“Lovely food”

The Gulshan
Ranked #29 of 74 Restaurants in Fleet
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hampshire
“Lovely food”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have eaten in this restaurant many, many times and have never been disappointed. If ever we have a take-away, it is always from this restaurant. The food is excellent and we have found the staff to be particularly welcoming. I really cannot understand the negative comments that have been written by so many people, and can only assume that the happy customers have failed to leave their comments. The last time we visited was about 2 months ago, and had a take-away about 4 weeks ago, and on both occasions were completely satisfied. I do so hope it hasn't gone down hill since then! I'll have to go back soon and comment again.

• Visited September 2013

Fleet, England, United Kingdom
“50th Birthday Treat”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My Husband, myself and our twenty one year old daughter went in search of somewhere to eat and decided upon the Gulshan. it is a long time since we have eaten there and as it has been recently refurbished thought we would give a go. The interior of the restraint is bright, modern and comfortable. we were shown to a table by the far wall, there was one other couple already waiting for there starter. We were given menus advised about the special offer and we ordered drinks and poppadum's , they arrived fairly promptly. It took some time for our waiter to reappear to take our order but we were in no rush so we did not mind. Though my Daughter was hungry. We decided to take up the offer of £14.95 and chose a starter, main, side dish, rice or bread. we all chose something different which gave our Daughter a chance to try a taste of ours as Indian cuisine is fairly new to her. We did have to wait a while but hoping this was because our food was freshly cooked as opposed to slow service. Several other people arrived as we were dining. our food arrived and my Daughters portion of Tandoori chicken was very generous which she had with plain boiled rice. My husbands and my meals were average, nothing out of the ordinary.
We declined coffee and Desserts and our bill came to £59 something including drinks.

We had an average meal in a pleasant restaurant. the toilet facilities were clearly not refurbished the money has been spent on the restaurant. The Gents my husband reported had soaking wet floors and the ladies was freezing with no heating on. reasonably clean but needs some TLC. The only other thing I would advise is, don't sit facing the window onto the Oatsheaf car park as the car lights shine right in your eyes.

• Visited November 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Terrible not terrific”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Four of us went to the Gulshan for a family meal, we booked a table as it was a Friday night, the service was shocking very very slow and meet by a profusely sweating man who was just rude. Our drinks order was wrong twice, the time it took to take our order was painful around 30mins and the food was mediocre at best. To top it off at the end of our meal the waiter took off the table cloth to reveal a dirty one below, AVOID the Gulshan, we won't be going back. Four Fleet residents.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank david c
“Cold takeaway and bad attitude”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Having just moved back to fleet I thoughtd I'd get a take away from here as it always used to be fantastic. I was told 45-60 mins and after 80 mins I called only to be told 'maybe its coming'. After 90 mins the driver called to say he was lost. I live on one of Fleets well known roads with a massive sign at either end. When he finally arrived my food was stone cold. When I called to complain they said they could do it again but would be 1.5 hours. He explained that a lot of people ordered when I did. I told him his driver got lost. He told me he didn't. I didn't have enough patience left to continue talking so I put the phone down and microwaved my food. Its never the same is it, especially when you've just been mugged off on the phone. Goodbye Gulshan.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank George_gallant
Dubai
“Not what i expected”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The menu was very Indian , but not any where near , the standards I expect .. Too bland and when asked for a spicy dish it was just chillies without any noticeable flavour ..

Location is good , but the management can definitely work on the quality ..

Visited October 2013