“Great atmosphere, super food and service !! Love the decor”
Review of Breezes Cafe

Breezes Cafe
Ranked #21 of 174 Restaurants in Fareham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Great cafe' with a fab menu.. just what the doctor ordered for Sunday morning brunches !! There is an amazing selection of good food and cakes in a cosy down to earth atmosphere. THe decor is wonderful and there are lots of newspapers if you want to go alone and just enjoy the coffee. Which by the way is also amazing!
The portion sizes here are brilliant so they are just right for my boyfriend's over sized appetite.. I always have a good meal here and the price is fare, it is much better value that the pub across the road although you do sacrifice your sea view in exchange for better value food and service.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

To start off, what a great cafe with some amazing decor (all nautical theme) and a lot of for sale. The prices of what was for sale was a little steep but a lot of it was hand-made.

Service was very lacking, we were not greeted when entering the cafe and no-one came over to our table for a good 10 minutes despite it being very quiet and several staff members being present. Drinks came quickly and were of good quality. Its worth going upstairs too where there is some lovely sofas to relax on. I'd say I really love the theme and ambience of the place but the service really needs working on, staff need to look a bit more happier and be more customer orientated.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

basic menu, which wasnt clear (ordered a ploughmans which the menu described as the normal..salad, roll, cheese and chutney..came with no cheese or chutney instead had coleslaw and meat..not bad unless vege..!)

overpriced for basic menu.

rude staff member (told that im supposed to look for the 'v' on the menu to ensure a vegetarian meal..despite the complete difference in description).

nice environment..space around the tables to you don't feel too squeezed in and quiet enough to hear each other, and a sharing table for those who are by themselves and wish to share the table.

Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

A friend and I had breakfast here and it was very nice. For me due to the price (mid range) I would have liked table service but overall this is a lovely little place for a yummy treat! I'd certainly go back :-)

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I came here for lunch with my family, and noticed that the service was incredibly slow because they were relatively busy with only two waiting staff to serve the whole cafe! As a consequence, we had to wait for about one hour for our orders, which is outrageous. The manager really needs to rethink the staffing levels when it's 'busy' on a Saturday. We had to ask one of the waitresses to clear a table which was full of plates from the people beforehand, as there was actually not a single free table in the whole cafe without junk on it.

As I was waiting I noticed a many of the signs and leaflets had spelling and grammar errors which is very dissapointing and unprofessional. As I drive past on the way to work, I have noticed that this is not a rare occasion, and many of the signs placed outside also have spelling errors - quite clearly the manager needs to revise their GCSE English!

The waitresses were rushed and impatient, and quite clearly had no leadership or guidance whatsoever. They seemed to be bossed around by (I'm assuming) one of the senior waitresses, telling them to do completely irrelevant tasks which detracts from the main focus which is the customer. This had a serious impact on the customer service we recieved. When my food eventually did arrive, it was cold, so I asked for it to be sent back again. fifteen minutes later I was given the same food which was now burnt as it had been placed in the oven for too long, and the burnt bits were covered with dressing.

The food was expensive and not worth the money, although the portions were large. I think they tried to take on too much for a puny café and all the tack around the place really made it feel cramped and claustrophobic.

In the future I will be visiting the Haven Tea Rooms which is just down the road as the customer service there is much better and more efficient than Breezes.

3  Thank 1000P