“Very Short Break”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Farnborough
Essex
“Very Short Break”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed one night recently and didnt use the Restaurant at all.

What I can say is that my room was large, clean and the bed comfortable. There was complimentary tea, coffee and water. Free View TV and both a trouser press and iron. There was also a safe.

Large Car Park to front and rear

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Twineyboy

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We are pleased to hear that you found your room to be clean and comfortable and that in all you had a very pleasant stay.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Athens, Greece
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I spent three nights at this hotel for business, the staff was quite friendly and this was the winning factor that covered up all other probelms. The breakfast selection was limited, service poor and undersatffed. In general for the price that we paid, everything was below just average.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear patricia l

Thank you for your review of our hotel as feedback of all kinds is incredibly important as we constantly strive to improve.

The positive gives us an opportunity to praise the team and the room to improve areas give us clear direction from a customer's point of view. All your feedback has been taken on board and will be discussed with the relevant departments so that situations like this can be prevented in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Nick Aristodmou
westmidlands
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I booked two rooms for me and my partner, the other room for a couple of freinds, we had a meal deal that cost me £80.00 and we waited in total of 45 minutes before our meals came, then after all the wait its was barley warm. we complained but staff were not that keen to rectify the issue so we were very dissatisfied with the food. The next morning we all went for breakfast and that was cold too! i complained and they informed me it would be dealt with but never was. by the time we waited it was 5 minutes to 9:30 and was informed that the buffet was closing at 9:30 so we went without and went to a local cafe. i told staff at the reception but they did not seem to care only to oppologise, to me that was not good enough. i sent an email compaling of my complaint to head office but they never responded,to me i feel that is total inept. next time in Farnborough i will stay at the premier inn were the food is better hot! and customer satisfaction

Room Tip: go to a premier inn!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear claire v

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor.

We are dreadfully sorry for the problems you encountered and are extremely disappointed to read your review as this not typical of our normal high standards. As TripAdvisor does not provide us with your full name, I am unable to investigate whether or not your previous email to Head Office has been followed up and I would genuinely appreciate you contacting me directly so that I can obtain further information to investigate this matter fully.

nick.aristodemou@ihg.com
Cardano al Campo, Italy
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here for 2 days, but i am expecting more then often I will be in this Hotel. I found it quite good. It has an excellent service, very warm and nice with the guests. The breakfast was excellent, perfect english breakfast. They people working at this hotel are excellent and I would rate them 10 on 10, due their warm and very caring behaviors. It just made it special. The Staff at the Reception and the ones who were there in restaurant are very friendly and helpful. The only complain i had and i also mentioned that in their feedback, was the Bar in the Room. It was empty ! Rest the rooms are nice and comfy and place is safe. I recommend this one.

Dear Sid2422

Thank you very much for the time taken to review us on TripAdvisor.

The team and I were so pleased that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful as it's something our staff takes great pride in. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our Reception and Restaurant teams as well as the Kitchen team for their excellent breakfast.

The mini bars in the standard rooms are usually left empty as most guests do not wish to utilise this service, but for any future stays, please request this to be filled from Reception and we would be more than happy to oblige.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Had three nights here, whilst attending a conference at the nearby FIVE centre. Price for the Monday night was £190 bed and breakfast, rising to a WHOPPING £215 for the Tuesday and Wednesday. Now, there was a HUGE exhibition on, but come on, over £200 a night for what is a standard (if a little tired) Holiday Inn ?

An additional £10 a day for internet access, for gold and Platinum IHG members too ?

Breakfast was fair, no yoghurts as advertised, but a reasonable selection of hot and cold, and evening bar food was overpriced, £15.00 for a beer and a (good) burger ? Had a Nepalese curry down the road for less the following night.

Nah, whilst a slight increase in prices might be understandable, this was over the top.

Dear jetsettel

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with this.

Firstly, I would like to apologise that you didn't feel your stay with us was value for money due to the rates charged over the Tuesday and Wednesday nights when visiting an event at FIVE. We, like the airlines, work on a yield management system which is demand based pricing and the prices for that week were comparable with those in the Farnborough area. We have, however, relayed your feedback to the relevant parties and I hope this will not discourage you from staying with us again in the future.

Should you wish to discuss any of the points raised directly with me offline, please feel free to email me directly and I will be happy to discuss further.

nick.aristodemou@ihg.com
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business. Always try and stay at IHG when I can but first time at this hotel. Amazed at how quiet the hotel was given that is on a main road. Friendly staff throughout. Decent size rooms. Excellent breakfast. Didnt have dinner so cant comment.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear GA1504

Thank you for the time taken to review us on TripAdvisor.

I was glad to read that as a frequent guest to IHG hotels, you had a nice stay with us at the Holiday Inn Farnborough and found the location of the hotel to be quiet and the staff to be friendly. I will share your comments with the rest of my team as your comments are something they can be incredibly proud of and especially the kitchen breakfast team as you mentioned the breakfast was 'Excellent'.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Ochiltree
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have stayed here on and off most week from October 2012 through to Feb 2013.

I liked the ease of access, large rooms, friendly staff, great breakfast so I decided to stay and did not move to an alternative in the area. One good tip is to join the Priority club and leave your room preference for future bookings ie., find a good room & the hotel will try & book you in that room in future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floors
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Laurel_265

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially that you found the staff to be friendly. Reviews on TripAdvisor are not only helpful for future travellers deciding where to stay, but also a great way for our staff to be recognised for the great service they provide.

Thank you also for mentioning one of the many reasons for joining our Priority Club Rewards scheme.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel
Premier Inn Farnborough Town Centre
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham

Been to Holiday Inn Farnborough? Share your experiences!