“Used to be good!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I used to eat here regularly and always found it lovely food although always quite rushed!
I decided to take my works colleagues here for a Christmas meal.
I was quite embarrassed as the staff were rude especially when we asked for another round of starters and when we got to the mains some of us ordered the same dish and they only brought one dish out to share for 3 people, it is the size of a saucer! Not good any more!
They have now changed the name to Happy hour and put the all you can eat menu up to £15.95!
I will not be going here again, a shame. I was a regular customer and recommended it to so many! Big mistake for the management, I can see this restaurant disappearing if they keep up there poor service and price increases!!

3  Thank chelle999

Reviewed March 12, 2012

I saw the restaurant has changed the name from wala wala to Happy Hour so I decided to have a try with my family last week. What a surprise!!! The foods are great and the service is excellent. We have had a lovely family dinner that day and everyone really enjoyed themselves. Would definitely go back again or try their takeaway (delivery).

4  Thank mybobo323
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Went last night to the Wala Wala-have never been impressed as they load on the drinks prices but it was a friends' birthday and she wanted to go there. It is now called the Happy Hour can't quite think why!! I had a veg curry which tasted like Bisto with curry powder in it-and very small portion considering it was a main course !! They didn't seem happy that 2 of us did not want the banquet but I couldn't eat all of the courses.Food cost £9.50-one bottle of wine and 2 extra glasses for me and a friend £26.00!! Has negver been a favourite and after tonight never again!! The only saving grace was the cheerful barman who was very helpful and did smile.

2  Thank Barbara E
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I have been to Wala Wala on numerous occasions and can't say a bad word about the place. The food is excellent, lots of choice on the menu and is not greasy as you can find with some chinese'. We are always made to feel welcome and the service is excellent. I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

The other half and I love this place. She has lived in the area for 3 years, me for 1 and I must say, we don't like going anywhere else for a chinese.
The food is absolutely amazing. We cannot say 1 bad thing about it. The more you order, the less quantity you get so you can try everything and anything off the menu without wasting or ordering too much. If you finish a dish and want more, ask for more! Simple!

I see a lot of other reviews talking about bad service. We can honestly say that we haven't had any experiences like that ourselves. They were very pleasant and friendly.

Our only gripe with the place (that we usually laugh about) is the decor and music. The same mixed tape plays about 7/8 songs and repeats. This has been the same since we both can remember. It is rather funny that they haven't changed it. The decor is also rather poor. It feels like more of a breakfast café than it does a chinese restaurant. Come on, give us some vibrant reds and pictures of dragons! :)

They have nailed the most important aspects of making a great restaurant. Quality of food/service and price. If they just updated their music collection and redecorated, this place wouldn't be beat in the area!

Recommended.