“Slight wait for drinks but was worth it”

Holiday Inn Fareham Solent
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fareham
London, United Kingdom
“Slight wait for drinks but was worth it”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, went down to TGI Fridays & ended up eating at the hotel, we made an excellent choice to eat at the hotel. Food was lovely. We had a slight wait for someone to take our drinks order, once the order was taken & the drinks arrived we received a beer with no head, maybe barmen should be trained to pull pints here. Offered wine on arrival, & a cupcake. Very impressed with my overall stay here at the Fareham Holiday inn. Will be back.

• Stayed March 2013
Sonya Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fareham Solent, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is great to hear such nice comments about the food you had and I shall pass your comments onto our chefs. I will also be feeding back your comments in regards to your drinks to our food and beverage supervisors. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Sonya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my wife and two kids ( aged 3 and 2), We booked in on the Friday afternoon and were greeted by a friendly receptionist. On arrival we were offered an Easter egg each for the kids and a glass of red/white wine for the adults and a selection of cookies and cakes for the children, ( really nice touch i thought) Our room was a family room, with a double and a sofa bed which converted into two singles, it was clean and very spacious. The four of us went to use the swimming pool and this did cater for the kids by roping off a section for children to play in, which was a good idea. We ate in the hotel restaurant in the evening and even though there was a wedding on in the hotel the restaurant was quiet with a nice atmosphere. Our meal was really nice, and the kids were well taken care of with colouring books and balloons offered, which they enjoyed, but I have to say while the waitresses were very helpful we ordered our first drinks which took over 20 minutes to come to the table, the manager apologised and gave them on the house which was a gesture appreciated. The starter was nice and came pretty quickly with the kids meals, but we had to wait for over half an hour for our mains and after the wait for our drinks was quite frustrating, when they did arrive the meal was lovely but the side order we had ordered did not arrive and only did when the meal was finished. we were not charged for the side . Overall the stay was pleasant and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rimmernumber1
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your wine and Easter eggs on arrival as well as your time in the pool. It is disappointing to see that you had a long wait for drinks and main meals in the restaurant and I will feed back your comments to our team. It is great to see that you would recommend the hotel and we hope to see you and your family again one day. Kind regards, Sonya
UK
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Fareham Solent for 5 nights and found it to be very good value for money.

I was on a course being run at the hotel so it seemed a no-brainer to try and get a reasonable deal on a room for the week. I used the Government worker deal and got a price of £81.00 per night including breakfast (book early or it drastically increases to over £100.00).

The hotel is for all sorts of travellers but I would say it was more geared to the business sector. It has lecture and briefing facilities of all sizes and always seems to be busy.

The rooms are of a decent size and have all the expected facilities of this very big hotel chain including a gym and spa. There was a good TV reception with pay per view movies, an acceptable tea/coffee area, a decent bed and a good room cleaning regime. The only downside I would say though; is the room walls seem to be paper thin and it is very easy to hear adjoining rooms.

I stayed for dinner most nights and the service was really good. There was only one night mid way through my stay where I found the service substandard and it was down to one young lady serving with a "not interested" attitude; this also showed at breakfast the next morning. This was the only drama and I would isolate the problem to the person rather than the hotel.
The food was fine and acceptable throughout the whole of my stay. If you did want something not on the menu, the front off house staff and chef would really try to oblige.

The hotel is a five minute drive off the M27 motorway at junction 9 so it has ideal access, traffic at certain peak times around the area however can be absolutely manic so be prepared. The Hotel is about 10 minute drive from the centre of Fareham (in good traffic!), about 15/20 minutes from Portsmouth ferry port, about 15 minutes from Southampton airport and I would 15/20 minute from Southampton centre.

On the whole this is a really well run hotel with well trained and professional staff, bar one. The only other negative point was: The internet cost for 5 days was £39.00 which I think is unacceptable in this day and age. I need a internet connection and whilst I am willing to pay I think £39.00 or US$ 59.00 or Euro 45.00 is a bit steep, IBIS hotels are free and it might sway me away from Holiday Inn in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank daztheworldtraveller
Sonya Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fareham Solent, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a nice stay and found the hotel convienient to your needs. I apologise for any service that you received that was not to expectation. We do hope to see you at the hotel again soon. Many thanks, Sonya
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night on a last minute deal at £50 for the night.
We were greeted at reception by a very nice, friendly lady. Check in was quick and we were also given a complimentary glass of wine each which was a lovely touch.
The room was good. Big double bed with sofa, chair and table. Tea/coffee making facilities, TV with plenty of channels and the option of Pay Per View movies.
Clean and tidy and the best bit was we never heard a peep from any other room! You could also have a morning paper delivered to your door and Breakfast at an extra cost.
We had the option to use the leisure facilities but sadly didn't have the time.
We also didn't eat here so cannot comment on that but the bar area was good and the bar staff were as nice and friendly as the reception staff.
Overall a very nice hotel and we would stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments. It is great to read that you found our hotel so friendly and enjoyed your peaceful stay. We do hope to see you again in the near future. Kind regards, Sonya
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel stood out as soon as we arrived, as we were offered a free glass of wine at check in. As a Platinum Priority Club member I was also offered an upgrade and some additional points.
There was also a 'children's check in area', with sweets and cookies, which was a nice touch.

The main standout feature the hotel was the leisure facilities, which included a swimming pool, a decent sized gym and a separate free weights room.

We paid for breakfast in the morning and it was decent enough. There were a lot of families and young children at breakfast, it seemed like the hotel attracted a lot of families.

Parking was free.

The only downside I found was having to pay for WIFI.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sonya Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fareham Solent, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your check in experience as well as our Spirit health club. We hope that you will visit the hotel again soon. Kind regards, Sonya
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Last minute special offer and what a lovely surprise.

The lady at reception, the staff in the gym and restaurant all made us feel very welcome and at home. The type of service I would expect at a 5* hotel not a holiday inn. Thank you.

The room was perfect.

We ate dinner in the restaurant and it was very reasonably priced for the standard. A++ and recommended. We both chose steak and chips which was delicious and perfectly cooked.

• Stayed February 2013
Sonya Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fareham Solent, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. It is always great for myself and the team to hear such great feedback from our guests. We very much hope to see you again in the near future. Kind regards, Sonya
Leigh-on-Sea, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Fast and friendly check-in service on the Friday night - a very nice touch was the glass of complementary wine served there! The room was clean and comfortable but the walls were a bit thin as I was woken up on both nights I stayed there by crying kids. I know it's not the Hotels fault but sleep was also interrupted by inconsiderate guests slamming doors rather than shutting them. Ate at the bar, a club sandwich, which at first seemed expensive until you see the size of it, and had a drink which was at typical hotel prices. Breakfast was a buffet selection of cereals/fruit- juices and the typical English fry-up as well as a continental choice. My second night I was again woken by children, but not by the alarm call I had requested. This time the 'honour' was down to the newspapers being thrown on the floor outside the doors. To be fair, the Hotel 'comped' me on my 'extras' as a goodwill gesture when I checked out and mentioned these issues.
Would I stay again? The Hotel chain actively encourages families and children so I think I would request a child free area to avoid being disturbed, if possible. I did seem to be amongst a lot of family groups where I was on this occasion.
The location is fine if you intend staying in the Hotel - it's got excellent pool/gym facilities as well as beauty treatments for the ladies - but there is nothing within walking distance apart from a Shell garage over the road.

Room Tip: Away from kids! Rooms at the back of the hotel will be quiter road noise wise