“A Pleasant Experience Overall”
Review of Nicolino's

Nicolino's
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Emsworth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Visited on a Saturday evening and the only table we were able to book was for 6pm. This clearly would indicate the popularity of this particular restaurant.
On arrival our coats were taken from us and we were shown to our table. I was with a party of 4 and we ordered our pre dinner drinks and looked at the very extensive menu. As other previous reviewers have said, the portions are very generous although I personally was able to eat all my lasagne although two others of my party left some of their main course.
Service was pretty quick considering that there was also a table of around 20 having a birthday meal.
The only criticism I have, was that it seemed the restaurant only had two sittings - 6pm & 8pm and as people started to arrive around 7.55pm the staff seemed to have to juggle people around if earlier diners were still eating.
All in all the meal was very good value at £120 which included a starter, four main courses, three desserts, three gin and tonics and a vodka and tonic.
Lighting was a bit bright and there was no background music. Will visit again during the week to compare the service.

1  Thank adt52
There are newer reviews for Nicolino's

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Sitting here at the table where I have not only experienced great food, but great hospitality, and a great atmosphere. Everyone is charming, the chef has just visited a table to accept the gratitude of fellow diners who have not stopped complimenting every mouthful of food. This is a Tuesday evening and there has been a steady flow of customers. This restaurant would suit all occasions. I'm away on business but if I lived nearer I would be bringing my wife here this weekend. Visit and enjoy.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Not quite sure what that other review was all about.

Just got back from another fantastic meal at Nicolino's. This is the best italian restaurant i think I have ever eaten in. There is an amazing choice of food, generous portions, the best fish menu that I think you will find in a 50 mile radius. Friendly Italian service and a lovely atmosphere.

If you love food then you will love Nicolino's. If you want typical "pub type micirowave" food then go somewhere else, as only the best is served at Nicolino's. All at very reasonable prices.

This place is a hidden gem.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We visited the restaurant on a fairly quiet Wednesday night, we wasn't welcomed at all, the staff just seemed to carry with their chatting, we waiting ages for our order to be taken and wen the food came out well.... I was shocked it didn't look appetising at all and it didn't taste all that great either, I ordered the stuffed chicken and was vile, the manager was very rude when we complained. we will NOT be visiting again and will be telling friends and family not to adwell.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

What a surprise to find such a nice Italian restaurant in the middle of Emsworth.

We arrived as a group of eight and hadn't pre booked. The restaurant was quite busy but they managed to move some tables around for us to fit us in as if it was no problem at all.

There was a great choice of food and the specials board had some excellent options. The waiter recommended different wines and what dishes he thought were nice. When the food arrived, I was completely shocked by the size of the portions.. The starters were easily main course size. So getting through a starter and a main was quite a struggle, although the food was delicious and we all did our best to eat as much as we could.

I ordered a main course of venison from the specials board. I was surprised when the venison arrived at the table with a slice of pate on the top of it and then a few minutes later, a puff pastry slice was placed on top by the waiter... It was a bit of an odd combination but still tasted nice.

The service was friendly although at times a little over the top. And the waiter admitted to not being Italian when he thanked us in French for our order..

Although we arrived quite late and were a large group, at no point were we rushed and the restaurant stayed open later to give us time to finish.

A great evening in a lovely restaurant... I'd definitely recommend it.

1  Thank Littleferrett