“Amazing food, excellent service”

Restaurant 36 on The Quay
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant 36 on The Quay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 37 Restaurants in Emsworth
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was among a party of seven celebrating two birthdays. I am a vegetarian and the food that was prepared for me was absolutely stunning. I so appreciated the effort that had gone into creating dishes especially for me - it was the most amazing birthday meal I have ever had. The service was lovely, warm and friendly. I couldn't recommend it enough for a very special meal. We all had a fantastic night.

3  Thank Muse-ical

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We arrived at 36 shortly before 8pm just before Xmas 2012........just the two of us, we wanted to have a Christmas celebration by ourselves, before we were bogged down with the family.
A warm welcome awaited us on a very bitterly cold night. The restaurant is very classically decorated, offering three to four items in each part of the menu. The food was sublime. When it came to dessert we went for the cheese board.......we were pleasantly surprised to be given a cheese menu to select five of our own choice cheeses. With coffee we were given home made sweets. All in all a fabulous meal.........not cheap but you don't mind paying for quality!

1  Thank Cathy R
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very good service .Simply nothing wrong to tell about this.I loved every bite of the dish.
expensive.

2  Thank ruwi_c_7
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed here for one night and had the room overlooking the harbour, the room was amazing, it was so nice being able to sit on the window seat and see the boats in the harbour. We ate in the restaurant and the food was just awesome. We loved every morsal of food. The continental breakfast which we had served in our room was great and had everything you could want,
If you have a special occassion then splurge out and stay here and book dinner !!

1  Thank deaconwife
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We eat here a couple of times every year. As you would expect with a Michelin restaurant the food is always superb with fish particularly delicious fresh off the trawler. The ambiance is always comfortable and relaxed and the staff show fantastic attention to detail. To demonstrate this; on one visit, when examining the dessert menu, I explained to the waiter that I am alergic to chocolate. Later, with coffee, the waiter brought the usual home made sweets for my wife and a selection of five fresh made wafer light cookies for me.

1  Thank Neil J