“Excellent lunch”

Ranked #75 of 167 Restaurants in Fareham
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2013

As a last minute choice I took my family for lunch at Osbourne View today. We were offered a table in the window with an excellent view of the Solent. Our orders were taken without delay from a varied and interesting menu.When served our meals were good, hot and very tasty. We thoroughly enjoyed an excellent experience and one we shall repeat at this venue. Not only the food but the service was also extremely good. Thank you Osbourne View.

There are newer reviews for Osborne View

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Sunday night to celebrate my birthday. Have visited several times before, but had good experiences apart from very slow service. However, on this occasion the long wait was matched by terrible food. I ordered rump steak medium rare. It arrived eventually accompanied by (I'm not kidding you) about 10 matchstick lukewarm French fries, some wilted rocket and some shredded cold red cabbage. The steak was burnt at the edges, dry and as tough as old leather and certainly not medium let alone medium rare. My mum's gammon was of a similar consistency and her cooked tomato on the side was too hard to even cut into. I complained and we were not charged for the steak or the gammon. This place is going downhill rapidly. Never again!!!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Good view but:-
Visited Wed 30th Oct for evening meal with family visiting from Austria who were not impressed..
My wife ordered her main course of Mussels which arrived on a cold plate with stone cold mussels which had to be returned so she sat and waited for a second meal whilst the rest of
the party ate theirs.
Trio of Sausages was overcooked but just edible, very small portion, not worth the price.
Had run out of bottles of Merlot wine even though my wife had a glass to start with.
Ordered one filter coffee with cream and one Irish Coffee, finished up with a black filter coffee and no Irish Coffee, apparently someone had left the top off the cream container and it
could not be used. No other cream in stock.

1  Thank David E
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We hadn't patronised this restaurant for over a year as our most recent experiences had not been good. However, today's lunch proved us wrong: the service and food were both excellent. We shared a vegetarian platter and bread board which proved more than sufficient for two. The house wine was excellent.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had been for a walk by the sea at Lee on Solent and called into this pub/restaurant. It was a Tuesday lunch-time and quite busy. I approached a waitress and asked for a window seat as it has a great view over the Solent and was one of the reasons I had decided to stop there for lunch. Some people were just leaving so I was able to have their table if didn't mind waiting while she cleaned it. I ordered fish and chips, the fish was moist and tasty and the batter crisp and light with chips and peas. I was pleased I had the choice of ordering a small portion as it left me enough room for a dessert. The sticky toffee pudding was yummy, sweet, sticky with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. All in all a pleasant lunch-time venue.