“Great for Portsmouth”

Premier Inn Fareham Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Fareham
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Great Premier Inn if you need to visit Historic Docks and Portsmouth. Very clean lovely room. Quiet even though it fronted onto car park. Great TGI's next door. Only criticisms were the check-in staff not very friendly or helpful and the noisy guests in the room above.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Fareham Hotel

Reviewed November 4, 2013

well the staff here are lovely, the rooms great, until you come to check out and we found that our door lock had bust and therefore we could not leave the room. there was no telephone in the room, there was safety latches on the windows. we were prisoners! had the fire department come and rescue us by taking off the window!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Fareham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Please be assured we take the safety of our guests extremely seriously , I understand a full investigation is underway and you have been contacted by our Guests Relations team and they are in the process of resolving this matter to your satisfaction. Thank you once again for taking the time to contact us.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed at the hotel last Saturday evening with friends, we had ROOM 23, with is right by the front enterance and by the stair going to the 1st floor. Even though we had had a good night with a few to may drinks the constant noise of people coming in and going up the stairs kept my wife and I up all night. Again, in the morning at 5.45 it started all over again.
Our friend were on the other side of the corridor and had no problems at all.
To be fair the hotel was full and we did get a refund, it was still a unpleasant experience.
All staff great.
Hotel clean and tidy.
breakfast at the TGI Friday good value.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 23
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located next to retail parks on a plot with a TGI Fridays (Used for breakfast).
The room was large, very clean and modern.
My only minor issue was my room (23) on the ground floor was next to the front door where people congregate to smoke.
The stairs adjacent to the room are very creaky in the morning from about 7 when people start moving around.
Apart from that I would happily stay again.
Ample parking.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have stayed here in this particular Premier a couple of times before and along with other Premiers the service was excellent. We arrived just after 7pm but didn't book in because there was quite a few doing so already so went off to eat. We didn't get back until 11 but booked in and it was great. It didn't matter that we were so late and although apologising for being so, the chap on duty was great and not in the least phased.
The room was great and the sleep, which was much needed after a very long day, was peaceful. You certainly do get a good night's sleep here.
The only criticism , and it is tiny, was that TGI Friday's is not really geared towards breakfasts!!!!! But it was fine - whew deer just late getting up and getting there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Premier inn never disappoint and the one in Fareham is certainly right up there with the best premiers , the staff are very helpful and courteous. The room was spacious , clean and had everything I needed.
The only thing that went wrong was the internet crashed on my last night, no phone in the room and I couldn't be bothered getting up and going to reception so watched tv

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2013

During my stay here, I recieved a nice warm welcome from the man on reception, who I believe was working the night shift, as I arrived at around 2am. I was assured that if I needed anything, all I had to do was ask, and I was even offered help with my bags! Great, friendly survice, and I would certainly use this hotel again!

• Stayed: October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fareham
Holiday Inn Fareham Solent
New Place Hotel
New Place Hotel
#1 of 1 in Shirrell Heath
Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Premier Inn Fareham Hotel? Share your experiences!