“It's a pub!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Osborne View

Osborne View
Ranked #41 of 162 Restaurants in Fareham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
UK
“It's a pub!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Pretentious, overpriced pub, pretending to be a restaurant. Lunch for 4 today was £45 for some very small portions of mediocre food. Waiter service was apt. I waited a long time for everything. Surrounded by families with wailing children - a joy!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rountuit

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“No incentive to improve”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Osborne View is in great location with a superb view of the Solent, no other pub for miles around has this and as a consequence this establishment has no incentive to improve. The food is acceptable and the staff are pleasant. However, at busy times mistakes are sometimes made with orders being misinterpreted or forgotten altogether.

The Osborne View in the hands of some keen management could easily be a little gem.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Quietpint
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous views, average food & service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner with my wife and daughter here on 15th May at 6pm. We didn't book but got a table ok although not by the window as those were all reserved. Food here is pre-prepared but wholesome and tasty and was served within 15 minutes of ordering. The drinks took over 10 minutes to appear which was frustrating and the bar was not that busy. Waitress was friendly and attentive and pretty busy. What makes the place is the view. From even the middle of the room we were able to watch 3 cruise liners making their way down the Solent past the Isle of Wight in the evening sunlight. Delightful!! Will almost certainly visit again because visitors always love it and the beer is very good (Badger). Value for money not bad, drinks plus pudding and a main course each cost a total of £50 exculding service. To gain better scores the service needs to improve. Have had problems with delays in the past.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank meonwanderer
Derby, England
“Great View and Interior - Average Food at Best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Shame second time here great view and interior and the service was friendly if slow. But the food average at best, arrived possibly too quickly and with the chips cold and fish lukewarm I think pre-cooking had been employed. Not the cheapest pub either, go for the view and drink but eat elsewhere

Visited May 2013
Titchfield
“Really cold, extortionate drink prices, didn't stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Decided to take my Mum out for lunch today and to try somewhre new we decided on the Osbourne View as neither of us had been there for many years.

Arrived at 12.15 and were shown to a table by the staircase to the next floor down. the draught was horrendous, so cold! I asked to be moved and the waiter showed us to another table across from the head of the stairs and it was just as bad, he said he couldn't offer us any other table as they were booked and the cold draught was because they were having the boiler fixed. (Didn't know boilers created cold draughts, learn something new every day, eh!) We had already ordered our drinks so we said we would just have them then leave. My Mums' tonic water that she specifically requested had no ice in came with the glass full to the top with ice and although I wanted cider I had to have lager as I couldn't understand what the waitress was saying when I asked if it was sweet or dry (all the staff seemed to be from abroad. and no I am not bothered by that in the slightest but i do like to understand what someone is saying to me).

when I paid for the drinks I nearly fell off my chair..... £2.40 for a half pint of bog standard lager and £1.70 for a tonic water!!! and the menu looked like standard pub fare at restaurant prices so maybe a good job I didn't stay for food.

All together totally spoiled what should have been a bit of quality time with my old Mum. Never again.

1 Thank NoniMouse