“Couldn't fault it!”

TravelRest Solent Gateway
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Fareham
Reviewed June 16, 2014

There were only positives for this hotel. Not a huge hotel so you felt like an individual and not just another customer. I had contacted the hotel beforehad to ask for a quiet room, I get a prompt reply and was given the room upstairs at the back of the hotel. Large well kept gardens, and a large carpark. Happy for us to order a pizza in for the evening, which was delivered to the hotel and we ate it out on the patio. Small bar with a variety of drinks. The room was a good size, we had a twin room. TV, Wifi, clean bathroom, lovely thick towels, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and a cafetiere, comfy beds. Breakfast was £8 per person, with a selection of fruit, cereal and juices. You then ordered your cooked breakfast and toast which was made to order. Would certainly go back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
TravelRestLtd, Manager at TravelRest Solent Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thank you for your review, which we really appreciate. Our aim is always to offer excellent service at value for money prices.

Thank you again for taking the time and trouble to write a review.

There are newer reviews for TravelRest Solent Gateway

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Was not expecting too much based on reading some other reviews, but was pleasantly suprised in a lot of areas. The hotel is set back off the road with a large car park at the front so parking is well catered for, it also has well kept grounds and a garden area at the back where you could sit outside if you wanted to, the conservatory/dining room is also very nice and there is a bar/seating area so this is all good. Room decor is a bit average but the room was spotless, and the bed very comfortable (much better than most ive experienced in hotels). Breakfast was very good with a choice of self service and cooked breakfast. I had a ground floor room and it was nice and quiet at night. I believe its not part of a big chain but one of 2 so well done to the owners for such a nice relaxing place to spend a night. The only things i would suggest as improvements would be a cardkey door lock rather than keys, and a tv that is a little more user friendly.. the bush one wasnt ! Would stay again next time im in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
TravelRestLtd, Manager at TravelRest Solent Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and review which we really appreciate. I have noted your comments about the improvements we could make and will look to see how these can be implemented going forward. We really look forward to welcoming you back to TravelRest soon. Thank you again for taking the time and trouble to review us.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Arrived Sunday about midday to a nice welcome, booked in and advised about breakfast and evening meals then directed to our room. We then went out for the day and returned in evening.
Went for Breakfast at the cost of £8.00 each, there was a good selection of fruit juices and cereals. the cooked breakfast was lovely and the waitress could of not been more helpful!!!
The only Niggle I have is the price of the breakfast!! Not really worth the price tag!! £3.95 to £4.75
would be more realistic!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
TravelRestLtd, Manager at TravelRest Solent Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for your feedback which we really appreciate. We keep our pricing under regular review with our aim to offer great value.
Thank you again for taking the time and trouble to review us.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Friendly staff, public areas very good and the standard of cleanliness in the rooms was excellent. I liked the approach to making me feel that I was in a Hotel that cared. I was interested (having already booked) to read other reviews and found myself wondering what some people expect? It is comfortable, well appointed, friendly and relaxing. There were no disturbing noises and the food was thoughtfully prepared and well presented. I would happily stay here again given that it met my own expectations.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
TravelRestLtd, Manager at TravelRest Solent Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, which we really appreciate. We look forward to welcoming you back to TravelRest very soon. Don't forget to tell us about your review to claim your free gift when you book directly with TravelRest.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Tried charging me for the room, even though it was already paid for!
Room was old fashioned, the bed sheet didn’t fit over the mattress.
Staines around the toilet floor.
Pubes on the tiles in the shower.
Shower was hot/cold/hot/cold/hot/cold/hot/cold - get the idea?

Breakfast was OK, a fine selection of fruit if you like oranges, oranges and more oranges.

Room Tip: If your in room 42 then please check under the bedside table as they were kind enough to leave me a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Paul H
TravelRestLtd, General Manager at TravelRest Solent Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, which we really appreciate. I can only apologise for the poor standards of housekeeping you encountered and which we have addressed as a matter of urgency. The bathroom floor is to be replaced shortly as part of a refurbishment programme. We have investigated the shower although cannot find any specific issue.

In regards to your payment, to clarify we only take pre authorisation prior to your arrival with payment on arrival. Unfortunately some banks show on customer statements this pre authorisation as if it were a charge when it is not. I hope this clarifies this matter.

Thank you again for your feedback. We would have welcomed the opportunity to put things right during your stay but sadly you did not inform us of your complaint prior to your leaving the hotel.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed at the TravelRest overnight as I had to be at an interview early the following morning, and I live 4 hours away.

I arrived late in the evening at around 9pm, and the gentleman at the reception desk was very welcoming. He knew who I was, even though I had just walked through the door!

After the most brief check-in I have ever encountered, he helped me carry my bags up to my room.

The room itself was huge for the price I paid! I was expecting a pokey little bed and bathroom, however this was very comfortable. A soft double bed was provided, with en-suite bath.

Other facilities included a TV with all the standard Freeview channels we have in the UK. Also, a cafetiere was provided with a bag of freshly ground coffee! This was a lovely touch, which you rarely see at the best hotels.

Everything was tidy, and well cleaned.

I didn't see one other customer whilst I was there, although this may have been because I arrived late (9pm) and left at 7am.

Overall a lovely stay for a very reasonable price. I didn't have breakfast in the morning, so I can't comment on this aspect.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
TravelRestLtd, General Manager at TravelRest Solent Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you so much for your review which we really appreciate. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for highlighting the great value we offer. We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Did you know that we now offer morning coffee and light snacks in the conservatory overlooking the garden? Maybe worth a try next time you visit? We would love to welcome you there too.

Thank you again for taking the time and trouble to write

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We were looking for somewhere to stay over Saturday night while we visited Portsmouth's historic dockyards. We went online and came up with this hotel/B&B. We were pleased that the price for the room asked at Reception was the same as that online - at some other places we have found it cheaper to go back outside and book online. The receptionist was very pleasant, and explained about facilities and breakfast. There was a bar and lounge available, which we didn't see or use, but we saw the conservatory where breakfast is served and it looked most attractive, overlooking a neatly presented garden. The room was clean and tidy, providing everything we needed. We walked 5 minutes down the road to the Harvester for dinner, then hit the sack. We felt that £8 for breakfast was well worth it: there was fresh and tinned fruit, cereal, fruit juices, then a choice of cooked breakfasts, together with as much tea/coffee and toast as you wanted. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if we're in the area and will recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: We didn't get a choice of rooms, but ours was on the first floor towards the back overlooking th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HonestOpinion74
TravelRestLtd, General Manager at TravelRest Solent Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Hello
Thank you so much for your feedback, which we really appreciate. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and really look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Did you know we have recently opened our conservatory light bites, coffee and tea, a great place to relax and even take in the summer sunshine on the terrace.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fareham
Holiday Inn Fareham Solent
#1 of 1 in Shirrell Heath
Portsmouth Marriott Hotel
Portsmouth Marriott Hotel
#18 of 39 in Portsmouth

Been to TravelRest Solent Gateway? Share your experiences!