“Good food and service”
Review of Zaffron Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Zaffron Indian Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Zaffron welcomes you to a modern restaurant offering the highest quality in Indian cuisine.the rich and ceramy,spiecy and aromatic,the subtle and delicate.We offer the culinary delights of India.Our menu reflects the many diverse ergions of India with dishes from Nepal too.From the foothills of Himalays in the north of India to the major spice growing areas of Tamil Nadu in the south ,We offer a varied menu of Mild,medium and hot dishes. if you need any help in choosing a dish, our experienced staff are only too willing to oblige.
Wallingford, United Kingdom
“Good food and service”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I like this place. Better quality food that the usual MSG filled, grease ridden curry house.
The menu containing the "classics" as well as some very good speciality dishes.
The service is brilliant. The owner and staff extremely welcoming. One visit has resulted in several money off deals sent through over email.
Turning into a very good regular.

• Visited November 2012

Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Good but nothing special”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is one of very few formal restaurants of any kind in the modern town centre of Farnborough so I don't suppose it has to try too hard. Considering the strong influence of Nepalese culture in the area, it's almost embarrassed at its Nepalese roots with a largely conventional Indian menu of tikka masalas, bhunas, madras, and vindaloos. There is a smattering of more exotic dishes though for the more discerning palate.

My sheek kebab starter was bland and tepid but the Gurkha chicken mains was excellent with tender chunks of chicken in a dryish sauce that didn't overpower the dish. My mate had the chicken monsourri, a curious concoction with soy sauce that made it very salty; tasty, yes, but too salty. The other friend had lamb achari which came in a mild but rich, smooth sauce. We shared assorted rice, naans, and vegetable sides, all of which were competent but otherwise not noteworthy.

The ambience was good with several larger parties on their Christmas meals adding some colour and converstaion babble. I can imagine that on a quiet night it would resemble the Marie Celeste as it's quite a large restaurant. The downside with large groups is that service for other diners suffers. After being seated we had to wait a long time even to be offered the obligatory poppadoms and chutneys, let alone have our meal order taken, and even longer to be served it. Although our food was good, it was tepid, suggesting a longish wait in the kitchen before being brought out.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad meal, and I'd go back another time (not that there's much choice in the vicinity) but I wouldn't rave about it either.

• Visited December 2012
Farnborough, England, United Kingdom
“mixed everything”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

some of our party loved their food, others really didn't at all....service levels mixed, attention to needs and attentiveness mixed. if you know the staff the levels of service were `much higher....so not a guaranteed good experience. I've been about 4 times in the last few years, and with the exception of the company the food has been disappointing every time

Visited October 2012
1 Thank GabieG
Farnborough
“My favourite restaurant in Farnborough”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Lovely dishes and friendly staff. The owner, Yogi is brilliant and really looks after you. Fantastic Nepalese and traditional Indian dishes. I love the chicken nilgiri although I'm always trying new dishes that are tasty.
Always a preffered choice when friends and family come to visit!

• Visited November 2012
Woking, United Kingdom
“How lucky are we - this is our local!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

In the year we have lived in Farnborough we've been to Zaffrons 4 or 5 times - every one of these visits we have had a delicious meal. The staff and friendly and service is good and the food tasty - they have a few things on their menu that are a little different from the 'standard' indian menu. We have even had a little origami lesson on one of our visits (not indian I know, but interesting all the same!)

Visited October 2012