“Nice Surprise”

Holiday Inn Farnborough
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

My four night stay was amazing. From the comfort and cleanliness of the room, to the friendliness of the staff. I enjoyed the menu so much I ate most of my meals in the hotel. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have seen in Europe. I would highly reccomend this hotel, especially for the rates that they charge. Well done Holiday Inn Farnborough.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Scott M

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. Your review is definitely one we are all proud of at the hotel.

These reviews are not only helpful for future travellers, but also a great way for our team to be recognised for the great service they provide. I would also like to thank you for pointing out that our breakfast was one of the best you have seen in Europe.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights 23rd and 24th January 2013. All the staff that I spoke with were very friendly and helpful, reception, restaurant, bar and spa. The hotel itself is smartly decorated in the Reception, bar an restaurant. It has a beautiful large stained glass window as you go up the impressive staircase although the noise of the kitchen extractor fans on the other side distract you from it. My room was comfortable and warm and had all the facilities I expected. If I was to be critical I think the bathroom could have been slightly better, grouting was discoloured, basin tap was loose and shower curtain looked as though it should have been white. The floorboards in my room creaked something terrible and I felt sorry for the people below. Breakfast was excellent but dinner a little disappointing. As I was stopping on business I didn't have to pick up the tab but I don't think it was particularly good value for money. All in all it was OK but really should have been better.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Hillma

Thank you for the time taken to review us on TripAdvisor as feedback of all kinds is incredibly important as we constantly strive to improve.

Your comments with regards to the bathroom and dinner will be fed back to the relevant departments for them to action immediately so that we can avoid another guest experiencing the same in the future. I was however, glad to read that overall you had a good stay with us and our staff and service came up to your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bristol
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Arrived for a late check in and received a warm and efficient welcome. The room was on the top floor but didn't seem to have a lift but need the exercise, it was clean and tidy as expected. The bar area was nice and relaxing and severed a nice pint, it was also very busy but again service was fast and efficient.

However after finishing working in my room around 12:00 I turned in but couldn't get to sleep due to what seemed an emersion tank filling up continually and the whirr of fans either air-con or refrigerator!!! got to sleep about 4am not good.

Complained to reception on check out which the guy seem genuinely concerned and offered me 2000 Priority points !! worth complaining although I felt terrible all day...

Room Tip: Booked through Expotel our companies booking service and got the room B&B for £95 advertised at...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Ticker1962,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am so glad you liked the service you received during your stay. Your comments encourages our team members to work ever harder and continually delight our guest. I would like to apologize for the experience you had with your room accommodations which affected your stay negatively. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done. Thank you for staying with us.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I booked to stay here for 2 weeks whilst on a course at the college, but ended up cancelling the second week due to being very disappointed. The rooms are quite basic with hard beds and where freezing cold especially in the tiled bathroom. Due to single glazing, even the air conditioning didn't heat the room sufficiently.
The bar food was inconsistent with some dishes being value for money and some a complete rip off (£13 for a chicken breast, 6 little potatoes and a side salad!). A small glass of merlot is over £6 and a mid size over £9. On the plus side, the hotel staff are friendly and breakfast is pretty good apart from the coffee.
Unfortunately this is the best of a bad deal as the area is very unappealing and has no decent hotels or restaurants. You're better of staying in Guildford and commuting!

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Rupert Y

Thank you for the time taken to review us on Tripadvisor.

I was sorry to read that your stay with us was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the temperature in your room and I can assure you that I will look into the points raised with my team. We will also feed back to our Head Office you comments with regards to the bar and restaurant prices and look into the possibility of discount options.

I do hope that overall the staff and service lived up to your expectations as I was pleased to read that you found our staff to be friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Wirral
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on the 4th December 2012, room good and clean, good gym, pool and sauna but left my swimming shorts on the towel radiator and headed home. Called the hotel that night whilst travelling home to request them to post to my home address. Was assurred by the Hotel Duty Manger that they would be sent on to me, 6 weeks later I called the hotel and they said that they posted them out to me but what a surprise they didnt arrive. This was one of 4 calls over the last 6 weeks all assuring me that they were looking into it but today they decided to tell me that they were sent. They told me that they had sent my pyjama bottoms ? to my home address. Beware do not leave anything of any value at this hotel as you will most likely not get it back like me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr AndyAWirral

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. Feedback of all kinds is incredibly important to us as we strive to constantly improve.

I am sorry for the confusion surrounding your missing item of clothing and apologise for the delay in getting this sorted. I will investigate this further with my team so that we can prevent incidents such as these in the future.

I do hope that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The staff were very hospitable and friendly. The food was good. Room was clean and warm. The facilities are very good and clean (dry sauna, jacuzzi, steam roomand swimming pool). There is also a gym, but we did not visit. Absolutely fantastic stay.Many thanks for the staff!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Barbara B

Your review "Excellent" was great. It is very important to us to hear from our customers once they have stayed and reviews like yours really help future travellers chose where to stay.

It is also a great way for our staff to be recognised for the great service they provide and your comments that the staff were very hospitable and friendly is something they can be proud of.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2013

First the summary: Overall the hotel is very good but with a little more attention to service it could be excellent.

I've stayed here on business a few times and did so in December 2012. Check in was quick and simple although for Holiday Inn members the club check in was not set up (the sign was proped up against the wall). However not a problem as only one person checking out in front of me. I had stayed at the Holiday Inn in Westchase in Houston a few weeks before and club members have their own check in and given a welcome bag (water, wine, fruit etc) on arrival. Never had that here or any other HI in the UK.

The front of the building is old and full of character but most of the rooms are at the back in a 70's built annex. I made may way up to the room but it was situated right outside the entrance to the annex (bit noisey) so I asked for a move which the check in staff did immediately - that was great. The rooms are clean and have everything you need. A lick of paint here and there wouldn't go amiss particuarly in the corridor between the staircase and annex. Its a bit bare and lacks a bit of warmth.

We needed a room for a quick meeting and the staff again responded to our request quickly and charged a only modest cost which we appreciated.

We ate in the restaurant at night and the choice was good - as was breakfast. The service was a bit slow here mainly due to a couple of large tables and the wine didn't arrive with the meal. When it did 30 minutes later the manager gave us the bottle complimentary which was good PR.

I didn;t use the health facilities so can't comment on this part.

Overall I would recommend it for a couple of nights on business or a flight stop over no problem at all. I would say a bit pricey tho at £129 based on the comparison with Houston HI.

Room Tip: Dont have room 300 at the entrance to the annexe.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear custardcannon

Thank you for the time taken to review us on Tripadvisor. Feedback of all kinds is incredibly important to us as we strive to constantly improve.

The positive gives us an opportunity to praise the team and the room to improve areas give us a clear direction from a customer's point of view.

All your feedback has been taken on board and I will look into the points raised with my teams to see where, if possible, we can improve. I was, however, pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff and service came up to your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel
Falcon Hotel
Falcon Hotel
#7 of 7 in Farnborough

Been to Holiday Inn Farnborough? Share your experiences!