“A superb high end hotel ideal for plane-spotters.”
Review of Aviator Hotel

Aviator Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel delivers in all areas. The service is 5* from the moment you walk in. The rooms are spacious and well equipped with comfortable beds. If you're into design hotels then this shouldn't disappoint, lots of interesting design features inside and out. The breakfast is excellent, although I'd prefer table service instead of buffet at this level of hotel. There are nice touches like mini cocktails at check-in and great magazines lying around to thumb through whilst waiting for colleagues. The dinner I had here was also excellent but expect to pay London prices. £140 should get you a B@B.

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for Aviator Hotel

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is simply amazing! I frequently travel on business, but most of the hotels I have stayed in I cannot tell you much about them, I guess they are all the same, but not the Aviator! – This hotel is simply the best hotel I have stayed in for some time.

From the outside, the hotel looks like a swish office block, but look carefully and the architectural design and the attention to detail are superb, which is carried on throughout in the interior.

The hotel room itself was more akin to a suite, a large contemporary comfortable seating area; with all modern conveniences such as Bose surround sound TV, DVD, flat screen TV, Wi-Fi. There was also a large walk in wardrobe that I know my wife would like at home, a separate bedroom, large and very comfortable bed with an adjoining cabinet TV, large bathroom, with another TV (great for watching sky sports whilst in the bath) and the most awesome walk in shower! The suite was very clean.

The food in the restaurant was modern, local and fresh and the service from the staff was friendly, no forced smiles at the Aviator!

Would I stay here again – YES, from now on when visiting London, I shall take the 30 min train from Waterloo to Farnbourgh and stay here as my future preference

Well done to the all the Aviator team, you have created something magnificent!

Room Tip: Pay the extra simple as!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Excellent place to stay, is pricey but you get what you pay for. Rooms spotless, food very high standad. Nice atmosphere, and very good staff. A 10/15 minute walk from town centre,very good pubs short walk away to.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank MarkMahoney
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Simply the best, you will not be disappointed , sat on the terrace drinking cocktails watching planes take off and land as the sun began to set. moved into the excellent restaurant, then on to the sky lounge for more cocktails . So much more can be said about this hotel , serious hotel groups should book their GM 's in for a night they will learn much from the experience . We could have been in a top Manhattan hotel , the service and just everything was exquisite . I travel regularly around the UK and the world and rarely feel compelled to comment about a hotel unless it is very bad or hitting that 12 out of 10 !

If there was one negative there isn't much else to do in the surrounding local Aldershot and Farnborough but if you want to give yourself and partner a treat , this si the place to do it

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the airport side , better views , but all rooms are BRILLiant
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

After reading other reviews on Tripadvisor we decided to stay here for the bank holiday weekend.

We booked a two night stay which included breakfast each morning and dinner on one evening.
This was a special offer.
Upon our arrival the hotel looks more like a office block but once inside it is truly amazing and very comfortable and the staff are very attentive.
We made our way up the fantastic staircase to the reception on the first floor where we were greeted by very welcoming staff who assisted us and gave us a welcome cocktail which was very nice.

Our room was a Aviator Air room which was on the second floor (240) and overlooked the airfield.
The decor was fantastic and the shower/bathroom was lovely and clean with very fluffy towels.
The bed was also of very good quality as were the bed linen.
It was nice to have the choice of movies included in the room price along with tea and coffee facilities.

The restaurant was very comfortable and our waiter for the evening (Ross?) was very attentive to us and nothing was too much trouble for him. The service and food were excellent.
Breakfast was also served in the restaurant and this was very good with ample choice of cooked and continental breakfasts.

We will definately be back to stay here as we enjoyed everything about the hotel and we have to say one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in.
Congratulations to all your staff for excellent service and politness they are a credit to your hotel.

Till next time thank you.

Room Tip: Book a room overlooking the airfield as lots to watch from the comfort of your room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was a treat for my husband and I and it definitely was a treat! We had a room that overlooked the airfield and it was amazing watching the planes land. We had a gorgeous room - the shower was fantastic! There was pre-loaded movies for us to watch and albums for us to chill to. We had breakfast there. It was fine; what you would expect from a buffet breakfast. We also had dinner which was lovely. All in all it was a great hotel and if I had to book us another treat, I may well may this hotel again.

Room Tip: Go for the airfield side!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Currently laying in my sky suite.. Love it! It's the second time we have been here now and never had any problems! It's a beautiful place. We arrived had a small wait at reception.. No problem as we got mini cocktails while we waited! Yum! They offered help to our room but we were ok. Then we had a 3 course meal the night we arrived .. That was lovely too.. Small menu to chose from but I'm the fussiest person ever when it comes to food .. But I found something to eat! As for desert .. Chocolate brownie... WOW!!! They even went out of there way to find out what the welcome cocktail was and made that for me. Had breakfast the next morning.. Very nice. When we finished we went to our room but it was being cleaned.. Not a problem we just sat on the landing on the comfy chairs and relaxed.. Cleaning took a while but I like that! Then I know my rooms being cleaned properly.. And that it was! Turn down service in the evening is also a lovely touch!! Only thing I'd say to people reading the other reviews.. Just remember you can't please everyone!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Village Hotel Farnborough
Oakley Hall Hotel
Oakley Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oakley
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa

Been to Aviator Hotel? Share your experiences!