“Our stay at village hotel farnborough”

Village Hotel Farnborough
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
London, United Kingdom
“Our stay at village hotel farnborough”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and myself have just had a two night stay at this hotel.Its our second time there.The first time we stayed in the Upper Deck and this time in a standard room.The Upper Deck had a few extras such as shower gel,tissues,separate shampoo and conditioner.As much as it was nice we couldn't justify the extra £30 a night.The staff are all friendly we will definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Being leisure club members of our local Village hotel we occasionally make use of other Village hotels when they are convenient to our needs. In August we decided to treat a friend in need and took her away to Farnborough for a weekend, booking 2 Upper Deck rooms having had these before in Swindon. However, Farnborough is not Swindon and the rooms were much smaller without the same style or quality. We arrived on Saturday afternoon and our first challenge was to park, as there was obviously a large wedding party in attendance. This accomplished we made our way in and identified ourselves at reception, making known our status as members. On reaching our room we were surprised to discover that there was no bath, which my wife prefers, only a shower. We had supposed that, having paid for the upgraded quality of "Upper Deck" that would be a given, but apparently not - there are few Upper Deck rooms with baths in Farnborough and they were all taken, as I quickly ascertained with reception. We unpacked and visited the leisure club for a swim before dinner - which was fine, though quite busy with families and children as is only to be expected. With a large wedding party underway we expected dinner to be a little slow but were pleasantly surprised by the service and staff attendance - however, the level of noise in the restaurant both from Musack and other party's conversations (loud to overcome the background music) was indescribable, especially as I wear hearing aids which makes it difficult to converse at the best of times.
Breakfast the following day was the usual self-service, and we managed it before the majority of the wedding party - fortunately!
After a hard day's visiting NT places and the previous night's dinner experience we decided to eat out and found a nice, local Nepalese restaurant only a 5 minute taxi ride away (though the wait for the taxi, booked through reception, was getting on for half an hour!)
Breakfast on the second morning (Monday) was much the same as before, though several things ran out including fruit juice which I saw someone attempt to fill up twice before they gave up and decided that there was no more.
Our significant disappointment came when we checked out and found that we could not obtain our discount, due to club members. Apparently I should have shown my card when charging to my room account. We were later able to get this rectified remotely.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed October 15, 2013

First I got a room on the second floor with a high number and it was extremely noisy from the bathroom ventilation, even with the bathroom door closed, and the air-condition sounded like an old refrigerator, even if I turned it off. Since there was an extreme suction of air in the bathroom the vent was totally clogged up with dust that had started to mould due to the moist, see picture. The shower temperature controller and the iPhone dock was broken and the drain in the sink was clogged. That was however was cleaned, but the noise forced me to change room anyway. I then got a room on the fourth floor with a low number, and the vent in the bathroom was quiet, and the air-condition was quiet when turned off. However the hotel's main air-condition is placed on the roof so the room vibrates and it sounds like there is and engine running somewhere close by (and most likely it is).
The staff is very friendly and service minded, the food in the restaurant is good and it's nice with a pub and a Starbucks in-house, but I am sorry to say that it doesn't help at all when you can't sleep due to the "infra noise".

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Farnborough hotels

Bilston
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at other village hotels, so are a bit disappointed with this one. Stayed Sat 12th October. First room given had been used by a smoker so changed to another. Stayed on upper deck. Disappointing room design in 428. Room was on the small side. Coffee/tea making tray was on a small table but no adjacent socket, so pointless location. Not enough hangers spaces for towels after use. WC door faulty keeps swinging open unless you lock it shut. Toilet tissue holder too close to WC seat. Bed a bit small for two to share.
Breakfast went down 915, queued out. Took 15mins to get a table. Buffet trays squashed into a corner, meaning there is an awkward flow of folk trying to serve themselves. No glasses for juice were available when we went up.

• Stayed October 2013
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I usually stay up the road in the Aviator but due to lateness of my booking had to stay here and I was on the whole disappointed.

Checking in was a bit fraught as they couldn’t find the reservation initially, the pub was quite noisy and boisterous and after a long day traveling all I wanted to do was get to my room. The room wasn’t particularly clean or well-appointed for the cost and the sheets made me feel a little ‘icky’ getting into them.

In conclusion, although not a total disaster I just didn’t leave with particularly fond memories and will be trying somewhere else locally when I next visit the UK

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Stafford
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We booked a night here whilst visiting relatives. I didn't like it at all. Very dark and dismal. Room wasn't spotlessly clean - we stayed in the more expensive top deck. Very poor for the price. We didn't book breakfast - thank goodness. When we checked out there was a queue of at least 20 people waiting at the dining area to be seated. I'd have been furious about that. I didn't like the casual way the staff were dressed. No way of knowing who was who. The foreign girl on reception was far too chatty for us, even intrusive, asking why we were visiting, where we were from, how long are we here for...it just went on and on......it wasn't necessary. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The hotel is nice for business stay especially if one is going to visit the companies nearby. The hotel is clean. The room are somewhat large. The lobby is welcoming. It is a little pricier. Breakfast was good but not exceptional.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th floor