“Sorry but I did not particularly enjoy the food”
Review of Gurkha Palace

Gurkha Palace
Ranked #5 of 99 Restaurants in Farnborough
Cuisines: Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I went to this restaurant given so many positive reviews and so was probably expecting a lot. The ambience is OK down stairs but a bit dated upstairs where I was seated. The orders were taken fairly quickly and the food too arrived in good time but I have to be honest in saying that it was OK food and nothing out-of-the-world.
Expected a bit more I suppose. The service was great though.
I personally may not go there again. But that's just me.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I regularly eat at this restaurant both with friends and as a couple. The service is great and the set menu is very good value. I have never had a bad meal here and would highly recommend it as a great place to go for a relaxed meal

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I love the food from this place, it is so good that I took friends that had flown in from Madrid for NYE to the palace.
We spent three hours in the restaurant, despite being placed next to farnborough's TOWIE wannabe's I still enjoyed every minute.

The Sunday buffet is worth every penny as well.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I don't ussually comment on trip advisor but having been to the Gurka palace quite often I feel that I can give a fair review.
The location isnt ideal , opposite the air field .However staff are very friendly and helpfull so i feel this more than makes up for location.
Good selection of Nepalese food, with a helpfull description of each dish that are well priced. I would reccomend Kathmandu Kukura (Kathmandu chicken) as a creamy mild dish and I add the saag panere (fried cheese and spinich) for a spicy extra.

1  Thank shar605
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Quite shocked at the curry i received via a takeaway - we ordered the equivalent to korma and received a box filled with what i can only describe as warm sour yoghurt with hard meat, no spices or anything!! Might as well as have spaffed into a box and charged me £6.00 for the pleasure.

2  Thank Smokinbeatz