“Viva Italia !”

Ranked #1 of 163 Restaurants in Fareham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Fareham’s Villa Romana rustic and contemporary combine to create an authentic Italian dining experience with a splash of olde worlde English thrown in to the mix. This centrally located, 18th century coach house oozes character with exposed brick and beams.The ideal setting for a romantic evening or stylish dinner with friends. Villa Romana is using fresh local ingredients, the Chefs produce an excellent combination of classically traditional and inspirational new dishes to whet the palate of any Italian food fanatic.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Viva Italia !”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Myself and my partner went here for a birthday celebration , great ambience , really has that italian feel to it , both of our meals were perfect , really enjoyed the whole experience , would go back .

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Trugossy

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Always spot on”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Have been coming here for over 10 years now! Service & food is always of a very high standard. Owners are very welcoming and always happy to have a chat if they have a spare few minutes at the table, great value for money and food is always to the same high standard.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank deebees62
Hayling Island UK
“Very slow service ruins an evening”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Six of us dined here last night on a Tuesday, having booked a table. Service was very very slow - we arrived at 7.20pm and were served our starters at 8.30pm. Our main course then arrived at 9.15 pm - having said that the food was very good indeed, just ruined by not having enough waiters on for a busy week night. After we had finished our mains we dared not order a pudding - as we could not wait any more. We went home. I asked for the 10percent service charge to be removed from our bill. It seems that there was a large table of 14 people - (some of whom arrived very late) that were served well before us and this was what I think put a spanner in the works. Actually I think everybody in the restaurant was served before us. Somebody came out from the kitchen I think - although not sure if he was chef as he was dressed all in black and gave us a half hearted apology and explained that it was because every dish was cooked from scratch - not good enough I am afraid. I would not visit again ---
Could not recommend it as the evening was spoilt by very poor service.

• Visited March 2014
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous meal, as always!!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Had a fabulous meal, as always. Love the food, the atmosphere, and everything about Villa Romana. The food is always excellent and well worth the money. Some might say it is expensive, but you get what you pay for, so it's worth every penny!!!

• Visited March 2014
Bristol
“The best Italian in Fareham”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My other half and I went here to celebrate my birthday towards the end of February and although I have been here many times (and it is always wonderful) it was his first time. The food was lovely as always and the service was great and very helpful. This is one of my favourite Italian restaurants (I live in Bristol now and it beats pretty much all of them!). The dishes were all cooked perfectly and all steaming hot when they got to the table. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone and the it's not bad value either (as we got two big mains, a dessert to share, 3 drinks (one alcoholic), a pre starter and a shot of amaretto each) for about £45 including a tip!

• Visited February 2014