“Warm greeting and delicious food”
Review of Antonio's

Antonio's
Ranked #6 of 169 Restaurants in Fareham
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have eaten here several times but this is the first review.

The food here if freshly cooked, so can sometimes take a little while to come out. I personally, would rather wait and enjoy freshly cooked food, than take some of the microwaved options elsewhere in town.

There are fixed price menu options, these offer the best value. You can also order tapas or a la carte but these options can become more exspensive.

A nice touch are the toiletries provided in the WC.
Tony is always very friendly and welcoming. The service is good.

I enjoy this resturant as a treat or on special occasions. The resturant is always busy on friday and saturday nights, so please book.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have visited this restaurant 4 times in the last two weeks ! I have tried several different dishes and they all have been cooked to perfection. they bake tasty bread every day , I am mainly a meat eater but do enjoy the blachbait . My wife only goes in general for the excellent fresh fish and appreciates the skillful way that Antonio or his staff fillet the fish for her , not like some restaurants that either have no experience or interest in filleting fish.

The cost of eating there is reasonable from excellent Tapas , set meals, to nice a la carte meals

Will go back in the new year for more !! Can't wait

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Well, I would say that I really enjoyed my dinner at Antonio's. I went there for dinner with friends. Its a small cozy place. The staff greeted us warmly to start with. Service was quick. The Ambiance was very Spanish. The starters were excellent. The starters raised the bar so much that the main course seemed ordinary but believe me it was still very good. They were always around and ready for a suggestion whenever required by us specially with the wine.

Overall great and do recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Took my dad and his partner here a few weeks back as it had good reviews on here. However, we were all left feeling disappointed.
Nice service and atmosphere but i felt some things were overpriced. Two of us ordered the prawns which were supposed to be king prawns. They were £6.95. However, when they came out they were very small, hardly any bigger than normal prawns and definitely not king and we only got 6! I thought that was terrible for the price!
Then on to dessert - They had run out of 2 things on the menu. One being the baileys creme brulee which was the dessert i wanted. It was a Saturday night but it wasn't that late and you would think that they would have extra in for Saturday nights. I has the Crepe Suzette in the end which was very nice but again slightly overpriced.
My dad ordered the cheese board which was £6.95 and we were shocked when it came out! There were only 5 different crackers and 5 small lumps of cheese! Disgusting for the price we paid and not even enough for 1 person! I had to ask for more crackers.
Safe to say, we wont be going back.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We visited Antonio's on a wet Saturday for lunch. We found the waitress was very pleasant and helpful. We ordered from a very reasonably priced lunchtime set two or three course menu which had a good range to choose from. The Chef was willing to change a Garlic sauce to a Paprika sauce which pleased my parents. They also have a fixed prix Tapas menu. For a lunchtime the trade was quiet but the Chef was happy as he was able to prep for the evening rush, the kitchen door was open so you could peek in. He even makes his own bread. My pud was Baked Apples, where can you get such a simple dessert, we will visit again.