“A Busy Saturday Night” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Farnborough
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“A Busy Saturday Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

When I checked in at 1600 on Saturday 8 June, I saw a wedding car & a sign for a 21st birthday party. Great I throught, no sleep tonight then !. I left around 1800 and return at 1900 to find the reception area full of people & loud music in one of the function rooms. I made my way back to room 228, which is at the far right side of the hotel. From here there was no noise at all !!. I was suprised and pleased. My window only viewed the edge of the carpark & some industrial units, but stuff the view I wanted sleep !. The room was large & comfortable through not the newest of buildings. There was very little noise at night, so no complaints. When I left there was a coach in the carpark, so I guess they had stayed the night also. From what I heard that night, I could have been the only one there !. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sharla82
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear sharla82

Thank you for the time taken to review us on Tripadvisor and the great feedback provided.

I am glad you found the Hotel to be quiet and comfortable during your stay and was pleased to know that you would stay with us again when in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We recently held our wedding reception here and were very pleased with the service and the price. We had good communication with the event planners who were very helpful and made sure everything was well planned. We choose the front room because it was light and airy and the 3 sections suited our needs: when it was all laid it out looked great. The food was good - (the only comment being the pate starter was rather large!), the service was smooth and timely. As others have said the rooms are clean and comfortable, but fairly standard, but the fact that the main part is an older more traditional hotel gives the place a touch of class that not all HIs have.

Overall we found this to be the best and the cheapest venue for a wedding reception in the area and we were really pleased with our choice. Thanks to the staff for making sure we had a great day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alan R

Thank you for your reivew on Tripadvisor. It was a great review and one we all enjoyed reading. We are glad that the hotel lived up to your expectations on your special day and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have visited the area several times recently, but never stayed at the HI Farnborough as it was far more expensive than the surrounding hotels. This time, I figured I would find out why.

The exterior didn't disappoint, it looked like a country house hotel. The receptionist was excellent, friendly and efficient.

The staircase to the room, though it looked nice, was pretty impractical if you were carrying any luggage. The standard room was typical HI, functional but not exceptional.

Dinner in the bar was very good. The service was excellent, the food good and the price was Ok.

Breakfast was a big disappointment. There were lots of staff clearing tables, but it took half an hour to get a pot of coffee. The hot breakfast serving area had heavy earthenware lids over the food, but nowhere to set them down!

It's a nice hotel with mostly excellent staff and service, but it's not worth the premium price they charge. I can stay in central London for less.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear pfranks733,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. I am sorry for the shortcoming you have experienced. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for many years. For about 50% of the time this has been to my regret. The rooms are noisy and food poor. It has never been an issue to move my room but I have to do it all the time. For the price this is a "no stay" hotel for me. The difficulty is that it may be the only hotel with availability in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Wrightstuffff

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor.

We are sorry to hear of the problems you encountered during your stay with us and are disappointed to read your review. As TripAdvisor does not provide us with your full name, please contact me directly so that I can obtain additional details regarding your stay.

Once again, we regret that your experience with us this time was not favourable and hope we may have the honour of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Farnborough.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stay at this hotel over bank holiday weekend, booked 2 rooms for a party of 5' family room was brill but our double room was outdated and very dark, if you book a double room they class this as a standard room so you don't get all extras that a family room get strange it may be but they don't tell you this when booking. Staff was fab pool great apart from the room everything was very good

Room Tip: Only book a family room to get best room with all the extras
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Terry H

Thank you for your review of our Hotel and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities and staff to be very good.

I am pleased to say that an investment has been agreed by the owners for an update of bedrooms and replacement of furniture in 2013 (dates tbc).

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future and thank you once again for staying with us.

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was great, clean rooms and very good service, the staff can't do enough. I was unfortunate enough to have the air conditioning in my room and pour water all over the floor...having reported it the hotels response was excellent in getting it repaired while I was at work and upgrading my room as a result.

Only downside is I was disappointed in the restaurant, I ordered the steak (as did my colleague) and both were not great quality steaks.

Otherwise this is a perfectly pleasant hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear trh217

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Farnborough. I was glad to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff and service to be to your satisfaction.

I have noted your comments with regards to your meal and have fed this back to the Head Chef for immediate action.

Many thanks once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on Sunday 12th May. Arrived with two tired children aged 4 and 8 for a trip to legoland. On arrival both children were given a goodie bag which they loved and the check in was quick and efficient. After settling in we went to the pool which was quite small but perfect for us to swim and play in for an hour. The next morning we had breakfast which had an excellent choice and my 8 year old especially loved making pancakes from the pancake machine.On checkout we were given freshly make cookies for the children. The hotel was clean with spacious rooms and first class staff.Would definitely stay here again and will recommend to friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear carol123131

Thank you for the time taken to review us on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you and your children enjoyed your stay with us so much and would provide a great recommendation for future travellers.

Shortly, you may be sent an on-line guest satisfaction survey and it would be greatly appreciated if you could take a few moments to complete this and reflect your great feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel
Premier Inn Farnborough Town Centre
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham

Been to Holiday Inn Farnborough? Share your experiences!