My wife and I have been here before, as before, staying the night after a ferry crossing from Saint Malo to Portsmouth prior to a long journey north to home (as we did on this occasion). To be very positive, sleep quality exceptional, lovely quiet clean rooms, bar food came within five mins or so and was well presented and of good quality. However, as a long time Priority Club member and only staying at Holiday Inn establishments wherever we may be in the world, and having tens of thousands of points to allow us 'free' stays (we may use them sometime) we do have to say that were were more than disappointed with this stay. The white bathroom towels, although clean were very 'grey' in colour, long past being replaced and the buffet breakfast in the morning left us with something of a critical position. We have been here before, lovely white towels, robes and slippers to wear, bottled water; all this seems to have 'gone'. Breakfast was something of a farce. We were presented with a table for two, given a paper serviette each and a knife and fork, and a mug (no milk) and told where to obtain our food. No hot drink was offered, we assumed we helped ourselves. We obtained our cereal/fruit pieces and realised we had no spoons. There were none on display. After a little wait we had to ask where one obtained spoons, whereupon a waiter went behind the bar to give us one each. I reported to the head waiter that I had taken the last of the orange juice, to be told that it was to be refilled 'immediately' (he did not move from his post); then repeated this to another THREE members of staff over some 20 mins before some more orange juice appeared. My wife and I like HP (brown) sauce and we had, on self service, two of the smallest bottles one can buy, one completely empty and the other, after holiding it upside down for some time, I managed to remove a table spoon full. After the breakfast was eaten I spoke to the restaurant manager and asked how one obtained a hot drink, he appeared quite shocked that no one had asked us before then, he went for it himself, followed then by a waiter going from table to table asking if they wanted a hot drink. I was quite shocked how many people asked for one! Just in case this is read by the management at this place, as a suggestion why not have spoons available for customers, and it would help knives (being given one knife and wanting to place butter on toast means you have to ask for another knife if you have had a cooked breakfast and everything is removed) also being readily available (given the alternative of having to 'catch the eye' of a member of staff. If we ever do the Saint Malo to Portsmouth trip again we we certainly look at other alternatives, not very well done Holiday Inn, Fareham.
(this was reported to the reception staff member on checking out who offered us a 'coffee' to take away with us - refused)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Fareham-Solent in Titchfield is ideally situated for business and leisure guests on the edge of the Meon Valley in Hampshire between Portsmouth and Southampton, within easy access of the M27 J9 and the key business parks at Segensworth, Whiteley, Solent Business Park, Kites Croft, Cams Hall and Broadcut. Close proximity to Southampton International Airport and the Continental Ferry Port at PortsmouthFacilities include 124 air-conditioned bedrooms, high speed internet access and has recently completed a 1.5m refurbishment of the public areasThe hotel is close to Whiteley Outlet Shopping Village, Marwell Zoo, Paultons Park and the famous waters of the SolentOur facilities include a Restaurant offering tempting dishes from around the world, 24 hour Room Service, relaxing Lounge and Bar Area and complimentary use for residents of the Spirit Health Club with fully equipped gym, indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and beauty treatmentsThe hotel has 7 conference and training suites which can accommodate from 2-140 delegates, an ideal venue for meetings, training, presentations, Weddings and other special occasions & events. All suites have natural daylight, air conditioning, wireless internet access and all day tea and Starbucks coffee. Our external grounds are ideal for team building and outdoor activitiesAccessible & Family Rooms available. Kids Stay & Eat Free (terms and conditions apply) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Fareham Solent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Fareham Solent Hotel Fareham
- Fareham Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Fareham Solent Hampshire