“Poor Quality for a Holiday INN”

Holiday Inn Farnborough
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Reviewed August 2, 2007

£136 per night B&B. Very small room. I normally stay in the travel inn in Aldershot or at a push Potters international. Both were fully booked so i decided to pay the extra for the this hotel thinking it would be worth it.

The room was very very small and very dated. I looked onto a NOISY air con unit at the back of the hotel which was strewn with litter on the roof. The bathroom had dirty grout and cracked tiles and was certainly no where near the standard that it should have been.

The dinner content was ok but I was charged a 10% service charge with my meal for 1 because I ordered a glass of wine!! I had only 1 choice of white wine per glass which cost £5.

I stay in hotels 2 times a week and would certainly not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business

Reviewed June 4, 2007

I have stayed in the Holiday Inn (or the Queen's Hotel, as most of the locals still call it) numerous times over the last year whilst on business. I can safely say that it is the best hotel in Farnborough; however, given the alternatives, that isn't saying much. Everything about it is average or reasonable, except for the price, which is decidedly more than you would expect to pay for the standard of hotel you are getting. Still, until somebody decides to build a truly good hotel in the area, the Holiday Inn holds a licence to print money- and print it they assuredly do.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2006

Recently stayed one night at the HI farnborough to attend a wedding. We had requested an early check-in to allow us to get changed on arrival we were checked in quickly and found our room ready. Our room was in the main building at the front of the hotel, it was small with a decent bathroom and met our requirements. Our group returned late and found the bar open and the atmosphere was very relaxed. We were made to feel very welcome and stayed up for another hour or so.

Our room had good insulation and we slept soundly with minimal noise disturbance. Breakfast was very civilised and ran until 11, there was a good selection of hot and cold buffet items which were topped up frequently. There were lots of staff around so service was fast and efficient.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting for events or attractions in the area. We felt that it was good value for money and more relaxed and friendly than we would expect from a large impersonal chain.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank Crudots
Reviewed October 10, 2006

I stayed here for one night. I found check-in to be smooth and the deskperson was very courteous. I was directed to my room and forced to lug my bags up the stairs by reception as there is no lift. Walking to my room, I felt considerable trepidation, as the hallway floor feels like it is ready to give out and is quite noisy. The old rug and dated wallpaper adds to the downtrodden impression.

I was, however, pleasantly surprised by my room, which had obviously had a recent renovation. Both the bedroom and bathroom were very clean and the room was fitted out with a kettle and iron and ironing board.

I avoided the bar due to smokiness and was disappointed to see that there was no tonic water in the minibar, so had to forego a G&T as well... : - (

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank letterip
Reviewed October 7, 2006

This hotel is a mixture of good and bad. The location was fairly easy to find and there was parking. Check in was relatively painless, although it seemed a long way to the room and if there was a lift, we weren't made aware of it.

The room was adequate, with tea & coffee making facilities; hairdryer and ironing board. The bathroom was clean.

We were made welcome by the pool staff and enjoyed a nice swim and jacuzzi. The pool has very nice, warm water.

I thought that the bar was made to seem down-market by the fact that there were large TV screens everywhere showing football - it was impossible to escape them. Two barmen between them had no idea how to mix a campari and soda or how to serve a pernod. The staff were generally polite and attentive, but some of them gave the impression that they had very little idea of what they were doing. The waiter at dinner appeared so nervous that he couldn't get the cork out of the wine bottle.

Starters and choice of wine - very good. Main courses - poor. Excellent, well-presented, cooked English breakfast.

A mixed bag. Seemed mainly to cater to business people.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank SherwoodSal
Reviewed September 22, 2006

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank monkeynonk
Reviewed July 15, 2006

• Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank SaraMo67
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator Hotel Hampshire
Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel
Travelodge Farnborough Central
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Farnborough? Share your experiences!