“Good if you need the location, else just ok” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Farnborough

Holiday Inn Farnborough
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Farnborough
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good if you need the location, else just ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I personally see this Holiday Inn as 3 rather than 4 star for the rooms rather than the communal areas. The gym and pool is nice and breakfast is well cooked but I found the restaurant room very cold. Evening meal was disappointing. I had sausages and mash... The sausage (a choice of 3 types) were lovely but the mash was unseasoned and tasteless.

I found my room (number 245) well sized and clean but the bed was not very comfortable, just adequate and the spacious bathroom was also quite cold.

I've got to stay there again as the location is good for work but will do trying a different room in a different part of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Dwain_Pipe

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am glad you enjoyed the Health Club facilities during your recent stay and also commented on the well cooked breakfast.

I have noted your comments with regards to your evening meal and will feed this back to the relevant department. Also, I would like to apologise for the experience you had with your room accommodations and we would be more than happy to provide you with a room in a different part of the hotel when you next stay with us.

Many thanks once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours Sincerely
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is very close to exhibition center, 5 minutes walking distance. It has good wifi connection, and rooms are clean. Fast check in and check our process, receptionists are helpfull and friendly. Typical breakfast, try their hot sandwiches during the day while drinking your beer(s)

• 4 of 5 bubbles
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear myserdar

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We were pleased to hear that you found the Hotel to be in a convenient location for the Exhibition Centre and that the staff and service was friendly and helpful. We're also glad you enjoyed the hot sandwiches with your beer (s).

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel is easy to find and has amble car parking. Check in and out was painless, the room was very clean,comfortable and spacious, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent and plentiful, but for some reason the restaurant was closed on the evening I was there. Food was available in the comfortable and relaxing bar area although the choice was limited and I felt it was overpriced.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear JaneDavidUk

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was pleased to note that the staff and service came up to your expections and in all you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable.

With regards to the restaurant being closed, I apologise for this as the only time we would close the restaurant is on a day when the business is very quiet. The restaurant menu is, however, always made available to order from with the dining taking place in the lounge area.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Farnborough.

Kind regards
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed one night recently and didnt use the Restaurant at all.

What I can say is that my room was large, clean and the bed comfortable. There was complimentary tea, coffee and water. Free View TV and both a trouser press and iron. There was also a safe.

Large Car Park to front and rear

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Twineyboy

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We are pleased to hear that you found your room to be clean and comfortable and that in all you had a very pleasant stay.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kind regards
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I spent three nights at this hotel for business, the staff was quite friendly and this was the winning factor that covered up all other probelms. The breakfast selection was limited, service poor and undersatffed. In general for the price that we paid, everything was below just average.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear patricia l

Thank you for your review of our hotel as feedback of all kinds is incredibly important as we constantly strive to improve.

The positive gives us an opportunity to praise the team and the room to improve areas give us clear direction from a customer's point of view. All your feedback has been taken on board and will be discussed with the relevant departments so that situations like this can be prevented in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Nick Aristodmou
westmidlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I booked two rooms for me and my partner, the other room for a couple of freinds, we had a meal deal that cost me £80.00 and we waited in total of 45 minutes before our meals came, then after all the wait its was barley warm. we complained but staff were not that keen to rectify the issue so we were very dissatisfied with the food. The next morning we all went for breakfast and that was cold too! i complained and they informed me it would be dealt with but never was. by the time we waited it was 5 minutes to 9:30 and was informed that the buffet was closing at 9:30 so we went without and went to a local cafe. i told staff at the reception but they did not seem to care only to oppologise, to me that was not good enough. i sent an email compaling of my complaint to head office but they never responded,to me i feel that is total inept. next time in Farnborough i will stay at the premier inn were the food is better hot! and customer satisfaction

Room Tip: go to a premier inn!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear claire v

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor.

We are dreadfully sorry for the problems you encountered and are extremely disappointed to read your review as this not typical of our normal high standards. As TripAdvisor does not provide us with your full name, I am unable to investigate whether or not your previous email to Head Office has been followed up and I would genuinely appreciate you contacting me directly so that I can obtain further information to investigate this matter fully.

nick.aristodemou@ihg.com
Cardano al Campo, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here for 2 days, but i am expecting more then often I will be in this Hotel. I found it quite good. It has an excellent service, very warm and nice with the guests. The breakfast was excellent, perfect english breakfast. They people working at this hotel are excellent and I would rate them 10 on 10, due their warm and very caring behaviors. It just made it special. The Staff at the Reception and the ones who were there in restaurant are very friendly and helpful. The only complain i had and i also mentioned that in their feedback, was the Bar in the Room. It was empty ! Rest the rooms are nice and comfy and place is safe. I recommend this one.

Dear Sid2422

Thank you very much for the time taken to review us on TripAdvisor.

The team and I were so pleased that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful as it's something our staff takes great pride in. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our Reception and Restaurant teams as well as the Kitchen team for their excellent breakfast.

The mini bars in the standard rooms are usually left empty as most guests do not wish to utilise this service, but for any future stays, please request this to be filled from Reception and we would be more than happy to oblige.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel
Premier Inn Farnborough Town Centre
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham

Been to Holiday Inn Farnborough? Share your experiences!