“superb wedding venue”

and 1 more site!
Lysses House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Fareham
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We used the Lysses for our daughters wedding in June. From the outset they could not have been more helpful; options and costs clearly explained, and we chose what we wanted with no pressure to spend more than we wanted to. Trough all the planning and lead up we had regular contact, with the hotel even helping us change the numbers and seating plan to accomodate a suprise guest who my daughter was not expecting. On the day itself we had the personal attention of the staff who were on hand throughout ensuring everything went smoothly and guiding us with their expertise. Like all parents we wanted the day to go smoothly and be an event to remember and with the help of the Lysses everything went to plan.Thank You

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Phil B
LyssesManager, Front Office Manager at Lysses House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you so much for such a positive review. It is always lovely for our staff to know that they helped to play their part in making your daughters wedding so memorable from the planning stages right through to the big day itself. We are so glad that everyone had a great day. We look forward to seeing you again at Lysses in the future.

There are newer reviews for Lysses House Hotel

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was booked in here by my company for one night only. On arrival the staff were friendly and efficient. The room was tired and in need of refurbishment and many of the public areas could do with smartening up. A poor nights sleep due to the noise from neighbouring room(s) - not what I needed before an important meeting. Breakfast was OK.

Fortunately my company picked up the tab as in my opinion the place was over priced. There was nothing about the place that would make me wish to return. It was average at best.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
45  Thank Beverley50150
LyssesManager, Front Office Manager at Lysses House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to leave your review. Thank you for your positive comments regarding our staff. We are always trying to improve and the hotel has undergone some major refurbishment work since December. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Lysses House Hotel restaurant is excellent value - where else could you have a two- course, freshly cooked lunch with coffee and petits fours for £11.95? The service is always attentive and the tables well appointed. However, this visit my partner and I were a little disappointed with the standard of our meal. My partner had mackerel which consisted of only two bite-sized pieces of fish and I had the very bland and thin pea soup. Note to Chef - pea soup needs a bit of oomph to enhance the flavour and to be thick! For the main course, my partner chose the pork which was rather tough and had a bit of gristle. The vegetables were finely prepared and flavoursome. I chose the pumpkin ravioli which were in a delicious sauce topped with parsnip crisps.
This unfortunate blip would not deter us from another visit as, normally, Lysses is of a high standard

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
23  Thank ilovesweetpea

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to leave us a review. I can only apologise that your experience with us was not up to its usual high standard. Our Head Chef is always appreciative to be made aware of any issues. We look foward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed for one night on business. Had a single room at the top of the hotel. I immediately put the light on, on entering as the room was so dark. I kid you not it made no difference at all!! I couldn't sit on the loo properly as there was a slanted ceiling in the way! The shower needed a damn good scrub and made a hell of a racket, I felt bad for the other guests.

I was woken up at 6.30 by people in the next room - the walls are very thin and I could hear them getting up. The room must have been next to the boiler or something as well which made a lot of noise. Also you had to fiddle around with the lock to get the door to lock.

On the plus side the bed was comfy, room warm and breakfast fine. Service was good. We ate in the fullers golden lion (?) directly opposite the hotel which offered lovely pub grub at a reasonable price.

I stayed in a 4* hotel the night before for less £ than this and based on price, in comparison this is not even in the same category.

I will end this by saying my colleague was happy with his room although he also did complain about the noise/thin walls, etc.

I'll be honest and say I'd look else where (probably portsmouth) if I have to come down here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
69  Thank westcountrylass22

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate all our guests comments, both positive and negative as it helps us to improve. I can only apologise that the shower was not up to the standard it should have been. This has been addressed. We have been working really hard to improve our sound insulation and have also taken on board your comments with regards to lighting. We have changed the lighting on our top floor to led bulbs which has improved the light immensly and is also in keeping with our commitment to green tourism. We are continuing with this programme throughout the hotel. I'm really pleased you found the bed comfortable and the breakfast and service good. We really hope you decide to try us again in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We had out Civil Partnership Ceremony & function at the hotel. The staff were very accommodating with all our requests. They kept our surprises for our invited guests secret & even joined in on the act with our big surprise!
As we were busy with preparations we didn't notice how lovely our room was until the following morning. It was a very hot day on 29th June 2013 so air conditioning in the rooms would have been nice, that was the only downside.
The food & service was excellent, though didn't get to eat my dessert as we were running late & needed to go downstairs to our evening guests, so good excuse to go back to sample that dessert!!
Highly recommend for excellent service, staff, accommodation, food & location.

Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Alan H
LyssesManager, Front Office Manager at Lysses House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review. Our staff had a wonderful day also. It was their first experience of "wedding crashers" and they did not disappoint. It would be lovely to see you back here in the future, we look forward to it.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed one night on business, My double room was very nice and spacious with the added bonus of two windows as I was on a corner of the hotel. IT had a trouser press, tea/coffee etc, spacious bathroom, flat screen tv and a hairdryer. The breakfast was large, fresh and varied and the waitress was very nice and helpful. I was daft enough to leave an item behind in my room and the hotel were very helpful in ensuring that I was reunited with it.

Room Tip: My room number was 15, it was quiet as it was at the back of the hotel and benefited from windows on...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank islandgirl1958
LyssesManager, Front Office Manager at Lysses House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to leave us a positive review. It is always lovely to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again at Lysses in the future.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We visited Lysses House Hotel as part of a party of 28 diners to celebrate my brother-in-law's 65th birthday. We were a little wary as we had been here for my mother's 80th birthday in 2009 and were very disappointed with the quality of the food served.
No such problem this time round. Being such a large party, we were asked to make our choices beforehand but this was made easy by the extensive choices on offer.
The standard of service was excellent throughout and the food absolutely delicious. All dishes were of a consistently high standard and reasonably priced. Many thanks for a great evening, well done to all staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your positive review. It is lovely to hear that you all had such a good time. I will make sure your comments are passed to all the staff involved. We look forward to seeing you again at Lysses in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fareham
Red Lion Hotel
#18 of 39 in Portsmouth
The Roundabout Hotel
The Roundabout Hotel
#7 of 7 in Fareham

Been to Lysses House Hotel? Share your experiences!