“Good, no fuss food, and really affordable!”
Review of Tree House - CLOSED

Tree House
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We frequent the Tree House, Harvester, Fleet on a pretty regular basis. Although not weekly, or even monthly on some occasions, my wife and I have been to this particular restaurant on and off for the past seven years or so!
Being a creature of habit, I'm not one for trying new things very often, and tend to stick with what I like, and like what I stick with!
The food at this particular restaurant is always predictably good, and can honestly say that in seven years, I've never had cause to complain.
Service is swift, and on the whole, the staff are polite, friendly and efficient.
The Harvester chain of restaurants are known for their free salad bars, and I like the fact that you don't feel pressured into buying a starter, knowing that there is always something to suit any appetite at the salad bar, and very rarely come away feeling anything but well fed.
Also, with such good value for money, you don't feel like the salad bar is being subsidised by high priced food, and at the time of putting finger to keypad, my wife and I can eat out, with a drink for just under £20:00 for the two of us!
Even at really busy times, we've never had to wait more than twenty minutes or so to be seated, and more often than not, we are taken directly to a table.
If busy, you can take a drink from the well stocked bar, and sit in the comfy chairs and chat until a table becomes available.
I would have awarded 5 out of 5 for atmosphere too, but an increasing trend now seems to be acceptable, and mobile phones, games consoles, iPads etc are becoming more and more of a nuisance, and the restaurant seem helpless to do anything about it.
Anyone reading this take note! Not everyone wants to join in on your conversation with your BFF, or listen to the latest "shoot em up". Enjoy the company of the people you're with, and leave your devices in the car.
We've started to be recognised by the manageress, and I'm not sure if this is good or bad? I'll know we've overdone it when we are taken to a table, and handed our meal without an exchange of words!!
A nice relaxing evening out, and feels like you've treated yourselves without breaking the bank!

There are newer reviews for Tree House

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The Harvester is cheap & cheerful. The staff are always polite & happy to accommodate your requests. We eat here regularly because our daughter (5 yrs old) loves the salad bar & the rolls! Its a nice atmosphere & the food is basic but nice. It is clean & we always have a nice time when we visit.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is one of the larger Harvesters. We were seated promptly.The service was good/attentive staff. The food let the establishment down.The food was over cooked for both myself and husband. It was a spooky coincidence that later that evening one of my children began vomiting and a sleepless night was had by all.

1  Thank Catherine A
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We was very impressed with this restaurant. They were busy (it was 5:30 on a Friday evening). Staff were polite and helpful. LO changed his mind about which drink he wanted and they did not complain. Portion sizes excellent and calorie values on the menu, so easy to pick healthier options.

LO had a children's combo. I had chicken skewers and hubby a burger. Meal arrived promptly and with the help yourself salad counter was great.

For puddings we all had sundaes. I don't like squirty cream, so they placed extra ice-cream on mine and it was lovely creamy soft whippy stuff.

Would def go back again and recommend the restaurant. Only down side is sometimes they run out of parking - this has happened on a previous visit.

Well done and thanks.

1  Thank Junie01
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

We went to the harvester expecting a quick and easy lunch time meal.
Although the salad bar was pleasant the rolls were stale!
also the food we ordered was not good at all! The gammon was extremely fatty and greasy! The fries were cold and the peas rock hard!
We won't be going back!