“A real find - great pasta”
Review of Il Colosseo

Il Colosseo
Ranked #8 of 98 Restaurants in Farnborough
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Tonight my friend and I ate at il colosseum and what a lovely surprise it was. Don't be put off by the interior, the food is fab, this is a good traditional Italian. We ordered pizza and a pasta dish, both were delicious and just as good as any Italian meal you would experience in Italy. The chef came out and spoke with us, he is passionate about Italian food and has brought his recipes with him from his native Italy. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for an authentic Italian experience , lovely home cooked Italian food. This was a refreshing change to all the chain Italians that are on every high street. Also great value, £45 for a bottle of wine 2 mains, 2 side orders and a desert!

1  Thank Sarah S

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We have previously visited il colleseo several times, food has always been good maybe a bit overpriced especially for the meat dishes , service has been ok to good, went recently and the food was ok the service was dreadful! The man serving us was cold bordering on rude we felt like an inconvenience! Took us four gos to get a jug of table water, food was literally thrown at us with a grunt. Very disappointing and they have now lost our custom, which is a shame as we have used them regularly in the past.

3  Thank juleskok
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My wife and I have been regular customers of Il Colosseo for a number of years. They even catered our wedding for us - delivering the food to our home. The feedback from our guests on that occasion was first class, especially the veggies for whom Antonio, the chef, had made several special dishes.

Last night was my mother's birthday and 10 members of the family went to Il Colosseo to celebrate, some of the group going there for the first time. Everyone had a fantastic time and enjoyed their food greatly. There was a slight hiccup with my mother's steak being slightly redder than she usually prefers, but as usual, Antonio could not do enough to rectify the problem. I think there were 4 birthdays being celebrated last night as 4 times the lights were dimmed and a birthday tiramisu was presented to the strains of 'Happy Birthday to you' sung by staff and families.

We would certainly recommend this restaurant as it is, without doubt, the best in town (albeit in a town that is deplorably ill served in that regard].

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We visited this restaurant for the first time for my birthday and were so disappointed. It was so cold that my husband had to sit in his coat to eat dinner and everyone else had fleeces or jackets on. The waiter was distant and we weren't once asked if our meal was okay. Whilst my food was very nice (I had fillet steak for my main) my husbands was bland. The place has no atmosphere at all. It was quite expensive, which is fine if the service and food is fine, but it was not. We will not be returning.

2  Thank Emma S
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I visited the restaurant tonight , the first time for a long while and I have to say the meal was lovely and the service was great and I can't think why we haven't been back before .