“Excellent”

Holiday Inn Farnborough
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The staff were very hospitable and friendly. The food was good. Room was clean and warm. The facilities are very good and clean (dry sauna, jacuzzi, steam roomand swimming pool). There is also a gym, but we did not visit. Absolutely fantastic stay.Many thanks for the staff!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Barbara B

Your review "Excellent" was great. It is very important to us to hear from our customers once they have stayed and reviews like yours really help future travellers chose where to stay.

It is also a great way for our staff to be recognised for the great service they provide and your comments that the staff were very hospitable and friendly is something they can be proud of.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

First the summary: Overall the hotel is very good but with a little more attention to service it could be excellent.

I've stayed here on business a few times and did so in December 2012. Check in was quick and simple although for Holiday Inn members the club check in was not set up (the sign was proped up against the wall). However not a problem as only one person checking out in front of me. I had stayed at the Holiday Inn in Westchase in Houston a few weeks before and club members have their own check in and given a welcome bag (water, wine, fruit etc) on arrival. Never had that here or any other HI in the UK.

The front of the building is old and full of character but most of the rooms are at the back in a 70's built annex. I made may way up to the room but it was situated right outside the entrance to the annex (bit noisey) so I asked for a move which the check in staff did immediately - that was great. The rooms are clean and have everything you need. A lick of paint here and there wouldn't go amiss particuarly in the corridor between the staircase and annex. Its a bit bare and lacks a bit of warmth.

We needed a room for a quick meeting and the staff again responded to our request quickly and charged a only modest cost which we appreciated.

We ate in the restaurant at night and the choice was good - as was breakfast. The service was a bit slow here mainly due to a couple of large tables and the wine didn't arrive with the meal. When it did 30 minutes later the manager gave us the bottle complimentary which was good PR.

I didn;t use the health facilities so can't comment on this part.

Overall I would recommend it for a couple of nights on business or a flight stop over no problem at all. I would say a bit pricey tho at £129 based on the comparison with Houston HI.

Room Tip: Dont have room 300 at the entrance to the annexe.

Dear custardcannon

Thank you for the time taken to review us on Tripadvisor. Feedback of all kinds is incredibly important to us as we strive to constantly improve.

The positive gives us an opportunity to praise the team and the room to improve areas give us a clear direction from a customer's point of view.

All your feedback has been taken on board and I will look into the points raised with my teams to see where, if possible, we can improve. I was, however, pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff and service came up to your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

A stop over prior to a flight from Heathrow, in this respect well located. Typical Holiday inn nothing special, the first room 235 had some mechanical noise cutting in every 5 minutes or so. Asked for a room change which was well handled and given an upgrade for inconvenience. Did not use any of the facilities. Good value for £68.

Dear AnthonyPit

Thank you for your review following your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Farnborough. I was sorry to read that you had problems with room 235 and I will look into this noise issue further with my team.

I was however, glad to hear that the room change was handled swiftly and promtly by the team and that the upgraded room was to your satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Nice room but they seem to turn of the airco in the wee hours so it got a bit over warm and we had to open the window, which on most nights would be fine except that there Was a thunder storm which was a tad loud. All the staff were happy even if working the xmas shift. Food was good in the bar.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear ChrisTubbs

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. All kinds of feedback is important to us as we strive to constantly impove.

I was glad to read that overall you had a good time and our staff and service lived up to your expectations. I have noted your comments with regards to the temperature in your room and will discuss this with my team to avoid another guest experiencing th same in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed here in early December 2012.

Decent hotel for a HI which can on occassions be all brand and little more. The Hotel is clean and well presented. It's location is a bit tricky however and my sat nav took me to a residential street away from the hotel.

The rooms are well apportioned although it was freezing when I stayed and they hadn't turned up the heating throughout the Hotel common areas at the time.

Dinner in the bar was much better value than the restaurant.

Dear JMM5AM

Thank you for the time taken to review us on Tripadvisor. All kinds of feedback is incredibly important to us as well as being very helpful for future travellers.

Your feedback with regards to the the heating has been taken on board and I can assure you that I will look into the points raised with the team to ensure that this issue do not arise again.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is the third year we have organised our Christmas party here and stayed in the hotel and we always have a great time. The hotel itself is clean, very good value for money and the staff very friendly. There Christmas party is well organised, though the menu is limited the food is good and hot which is difficult to achieve when catering for large numbers.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear j0j068

Thank you for your recent review following your Chrismas party and stay with us at the Holiday Inn Farnborough.

I was pleased to hear that you had a fabulous time and the evening lived up to your expectations. I will share your comments with the rest of my team and I look forward to welcoming you to your fourth Christmas Party with us in December 2013.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed here for business for a couple of nights.

Checked in in the afternoon, Friendly staff, but the check-in a bit slow. Got a room in the second floor, no elevator, so needed to take my luggage to the room using the stairs.

Room rather small, with a bathroom almost the size of the room itself. The room was a bit tired, but clean. There was a portable heater in the room, but even with the lower setting the room got too warm, and turning it off in the night meant the room was cold in the morning (there was some draft from the windows).

The lobby bar was nice, had too dinners there. Food ok, but the lasagna I had must have been the tiniest portion I've ever seen. Maybe they see themselves as Gourmet. The service at the restaurant was really inconsistent - the first evening totally inattentive, really long waiting times for the second drink and bill. The second evening, different waiter - excellent.

Breakfast was good.

Would I recommend the hotel - probably not. Will check my options on my next visit to Farnborough.

Dear aapeen

Thank you for the time taken to review us on Tripadvisor. Feedback of all kinds is incredibly important to us as we strive constantly to improve. The positive gives us an opportunity to paise the team and room to improve areas give us clear direction from a customer's points of view.

Your feedback with regards to the the heating, service on the first night and the portion size of your meal has been taken on board and I can assure you that I will look into the points raised with the team to ensure where possible these issues do not arise again.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to restore your faith in us. Please feel free to contact me directly on nick.aristodemou@ihg.com with your full name, should you need any assistance in the future.

Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator
Premier Inn Farnborough Town Centre
Travelodge Farnborough Central
Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Farnborough? Share your experiences!