“Fabulous stay”
Review of Aviator

Aviator
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Had a recent stay at The Aviator booked through an online travel site. Upon arrival our reservation was not on their system but the receptionist resolved the situation swiftly.
Having stayed before we knew what to expect at the hotel; the rooms are large and spacious and comfortably furnished. Free wifi was appreciated and offered a good service.

Hot drink making facilities, biscuits and top notch bathroom toiletries were all welcome and showed the hotel doesn’t skimp on quality. Even better are the free movies on the flat screen TV- we stayed in bed for hours watching different movies. It’s a great idea and perfect for a lazy weekend break.

Breakfast the next morning was excellent. Great cheese (creamy brie) and fresh baked rolls, mini smoked salmon bagels with cream cheese and fabulous fruit and yoghurts. Superb pain au chocolat and croissants as well. They also offered a hot buffet which my partner enjoyed with the usual full English items and plentiful hot drinks and juices. It really was a first class breakfast.

On the Saturday afternoon we enjoyed afternoon tea in the Sky Lounge which was phenomenal. The quality of the sweets surpassed many served in 5 star hotels in London and we have already booked to go back and have tea again. Its highly recommended if you stay. Plus we had a really lovely server who was over from the Netherlands and working in the hotel for 6 months and he made our tea- chatty friendly and very efficient- he was a real treasure.

1  Thank Gslade
AviatorbyTAG, Manager at Aviator, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Gslade,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea experience with us at Aviator. We recognise that we still have some work to do but have made some significant improvements where Afternoon Tea is concerned.
Please feel free to contact myself directly if you decide to return in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,106)

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Always a pleasure to stay here. Nice room designs. Good service. SkyBar is awesome. The hotel location and architecture live up to the name. The premium for airside rooms isn't worth it since there isn't normally not much activity to look at. Good Nepali food in walking distance.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
AviatorbyTAG, Manager at Aviator, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Sunil-DC

Thank you for taking the time to write to us as your observations are of paramount importance to Aviator. I trust that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future when perhaps we can meet personally.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We were tempted by the two night with dinner package, which represents excellent value in a stunning hotel. We arrive in the early evening and the atrium entrance has real wow factor. Check in was painless and our bags were in our room waiting for us. I customarily ask for a bucket of ice to be sent to the room, and the Aviator response to this was the quickest ever, with the ice arriving in under a minute! (The worst FYI was The Laneborough - £600 a night and the ice asked for at check in took nearly an hour...)

We love the style of the decor, lizard/croc skin, chrome and oak, with great contemporary furnishings throughout, the Aviator has a real boutique feel. In the room, all the usual boxes were ticked, with a few exceptions. There was no fridge, not enough flannels, no HD on the TV (you really notice it if it's what you are used to) and the mattress was surprisingly cheap, given the excellent quality of the linen. Nice bathroom with a truly epic shower, as I good as I've had anywhere. Now this may have been because being on the top floor, our ceilings are higher - brilliant for a rain shower. Free wireless broadband was really quick. All hotels should be doing this now.

We liked the layout of the hotel. The comp dinner had an understanbly limited menu, but two beef mains and no chicken? Odd. That said, our dinner was really very good. Comp breakfasts were even better. In fact I'm struggling to remember a better quality breakfast given the price/package on offer. Outstanding.

Downside: We ordered a bucket of ice and glasses which never appeared, and that afternoon - a saturday - room service was for a while permanently engaged. Manager at least rang to apologise. We understood there had been a few problems with young staff - common in all hotels at this level, in our experience. Other than that, service was friendly, attentive and unobtrusive.

The only real problem with the Aviator, and all it has to offer, is the lack of a pool or even a decent spa, sauna, steam etc. There is a gym and treatment facility of sorts, but this sort of hotel, especially one by TAG, really should offer this as does, say, that other airport/aviation themed 4-star hotel, the Verta. If they had such a facility, we would visit a lot more.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have the view, but if it's raining, the water noise from the guttering can keep...
1  Thank JonBG48
AviatorbyTAG, Manager at Aviator, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Meursault48

We glad that you enjoyed your overall stayed with Aviator. As to your comment with regards to a Spa and pool we've often wondered ourselves why it wasn't designed into the hotel back in 2008 when it opened. We are constantly receiving feedback from our guests who say they would also like a Spa and other leisure facilities.

We are aware of this and please continue to watch the space.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I recently stayed
At this hotel for 1 night
Due to it being nearby to a conference I had to attend. The view over the airfield was fantastic and caught my eye the minute I turned up. As I arrived late It was too late
To make any reservations in the what seemed fine dinning restaurant. I decided to order room service the food was average and there was a problem with my order meaning I was given extremely fat chips even though the menu stated "skinny fries"
, Although the girl that bought it up was very sweet! and went out of her way to quickly sort this for me Hayley I think her name was. As I imagine it was probably irritating having to run up and down each floor but she was more than happy to do so. My room was very clean and had a fantastic View of the airfield which I was very pleased about. the appearance of the overall hotel is modern and very unique and all within an excellent location!! Food the following morning for Breakfast was much better and had a great variety, it was open early making it convenient as other places iv stayed this has not been the case.Although my stay was short and sweet I would recommend it! The staff were all pleasant and the hotel was spotless!
Hopefully will stay again soon

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Yhhhjjj

Dear Yhhhjjj,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience with us and we're looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Have a great weekend.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed March 20, 2014

This hotel has been wonderfully designed and really is an architectural masterpiece. It is rare that modern hotels deliver real elegance and style but this hotel , part of the Tag Heuer group has been built and fitted out with real precision and quality . The rooms , views and comfort leave nothing to be desired . A truly beautiful modern hotel with standards of excellence to match .

1  Thank william h

Dear William H

I would like to thank you for your positive comments. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us at Aviator.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This hotel is amazing. Stayed for my anniversary and booked a suite via their website getting the weekend special rate which includes breakfast both days and dinner on one night.

When you arrive, you can tell its going to be something special and then to walk through the entrance doors and see the staircase...Wow....Just staggering.

The staff were friendly and offered an small beverage at reception of strawberry cider. I don't drink but I have to say it was really nice.

We were shown to our room which overlooked the airport a short distance away. The room was well soundproofed so you didn't really hear much unless you opened the sliding door to take a good look.

The room comes with a minibar and snacks. It had 2 TVs, one was a normal TV and one was a media centre with films on demand which is included in the price. The furnishings were really great and I couldn't fault it.

The food....

Well....Yum. Breakfast was just amazing with buffet on the go and other items which were just great and the dinner...Worth every penny (it was included in the price but I would have paid for it)

I love this place and i really can't wait to go back...

Highly recommended

1  Thank Rnich120

Dear Rnich120,

Reviewed March 14, 2014

My wife and I are on the latest of our visits to the fabulous Aviator Hotel in Farnborough. Quite simply a class above any other hotel we ever stay in. The rooms are beautiful, the staff are second to none and the food is to die for. We have just had a delicious three course meal served to us by a lovely young man named Zack who was attentive and friendly. Indeed, all the staff are so attentive, nothing is too much trouble.
Keep up the good work!
Tom and Carolyn Donohoe

2  Thank Infin8Tom
AviatorbyTAG, Manager at Aviator, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Tom and Carolyn

We're absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us at Aviator and hope to welcome you back again soon. We'll certainly pass on the positive feedback to the relevant teams.

Kind regards
Albert van der Westhuizen, Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Village Hotel Farnborough
Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England
1 mi away
Premier Inn Farnborough Town Centre
Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel

Been to Aviator? Share your experiences!