“I only gave one star because I can't give no stars”
Review of New Era

New Era
Ranked #47 of 73 Restaurants in Fleet
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We live next to the new era and used to always enjoy their takeaways. The staff have always been rude and the wait is always long but the food was usually nice. It's gone downhill big time....the chicken is stringy greasy and undercooked, the food is always flavourless and over priced. I can't believe they've put their prices up and the food quality has got really awful! We gave them the benefit of the doubt and ordered again next time to find the food was even worse (didn't know that was possible) I also noticed their food hygiene rating is 2......gross! Do not order from this takeaway you will be really dissapointed. Such a shame as it used to be really nice.

2  Thank Lou K
There are newer reviews for New Era

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Being a Tuesday our usual takeaway was closed so we decided to try out the new era. As most people seem to have an issue with the service, my customer service experience was no different. Where are these people's manners????? When I got the food back home I served it up and we tucked in, the food taste wasn't bad and probably the best thing were the Singapore noodles and the chicken curry. All was going reasonably well until we started on the chicken balls which were extremely undercooked!!!!! Between the undercooked food and the poor customer service I would never go to the new era ever again even if it was the only takeaway in fleet!!

1  Thank James_d4385
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Used to love New Era, it was by far the best chinese around. Unfortunately it changed hands and we had noticed it wasn't as good as it had been. Still we carried on visiting, until we noticed the food hygiene and safety rating on their green sticker ( not displayed on the front glass, but behind the counter) it is only a 2 out of 5. Having been on a food hygiene course, that score is just not good enough for me and I will not be revisiting

1  Thank Mini1972
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Really nice and fresh Chinese even when delivered. Not too heavy on the mono sodium glutamate so not too stodgy. Actually better than Fleet's 2 sit down Chinese restaurants. Slightly tricky timings when ordering a takeaway for delivery as they tend to say it will be about 45 minutes and 10 minutes later they're knocking on your door. Still, better this way round rather than waiting forever.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Food is always great quality, chicken sweet and sour balls are the best, kids love them!! Very fast service although not very friendly!!!!!