“Excellent”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Kelso
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great welcome, friendly staff, Lovely swim pool, & jacuzzi. My children (aged7 &9) enjoyed helping themselves to fantastic, well presented breakfast, lots of choices. Comfy beds. We visited as part of trip to Legoland, the only negative was the drive to hotel after Legoland had closed at 5pm- took longer than we expected. Very busy traffic.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Robert-Head, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Yvette S,

Thank you for the time taken to review your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Farnborough.

The team and I were all so pleased with your review as not only is it helpful for future travellers to choose where to stay, but also a great way for our staff to be recognised for the great service they provide. It's great to hear your children enjoyed the pool and breakfast.

Many thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Polish first
Dorset
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just wanted to get away for the weekend, and had never been to Farnborough. To be honest, we didn't have high hopes, but turned out to be very good indeed. Easy access and parking, pleasant, helpful reception and staff, clean and (relatively) spacious room and good facilities.

If I had to pick a 'fault' (and this is very trivial) I found it rather strange that I couldn't order drinks and bar snacks by going to the bar - I had to take a seat and wait for someone to take my order. Excellent food, but just a slightly unexpected way of ordering.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If there is an event on, then ask to be as far from reception as possible. It's worth the walk.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TexasJeffDorset,

It's great to see we exceeded your expectations of the hotel. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team and hotel.

Our team like to ensure all our guests get the full service experience which is why we like guests to relax and rest whilst we take care of things, I have passed on your comments regarding the table service to the F&B manager to ensure we are doing this the right way.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel, I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff. Nice bar. Spirits were pricey. Room very nice. Good tv reception. Tasty breakfast. Would stay again. Book early and the rooms are cheaper. We booked a couple if months in advance and paid£36. Tried get another room a week before and they had gone up to £75.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Paul J,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Farnborough, I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our great offers.

Your comments regarding the spirit prices in the bar will be fed back to our F&B Operations team to review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed here for just one night on our way to heathrow airport. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable as was the bed. There was even a choice of soft or hard pillows. We had complementary tea and coffee and biscuits. It was a very good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Robert-Head, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Ovine

Thank you for your review 'Great place to spend the night'. I am glad you found the Hotel comfortable and the staff to be friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Red Lodge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2013

So to begin with for me to actually take some time to write about an experience I have had can only mean one of two things, It was either brilliant OR i want to make it clear to others how bad it was.
Well by my one green dot, I guess we already know where this is going. I have worked in customer service in the past, I know that sometimes we can expect a little to much and some people can be unrealistic with their expectations. HOWEVER!

This was a business stay only for one night which had been pre-booked by one of my colleagues, 5 rooms and 5 people. He is a member with the Holiday Inn (PCR i believe) so it was easiest for him to do.
The drama began at check-in the room rate confirmed on our checkin email was £130, we agreed we would all pay individually for business expense claim reasons. We were each asked if we wanted to have our cards pre-authed. This seem logical however when it was done for £280 this did raise some questions as to why, considering the rooms didn't have any mini bar or similar.
This was confirmed later that our checkin was misread and they have put a premium of 5 people in each room (double room) an interesting stay some might say.

We checked in at around 530-6pm and agreed to meet in the bar 5-10 minutes later. Let me be very clear both the bar and restaurant areas were extremely quiet. One of us asked for a round of drinks, the barrel had obviously ran out so the guy behind the bar had said he would sort that out and bring over the drink when done. 15 minutes later and he was still chatting to his work buddy behind the bar, and other members of our party had joined our table. They wanted drinks and so ordered theirs, and gently reminded them about the outstanding drinks for our table. another 10 minutes and the drinks were still outstanding, a few minutes later the first beer arrived and a reminder for the second request for drinks was given. 5 minutes later nothing. So my colleague went up and reminded them. The wrong drink was then given to him. It was corrected but the mood was slowly deteriorating.

We moved to the restaurant and here things really got interesting. a fairly simple menu so hopes were high. A new girl was in training, and none of us had issue with this, we were all polite and gave her time to take our orders, especially as she seemed very nervous. A gentleman was with her so we did feel as though it would be supervised by him.

We had burgers and a selection of us had extra chips/onion rings/bread etc. One person had a steak but requested no salad.

The meals came out reasonably quickly and well presented. A reminder for the extras was given as these were not given to us. We made around 6 requests for the sides and drinks we had asked for. it became such a drama that I lost track of what happened as it was beyond silly. Sauces were missed and they were given to us so late that our bill had actually arrived on our table 5 minutes before the last parts to our meal. Let me be clear we were given discount because of this mess but I was expecting to pay what the menu said, I didn't care about that I just wanted the food I ordered.

We left drained, tired and disappointed.

A few of us went to an outside pub and I was hungry when I returned so rang down from my room for beer soaking food. the phone rang out on a 24 hour service. Reception were not interested so I didn't bother in the end.

Breakfast was self service so expectations were high. However the food was all cold.

IN short I would never stay here again, and money would be safer at a Travel Lodge/Premier Inn where I have paid a 3rd of the price and never have issue.

No points Holiday inn!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank LeeByatt
Dear LeeByatt

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I was dissapointed to see that it was not a favourable one.

We are dreadfully sorry for the problems you encountered during your stay and have taken all your comments very seriously. These will be followed up with our Managment teams as the service you received is not typical of our normal high standards.

I would like to thank you once again for your feedback as comments such as yours gives us a clear direction from a customer's point of view and how we can better our service for future guests.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Our entire family stayed at the Holiday Inn at the weekend (18 of us - aged 18 months to 85 years) for my grandson's christening. We all found the hotel rooms perfect for our needs, and the hotel had kindly put us all near each other. The swimming pool was a great asset and breakast offered plenty of choice. The children appreciated their milk and cookie voucher too. Very good value.
Only one tiny point, we had requested a cot in the room when booking but that took a few hours to materialise after we'd checked in.
Other than that, more than satisfactory for our brief visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear CAR_September

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor and the great feedback provided. We are all happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and utilised the facilites we have to offer.

I would like to apologise for the delay in getting the cot set up in your room and have fed back your comments to the relevant department so that incidents such as this do not arise in the future.

Many thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you and your family on a future occasion.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Farnborough EN 22-28 September 13. Book the room based on what I saw on TripAdvisor and the place looked good. We were greeted with a warm welcome by the staff and checkin was easy. They gave us a room on the ground floor with a nice patio, thought this was going to work out nicely. When we arrived at the room I noticed immediately this was a smoking room, not want I asked for when booking.

The next day I noticed a smell in different parts of the room that could only be described as urine. I called the front desk and asked for a manager to please come to the room, which he did. I asked him what he thought of the smell and he said it smelled like a smoking room. He offered to move us to another room. The new room was now on the third floor, did I mention there was no elevator!! We moved to the new room and was happy to find no peculiar smells.

The hotel has some great features like the gym, the bar area, restaurant, the garden. The hotel looks nice, but the rooms need an update. They will get you with the extras, its expensive!! Internet isn't free, cost us $113.00 for the week and they limit you to 2 devices. Breakfast was over $25.00 and laundry was over $30.00. A glass of wine in the bar was $13.00, bring your wallet full!!! Three out of five stars for me.

Room Tip: Stay away from room #142!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Howboutcha

Thank you for the taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. As I had personally dealt with your issue, I was pleased to hear that the alternative room was to your satisfaction.

As previously discussed, there are no smoking rooms available at the Holiday Inn Farnborough. However as the inital room provided has a patio, some guests utilise this area for smoking and we have since instructed the Housekeeping team to ensure that any rooms smelling of smoke are reported to the Managment team for further action.

In relation to your comments regarding WiFi and laundry charges, we have fed back your comments to our Head Office for further review.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
Holiday Inn Guildford
Holiday Inn Guildford
#3 of 11 in Guildford
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Farnborough? Share your experiences!