All reviews single room plenty of parking on arrival full english main building comfortable lounge daily papers place to stay quiet at night yogurt local produce tea coffee off road parking cooked breakfast b and b pubs and restaurants excellent breakfast
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend break as a family and it was very good. The rooms were clean and both en-suite ( a double & single booked as a family room ).

Yes we paid an arrival the lady was very polite and firm about that - clearly it's their policy, no problems.

The rooms were both clean, comfortable and well equipped. Breakfast was very good both the full English and the smoked salmon on muffins with scrabbled eggs.

A very pleasant place to stay and we will definitely return if in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here 4/5 years ago and had a very poor stay. Only booked it this time as its a 5 min walk to the party we were going to and it was only one night.

What a difference - nice room - choc on the coffee cups, bottles of water, free wifi and a fab breakfast (gorgeous local sausage and bacon), so for 79 quid for the both of us, pretty good value

Only minor thing was the TV signal was weak (so BBC was out).

Be happy to stay there again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Booked a last minute room for a meeting in Chichester. Very friendly and professional welcome from reception. Good clean comfortable spacious room. good breakfast although more fresh fruit would have been welcome. Very functional place to stay,

Room Tip: can book double room for single occupancy for extra space.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Not quite sure what I expect from an AA four star but I guess this wasn't it! I'll start with the postives: our room was clean and warm, with a good shower. I thought the quality of the breakfast was very good, with lots of choice for vegetarians.
Now the less than satisfactory bits: no sooner than my foot was over the threshold I was asked for my credit card! Not very welcoming! And I'd checked in advance if there was somwhere safe for our two bikes. I was assured "we can secure your bikes": This meant locking them outside to a wobbly railing: as we were in the annexe and the railing was near the main house this was not ideal. Also there was a heavy frost resulting in my expensive saddle splitting by being left out all night. definitely car drivers a priority here. Also Jingles was really full so we had to queue about 15 mins for breakfast! This could have been avoided I felt by explanation in advance and perhaps suggesting we came earlier.
One more thing: although the curtains had been lined with blackout material, they were ill fitting so the light poured in around the edges!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janeyh31
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Clean, quiet, warm and comfortable, with an excellent breakfast. Great shower and modern, smart en-suite. About a fifteen minute amble from the centre of Emsworth with its many and varied places to eat, its saltmarshes, tidal harbour and sea birds. The room I had compared very favourably with a good hotel, while the price was firmly in the bargain bed & breakfast category. If it had a bar and evening restaurant it would be twice the price (+ the evening meal!), but with the attractions of Emsworth walkable it is not a problem not having them. I have stayed twice now, and will certainly stay again when I need to visit the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo