“Just what I expected”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Farnborough
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Just what I expected”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business. Always try and stay at IHG when I can but first time at this hotel. Amazed at how quiet the hotel was given that is on a main road. Friendly staff throughout. Decent size rooms. Excellent breakfast. Didnt have dinner so cant comment.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear GA1504

Thank you for the time taken to review us on TripAdvisor.

I was glad to read that as a frequent guest to IHG hotels, you had a nice stay with us at the Holiday Inn Farnborough and found the location of the hotel to be quiet and the staff to be friendly. I will share your comments with the rest of my team as your comments are something they can be incredibly proud of and especially the kitchen breakfast team as you mentioned the breakfast was 'Excellent'.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Ochiltree
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have stayed here on and off most week from October 2012 through to Feb 2013.

I liked the ease of access, large rooms, friendly staff, great breakfast so I decided to stay and did not move to an alternative in the area. One good tip is to join the Priority club and leave your room preference for future bookings ie., find a good room & the hotel will try & book you in that room in future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floors
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Laurel_265

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially that you found the staff to be friendly. Reviews on TripAdvisor are not only helpful for future travellers deciding where to stay, but also a great way for our staff to be recognised for the great service they provide.

Thank you also for mentioning one of the many reasons for joining our Priority Club Rewards scheme.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Good Hotel, place on the main road. The hotel is quiet and clean.
The food in the Hotel was great, in the dining room in the breakfast, and from the Room Service. The service was quick and the food good and tasty.
The bathroom are simple, with bad design. The water arriving to the floor and the bath placed a little bit high and it not comfortable go out.

1 Thank Ofer777
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Ofer777

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Farnborough.

Feedback of all kinds is incredibly important to us as the positive gives us an opportunity to praise the team and the room to improve gives a clear direction from a customer's point of view.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

My four night stay was amazing. From the comfort and cleanliness of the room, to the friendliness of the staff. I enjoyed the menu so much I ate most of my meals in the hotel. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have seen in Europe. I would highly reccomend this hotel, especially for the rates that they charge. Well done Holiday Inn Farnborough.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Scott M

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. Your review is definitely one we are all proud of at the hotel.

These reviews are not only helpful for future travellers, but also a great way for our team to be recognised for the great service they provide. I would also like to thank you for pointing out that our breakfast was one of the best you have seen in Europe.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights 23rd and 24th January 2013. All the staff that I spoke with were very friendly and helpful, reception, restaurant, bar and spa. The hotel itself is smartly decorated in the Reception, bar an restaurant. It has a beautiful large stained glass window as you go up the impressive staircase although the noise of the kitchen extractor fans on the other side distract you from it. My room was comfortable and warm and had all the facilities I expected. If I was to be critical I think the bathroom could have been slightly better, grouting was discoloured, basin tap was loose and shower curtain looked as though it should have been white. The floorboards in my room creaked something terrible and I felt sorry for the people below. Breakfast was excellent but dinner a little disappointing. As I was stopping on business I didn't have to pick up the tab but I don't think it was particularly good value for money. All in all it was OK but really should have been better.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Hillma

Thank you for the time taken to review us on TripAdvisor as feedback of all kinds is incredibly important as we constantly strive to improve.

Your comments with regards to the bathroom and dinner will be fed back to the relevant departments for them to action immediately so that we can avoid another guest experiencing the same in the future. I was however, glad to read that overall you had a good stay with us and our staff and service came up to your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bristol
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Arrived for a late check in and received a warm and efficient welcome. The room was on the top floor but didn't seem to have a lift but need the exercise, it was clean and tidy as expected. The bar area was nice and relaxing and severed a nice pint, it was also very busy but again service was fast and efficient.

However after finishing working in my room around 12:00 I turned in but couldn't get to sleep due to what seemed an emersion tank filling up continually and the whirr of fans either air-con or refrigerator!!! got to sleep about 4am not good.

Complained to reception on check out which the guy seem genuinely concerned and offered me 2000 Priority points !! worth complaining although I felt terrible all day...

Room Tip: Booked through Expotel our companies booking service and got the room B&B for £95 advertised at...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Ticker1962,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am so glad you liked the service you received during your stay. Your comments encourages our team members to work ever harder and continually delight our guest. I would like to apologize for the experience you had with your room accommodations which affected your stay negatively. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done. Thank you for staying with us.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I booked to stay here for 2 weeks whilst on a course at the college, but ended up cancelling the second week due to being very disappointed. The rooms are quite basic with hard beds and where freezing cold especially in the tiled bathroom. Due to single glazing, even the air conditioning didn't heat the room sufficiently.
The bar food was inconsistent with some dishes being value for money and some a complete rip off (£13 for a chicken breast, 6 little potatoes and a side salad!). A small glass of merlot is over £6 and a mid size over £9. On the plus side, the hotel staff are friendly and breakfast is pretty good apart from the coffee.
Unfortunately this is the best of a bad deal as the area is very unappealing and has no decent hotels or restaurants. You're better of staying in Guildford and commuting!

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Rupert Y

Thank you for the time taken to review us on Tripadvisor.

I was sorry to read that your stay with us was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the temperature in your room and I can assure you that I will look into the points raised with my team. We will also feed back to our Head Office you comments with regards to the bar and restaurant prices and look into the possibility of discount options.

I do hope that overall the staff and service lived up to your expectations as I was pleased to read that you found our staff to be friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel
Premier Inn Farnborough Town Centre
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham

Been to Holiday Inn Farnborough? Share your experiences!