“Excellent food”

Ranked #2 of 98 Restaurants in Farnborough
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Probably the best quality food in farnborough. The service and the atmosphere are average, letting this restaurant down a bit and the drinks prices are very high.

There are newer reviews for Malacca

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Excellent food and very good service. I have been twice and not disappointed on either occasion. 1st time was dinner for 3, second time it was for a team dinner with approx 10 of us.
The set menu is very generous portions and the staff are happy to accommodate changes to the plan to suit picky tastes.

1  Thank randallfish
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Went there recently due to the reviews on this site. We ordered sugar cane pork/lettuce wraps for start, and then duck/pad thai/cabbage and fish for mains. The food was lovely, but the ambiance in the restaurant and the size of the portions ruined it a bit for me (I would have also like to have seen a more comprehensive menu). The wine list was also limited and the wine on offer wasn't great and stil priced quite high. In general, if I lived in the area I would go again, but I wouldn't travel to go there.

2  Thank kiasusee
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I wanted to take my father out somewhere for a birthday dinner, and searched TripAdvisor. I remember this building, as I used to go to the secondary school directly opposite a hundred years ago!

First impressions were could: clean and well-maintained outside and in with a bright and decorated interior.

Service was good, food lovely, drinks cold or room temperature as required! For a Wednesday evening it was busy without being crowded and there was a lovely atmosphere. We were very impressed, and pleased to add this restaurant to our repertoire!

1  Thank Valiant2
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Malacca is a very special place I use for very special occasions. The food is out of this world. The menu is so good it is easy to order too much. I personally go for the Platter starter followed by the Crispy Duck, then I try something different each time I go, and have never been disappointed.

3  Thank Ian J