See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We knew we were in for something special as soon as we were greeted by our hosts, Cathy and Jim Marker. Their warm and gracious hello made it hard to remember we were there as guests and not family.

The house is just beautiful and reflects the love the Markers obviously have for their home. The extensive renovations were completely in character with the house. Rooms were decorated with period antiques and yet were very comfortable and cozy.

We had our pick of rooms; Nancy chose the large, bay window bedroom.

The white cast iron bed was very comfortable. The house was so quiet it was hard to believe we didn't have it to ourselves.

Breakfast can only be described as edible art. The first course was baked pears with fresh raspberries which was followed by a delicious western omelette, baked oatmeal and sausage. Portions were more than generous.

We were planning our next visit before our first evening had even ended. It's hard to imagine how our stay could have been more pleasant or rewarding.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James C
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We arrived a Friday evening about 5:30 it was dark and we got lost a bit due to navigational error on husbands part :). Innkeeper Cathy met us outside and led us in on a stone walkway very pretty. The inside is beautiful and impeccably clean. She has two rooms we stayed in the room with the wooden bed so pretty and elegant. We loved our room there is a leather recliner on a landing outside the door for reading or napping as my husband did as he has horrible back pain and problems. Bed was comfortable to me with very nice linens. They have robes available which we did not use they were a thin type robe not plush and thick but still nice. She had two bottles of water in each room along with a folder of local things to do and eat along with a book of history of the Home which was very nice. She offers complimentary evenin snacks we had chocolate pecan cookies which were good! She does offer more substantial fare for a fee but we had already eaten. The bath upstairs was VERY clean and beautiful. Claw foot tub and shampoos and toiletries if needed. There are books and games if you desire and a small table in the second room. Only 2 problems (not really a problem) was our room had no TV my sisters room did. It was ok no problems we only spent one night and we shared with my sis and played boardgames (offered YATZEE LIFE and BOGGLE) and #2 the drinks were available down stairs but you needed to ask for them we are shy and had never stayed at a B n B before she we chose to just drink bottled water provided. BEST thing was her homemade breakfast! We started with fresh fruit which was so good and homemade banana nut bread was on the table with butter as well. We were then given a ham and cheese omelet which was light and fluffy! Served with a sweet potato hash which was delicious (I do not normally eat things like that) after that we had 3 half slices of french toast also very good!! We had OJ but were offered coffee and tea which we declined. We stayed one night it was great first time experience. I imagine more than a night or two could get boring (but we are not normally B n B goers so take my opinion lightly ) I would reccomend to anyone. If fact I would love to have more of her cooking right now if possible!!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank WVdisneyRN
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We LOVED it here. I can't believe this B&B has only be open for about 5 months. Everything was so well done; I guessed it had been open for years. The room was beautiful and very comfortable (I slept great). Breakfast was wonderful (I especially loved the baked pear...mmmm). My husband wanted me to make sure I mentioned that the coffee was excellent. He asked Cathy about it and she said it is Starbucks that she weighs out (impressive attention to detail in this area in my opinion). Overall, we had a great stay and both thought this was the best priced B&B for all that you get of the ones where we have stayed. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank coastergirl13
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Brick House on Main for our anniversay in July. We were very pleased with our nice room with the iron bed in the bay window. I loved the deep luxurious bath tub and the big bathroom with period-style fixtures. Everything was new and clean, and very private. The house has been nicely restored, and tastefully decorated. No excess of silk flowers and ribbons that often clutter BandB's. Vintage china in the dining room and a large front porch made this a comfortable stay.
Cathy and Jim were welcoming hosts. While Gnadenhutten is a very small town with limited services, it is near the highway and within 10 or 15 minutes from wineries and dining.
We look forward to returning to the Brick House on Main.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kathy K
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Last weekend I stayed at the "Brick House on Main" and had a wonderful experience. The bedroom was awesome and very comfortable. We were served in the beautifully decorated dining room on china dishes. The food was delicious and Cathy, our hostess, did a wonderful job of making us feel welcome.
I definitely would like stay again. If you enjoy being pampered I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends