Visited December 2012