“Need a lesson in customer service”
Review of Aviator Brasserie

Aviator Brasserie
Ranked #3 of 99 Restaurants in Farnborough
Cuisines: French, Italian, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Created by TAG group in 2008, Aviator is one of the most striking design hotels of recent times, its innate style binding the timeless glamour of aviation with seductive interiors and ultimate comfort.The elegant Brasserie is home to classic seasonal cuisine, inspired by fresh, locally produced foods. Cream leather armchairs, six seater banquettes and light filled spaces create the perfect setting to while away time with family and friends, and in the evening the addition of glowing lanterns lends a more intimate ambience. Within the Brasserie sit two of the hotel’s private dining rooms, exemplifying the allure of the dining experience. Created for special occasions and private meetings, these are the ideal home for a new 5 course Tasting Menu, served accompanied by paired wines selected by Philippe Larue of l'Art du Vin.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I visited this hotel in 2011 for lunch and absolutely loved it. However I have since been back twice in 2013 and it has been shocking each time. This is mainly due to the service - I can forgive it once - but for bad service on 2 occasions is shocking.
It felt like my partner and I were interupting their conversations constantly. We also had to ask 3 times for someone to come over and take our order. When our food did arrive - we were given stale bread. Not some where I would recommend or return in a hurry. It is such a shame as it would be so nice to sit and watch the airfield with a glass of wine....

1  Thank SSOLF M

Reviewed August 10, 2013

As three of the members of our family have birthdays within a few days of each other we decided to try the Brasserie restaurant in the Aviator. My daughter and I went along for a lunch a couple of weeks before to try out the cuisine. This was a great success, so we decided to book for the seven of us.

We started with drinks in the Sky bar and then proceeded to the restaurant. I was really surprised when I logged on to tripadvisor to recount our evening there, as the first few comments were so negative. We, on the other hand, all had a wonderful evening, even though the restaurant was full, the service was good and the food was excellent. We didn't have to wait over long between courses, and I for one am always pleased to have a little wait, as it is better for your first course to go down before attempting the next course. I had the scallops and found no grit in mine they were beautifully cooked and just the right temperature for eating. Everyone ate different thing, so there are too many for me to recount, but no one complained, and believe me we are not easily fobbed off with either poor service or poor food.

I would agree that the meals are quite expensive, our bill came to £600 for the seven of us, but this is on a par with other restaurants we visit regularly, for example two other favourites of ours are Bluebells in Sunningdale and Wheelers in Yateley.

We all decide that we will return at at later date.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We were taken to the restaurant in May 2013 to celebrate a birthday. What a disappointment! After having drinks we were shown to the table but then had to wait half an hour before we got a menu. Both my food and my partner's was cold. I had scallops as a starter (very expensive) and they were full of grit! I didn't send them back as we had been invited there and I didn't want to spoil the evening. At no time during the meal did any of the waiting staff ask whether everthing was OK as is normal in most restaurants. In fact, there was virtually no service at all. My partner's coffee came without sugar. When he asked for some, the waitress said she would 'send for some' - no apology. The birthday cake arrived, but no knife to cut it with. When the knife finally arrived, there were no plates or forks. We ended up having to eat it off napkins! All-in-all, a very miserable experience and no doubt an expensive one for our host. TAG should stick to what they do best - running airports!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just come back from an evening at the Avaitor. Wanted something a little bit special to celebarate a friends birthday. The service was incredibly poor throughout the whole evening. It took around 40 mins from getting to the table to ordering a drink and placing our food orders. The catalogue of poor service continued after that! If you want to celebrate a special occasion this is not the place! Its a little bit more expensive so you expect that bit more. We sadly didnt get the basic level of service that you would get in any restauarant! Avoid!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Beautifully appointed restaurant - quality finish, tastefully decorated however that's about as good as it gets. Meals were well presented yet failed to hit the spot in terms of taste (also expensively priced). The waiter had a giant bandage on his thumb and could not understand our orders or requests (we were all native English speakers) and we were unable to understand him.
Finding the restaurant was very challenging due to sat nav issues but the concierge of the property was incredible. We telephoned him and he stayed on the line and talked us to the very front door. This man should be well compensated!