“Great in the winter!”

Travelodge Farnborough Central
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
“Great in the winter!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This travelodge, as with many others I've stayed in is very good value. It's clean, well positioned and comfortable. The staff were well mannered and happy to help. I had booked a twin room and was upgraded to a family room as they weren't busy. The only problem with this (and other travelodge's) is there is not air con at all! When I stayed, it was a very hot day and night and as my room was on the 3rd floor, the window only opens a crack so I didn't get a great nights sleep. It wasn't only the room that was hot, all the corridors and the lifts were boiling hot.

As I was leaving early in the morning the staff were kind enough to get the breakfast stuff out for me so I could have coffee and toast before I left.

Overall a great stay, just wished it was cooler!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Travelodge was clean and well presented, the staff were welcoming and the onsite food was good. I would stay again, but would ask for a room at the back of the hotel to avoid the revellers at kicking out time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I wrote a review soon after staying here, but for reasons unknown to me it seems to have been removed - perhaps the truth hurt a little too much maybe? So I will try again because you need to know this. I hope I'm not contravening any review guidelines.

The room was dreadful and dirty; grubby black marks all over the walls, frayed and stained carpet, dried food smeared all over the menu and a filthy stained cover on the sofa bed, it was disgusting. There wasn't even a set of curtains against the window. I asked at reception if all the rooms were of this standard and was told "yes".

The food in the cafe bar was all microwaved (even the coleslaw was warmed) and poor quality so I left most of it. I decided not to bother with breakfast so went next door to the pub for my porridge (the Travelodge staff didn't know what porridge was).

I did try to find somewhere else for the night nearby but failed to do so as it was quite late when I arrived.

The only saving grace for this place was the staff, very friendly and pleasant.

I would never stay here again, and always try to avoid work booking me into Travelodges from now on.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank seapirate
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Farnborough Central, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for your review seapirate. We are very sorry to learn that you were unhappy with your stay. We require our staff to follow a strict routine in the cleaning of our rooms and we would expect them to be cleaned and maintained to our high standards. We can happily confirm however that the hotel has since been refitted and we are working hard to make sure that we can provide the same high standards in all of our properties. Furthermore, the food we offer in our bar cafes is also standardised across all our hotels and our staff are trained in how to prepare and present it so it is regrettable to learn that the food did not meet with your expectations. We are sorry for the experience you had with us and would like to investigate the concerns that you have raised. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We use this hotel when visiting family and we always feel that we get good value for money. Rooms are basic but comfortable and clean. Staff is friendly and helpful, and the breakfast buffet sufficient - two kids eat free per one paying adult which is extremely good value. No soap in the bathroom, but actually not an issue with the low cost of the room. Parking is a real pain and takes planning so make sure you ask staff when checking in as very often they don't think about mentioning it to you. Rooms to the street can be noisy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Addlestone, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Checked in for a night in Farnborough Central for a party bus clubbing night up in London, hotel booked with multiple rooms as a group, the chain did very well to accommodate us all close to each other. The room was clean, bed was comfy. The only problem we had was with the shower, which would not spray water out properly, but after a bit of fiddling around with the nozzle it worked perfectly fine afterwards.

Would recommend this hotel to stay at!

Room Tip: Rooms on the road side are louder due to the hotel facing one of Farnborough's main road, ask fo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I was a little apprehensive when I booked this hotel but it was perfect walking distance from where my daughter lives. I was very pleasently surprised with the accomodation for the price I was paying. The beds are really nice and so are the pillows.. very comfortable. The room was cleaned everyday. The staff was very nice and very friendly. I didn't have a problem with noise as my room was at the back.. not a great view but again, for the price, it was great! Thank you to the staff for making me feel welcome!! Thank you so much for a very nice stay!!! Very helpful staff!!!

Room Tip: I stayed at the quieter side, not the road side.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I am surprised the hotel has not own car park but with £ 5.20 24 hr car park is back of hotel which is great and the staff were always eager to help . He even carry my bag upto my room. Breakfast was fine with that money . Why people expect more by paying little . They said this was new bed which was far more comfortable than I slept before . Thanks your great company Travelodge farnborough , hope to see you soon :)

Room Tip: Choose rooms at top if possible .
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel
Travelodge Aldershot Hotel
Falcon Hotel
Falcon Hotel
#7 of 7 in Farnborough

Been to Travelodge Farnborough Central? Share your experiences!