“All that Glitters....”
Review of Aviator Hotel

Aviator Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Set in the vicinity of the airport and the business environment of Farnbrough the hotel certainly fits in - it looks like a office block, so finding the place can be challenge. The glassy eyed 'welcoming' staff gave an inkling of what was to come. Modern, clean, slick & trendy it is, relaxing and welcoming it is not. The service overall was appalling for such a flagship hotel,next to non existent at breakfast, tables left uncleared and if they were,dirty. One would have thought a cook to order breakfast would have been available, but non of it- congealed eggs, tepid food and lukewarm tea - disappointing!
All that glitters certainly isn't gold,this ranks with Ratners....... save yourmoney and try an alternative.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Ian M

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel is housed in an impressive sleek modern building and on arrival I felt I might be "wowed" with what would be offered there. Sadly I wasn't "wowed" - but on the whole the experience was a good one.

My "Sky Suite" was well appointed and spacious if a little expensive... cocktails in the Sky Bar were good and served in a nice atmosphere and the Brasserie Restaurant served good, well presented food, although service was a on the slow side.

My only real complaint was buffet breakfast on the Sunday morning where the kitchen appeared to be overwhelmed with the demand for some of the cooked breakfast items (I waited nearly 15 mins for an egg, by which time the rest of my selectons were cold!) - surely it's possible to guage demand here by the number of guests staying?

Overall I'd rate this as a good hotel, but you can't help feeling that with a little more attention to detail, it could be great!

Room Tip: On my next visit I'll book a room overlooking the airfield - much more interesting than the main...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say? Booked in for the 30 pound 'envy romance' break, one night stay. But the dinner was ruined by some of the most slapdash and dopey service we ve yet witnessed in any establisment
-showed us to our table, ignored for 35 mins
-asked for some service, ignored for another 10
-the bread waiter appeared oblivious to fact we still had nothing on our table at this point despite our pointing this out to him
_further very slow service later marred what supposed to be a special birthday meal for my girlfriend

Just appalling value therefore, and would advise you to steer clear until they can sort out their lackadaisical approach to service (oh and breakfast proved to be a similar affair: weren't even offered a coffee,!). Ended up having to beg for some coffee from a fellow guests pot!

Room nothing special either

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Top quality hotel. Lovely clean, spacious room, with a super comfy bed. We enjoyed cocktails in the bar before a wonderful evening meal. Breakfast the next morning was also of good quality and had plenty of choice. The staff we met were all polite and friendly. Couldn't find any faults with this hotel and hoping to get another online offer soon so that we can go back again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Very attractive hotel and rooms but ordered breakfast in bed and it never arrived. We were told our order had "gone astray". Went down to restaurant instead, breakfast was buffet style and most items were lukewarm at best. This really let the whole experience down. At check out they had added a charge to the bill for the non existent breakfast in bed and when we reminded them that it never arrived no real apology was offered.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Pau1bennett
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Fantastic hotel room, movies on demand, cookies on demand. Great food available in the restaurant and with room service. Incredibly comfortable bed with top quality pillows. This was a hotel room that I did not want to leave. Quite possibly the best hotel I have stayed in. Highly recommended. Just being in the room is better than a spa hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I booked a sky suite for 2 nights to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. We arrived to a complimentary cocktail at reception and chocolate dipped strawberries in our room, accompanied by a card addressed to my boyfriend for his birthday, very thoughtful!

We loved our room. I opted for a view of the airfield which was a very good choice. Walk in wardrobe, complimentary mini bar, big lounge area, massive king size bed, bathroom with a bath big enough for 2 (tested) and a walk in shower.

We dined in the Brasserie for dinner on the first night and I have to say it was the best meal I have ever had. We had 3 courses and couldn't fault a thing, from the attentive staff filling our glasses with water as soon as our glasses reached half full, to the most delicious chocolate brownie I have ever tasted. Breakfast was just as delicious with a variety of options from a full english to cereals to continental.

Thank you Aviator for making my boyfriend's birthday extra special. We will most definitely be returning soon.

Room Tip: Sky Suite Airside The choice 'airside' means a view of the airfield, which is not loud at a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England
Oakley Hall Hotel
Oakley Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oakley
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa

Been to Aviator Hotel? Share your experiences!