and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Easy to find if you look for the Monkey Puzzle restaurant sign. In a non-residential area - quiet - with no discernable noise from outside.
Plenty of free parking.
Noise insulation between floors is NON-EXISTENT - woken shortly after 05:00 by occupant in room above. Could hear every footfall, doors closing, water running. Have absolutely no idea what constituted a "Good Night's Sleep" but being woken so early wasn't my idea of one! No comment from check out staff other than "it's a problem that's been reported to Head Office a number of times"!
Hadn't realised when we arrived quite late that noise insulation was so poor (our apologies to the occupants above if we disturbed your early night)!
Facilities in room quite "budget". Kettle - very small for potentially 4 occupants of a quad room - took forever to boil. Only 2 small mugs & 2 glasses provided.
TV quality was good - plenty of programmes and good reception.
King size bed too firm & pillows (even those marked 'firmer') too soft. Day bed not too bad but underbed spare felt like it was just a base and was missing a mattress. Room was certainly large enough to have used both singles.
Room reasonably decorated (clean & bright, if a bit clinical) and temperature (set at 21) was comfortably warm, though it would have been nice to have been able to securely open a window if only a fraction as it felt very airless.
Back of bathroom door had 3 large holes in as if hooks had been ripped out.
Plenty of hot water - sufficient for 3 to have baths one after the other.
Cussons soaps in dispensers was a nice touch.
Heated towel rail with sign warning "this towel rail can get hot"! - though it didn't really get past luke warm for us.
Check in lady was very friendly and quick to provide bedding for the single bed which, despite booking the room for 3 people, hadn't been made up.
This was a last minute booking but I was annoyed when, as the booking engine had gone down when I tried to book the night before, when I finally managed to get onto it the following morning (the day of travel) the price had gone up £5!
Arrived too late and left too early to take advantage of the on-site Brewers Fayre (the Monkey Puzzle) but imagine it's very similar to all the other Brewer's Fayres in the UK.
All in all not a bad experience - it was convenient for where we were going the following day and was an OK stop-over, but I'm not sure that I would want to stay for any length of time though...

Room Tip: Not sure, without improvement in internal noise insulation, that there is a "good" room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank She2656

Reviewed November 12, 2012

we have stayed at this premier in many times and always found it to be to our liking. this time however things had changed Rooms still ok clean and tidy but the beds not as comfortable as we remembered. Location good as near to farnborough airfield and also approx 10 mins from Aldershot,quiet for such a location. Staff always pleasant and cleaners cheerful. No biscuits in room and only the min tea, coffee, milk and sugar for no of guests in rooms.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Not at all comfortable. The rooms feel as if they've been designed for the convenience of the cleaners rather than guests. Cold, sterile, uncomfortable, The bathrooms are more like public toilets.

The restaurant had an indian buffet which was bland, insipid, pretty much tasteless and in part not cooked properly. Possibly the worst I have ever had.

Room Tip: Ask for one at another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul C
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay.
We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations.

Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated.

Thank you once again for your review.

Naina
Social Media Team,

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Premier Inns are fast becoming my favourite business hotel and this one is ideal for my trips to farnborough. Good spacious rooms very clean and good value for money in my opinion. Having the monkey puzzle attached was great for convenient food and whilst not great it's pretty good for pub food. All in all I would recommend this hotel without hesitation

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I'm used to staying at Premier Inns as the company I work for use them. This was another impressive Premier Inn. I thought I would be distracted by the planes and the airfield but I hardly heard them. The receptionist called Kelly I think was very helpful. The light in the bathroom was out and Kelly made sure this was replaced quickly. I had something to eat in the restaurant next door and it was an nice meal, nothing special. I was very impressed with the room I had. The armchair and little coffee table was a little added touch that made the room feel homely. The room was clean and as always had the spare pillows. I liked that the room had hanging space and shelves as I find these useful for storing bags to keep them out of the way.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2012

A pleasant and comfortable stay. Would be good however, if the adjacent restaurant could improve their cooking! The restaurant is next door so is ideal to use but our food was not fresh or well cooked.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Nine of us stayed at this Premier Inn for our visit to Lego land which is only 30 mins away. The staff were excellent very friendly, and the room was very clean and comfy good value for money.We ate in the Monkey Puzzle adjoing again the staff were excellent and the food very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Village Hotel Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
#1 of 7 in Farnborough
Travelodge Fleet Hotel
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel? Share your experiences!