“Great Place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gnadenhutten
Brick House on Main Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Gnadenhutten B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Brick House on Main. Jim and Cathy were great hosts, the rooms were very clean, the food was fantastic, an the little village of Gnadenhutten is very nice with alot of history to it.
We'll surely be back to stay again and will recommend to our friends and family.
Scott and Karen Jones

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank scott j
There are newer reviews for Brick House on Main Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had a great stay at The Brick House on Main. Friendly Peopleo make you feel right at home. Beautiful rooms that are comfortable and attractive. Cathywent out of her way to help usbe aware of what was going on in the area and to provide directions and help as we neede it. The delicious breakfast was the perfect way to top off our visit. Would highly recommend this bed & breakfast to anyone who has an occasion to be in this area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bob P P
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Our stay was due to a death in the family. The Brick House should be called "The Brick Home" as it was so comfortable and warm, and the Markers were such gracious hosts. My adult daughters, my husband and I used both rooms one night, then I stayed alone for several more days to visit with friends and family. Breakfast was sumptuous and specific to my dietary needs, not an easy feat. I enjoyed reading the history of the house and all of the information about the area that was provided. I plan to stay again the next time I'm in town, and look forward to my next breakfast in that charming, elegant dining room. (My daughter said she wanted to take the bathroom home with her.)

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank oldmud
Reviewed December 6, 2012

BRICK HOUSE ON MAIN is like HOME ... not like MY REAL home, but like the home of your dreams. The house is filled with the kindness and love that Cathy and Jim bestow on everyone who visits. Moreover, Cathy's gift of hospitality extends to the delicious breakfast she serves her guests. My husband and I have stayed there twice, and we hope to visit often... Immaculate? CHECK. Good food? CHECK. Comfortable bed? CHECK. Outstanding service? CHECK.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JoAnnHague
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We knew we were in for something special as soon as we were greeted by our hosts, Cathy and Jim Marker. Their warm and gracious hello made it hard to remember we were there as guests and not family.

The house is just beautiful and reflects the love the Markers obviously have for their home. The extensive renovations were completely in character with the house. Rooms were decorated with period antiques and yet were very comfortable and cozy.

We had our pick of rooms; Nancy chose the large, bay window bedroom.

The white cast iron bed was very comfortable. The house was so quiet it was hard to believe we didn't have it to ourselves.

Breakfast can only be described as edible art. The first course was baked pears with fresh raspberries which was followed by a delicious western omelette, baked oatmeal and sausage. Portions were more than generous.

We were planning our next visit before our first evening had even ended. It's hard to imagine how our stay could have been more pleasant or rewarding.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James C
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We arrived a Friday evening about 5:30 it was dark and we got lost a bit due to navigational error on husbands part :). Innkeeper Cathy met us outside and led us in on a stone walkway very pretty. The inside is beautiful and impeccably clean. She has two rooms we stayed in the room with the wooden bed so pretty and elegant. We loved our room there is a leather recliner on a landing outside the door for reading or napping as my husband did as he has horrible back pain and problems. Bed was comfortable to me with very nice linens. They have robes available which we did not use they were a thin type robe not plush and thick but still nice. She had two bottles of water in each room along with a folder of local things to do and eat along with a book of history of the Home which was very nice. She offers complimentary evenin snacks we had chocolate pecan cookies which were good! She does offer more substantial fare for a fee but we had already eaten. The bath upstairs was VERY clean and beautiful. Claw foot tub and shampoos and toiletries if needed. There are books and games if you desire and a small table in the second room. Only 2 problems (not really a problem) was our room had no TV my sisters room did. It was ok no problems we only spent one night and we shared with my sis and played boardgames (offered YATZEE LIFE and BOGGLE) and #2 the drinks were available down stairs but you needed to ask for them we are shy and had never stayed at a B n B before she we chose to just drink bottled water provided. BEST thing was her homemade breakfast! We started with fresh fruit which was so good and homemade banana nut bread was on the table with butter as well. We were then given a ham and cheese omelet which was light and fluffy! Served with a sweet potato hash which was delicious (I do not normally eat things like that) after that we had 3 half slices of french toast also very good!! We had OJ but were offered coffee and tea which we declined. We stayed one night it was great first time experience. I imagine more than a night or two could get boring (but we are not normally B n B goers so take my opinion lightly ) I would reccomend to anyone. If fact I would love to have more of her cooking right now if possible!!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank WVdisneyRN
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We LOVED it here. I can't believe this B&B has only be open for about 5 months. Everything was so well done; I guessed it had been open for years. The room was beautiful and very comfortable (I slept great). Breakfast was wonderful (I especially loved the baked pear...mmmm). My husband wanted me to make sure I mentioned that the coffee was excellent. He asked Cathy about it and she said it is Starbucks that she weighs out (impressive attention to detail in this area in my opinion). Overall, we had a great stay and both thought this was the best priced B&B for all that you get of the ones where we have stayed. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank coastergirl13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gnadenhutten
Zinck's Inn
Red Roof Inn Uhrichsville
Red Roof Inn Uhrichsville
#1 of 1 in Uhrichsville
The Schoenbrunn Inn & Conference Center
The Schoenbrunn Inn & Conference...
#4 of 6 in New Philadelphia

Been to Brick House on Main Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!