All reviewssingle roomplenty of parkingon arrivalfull englishmain buildingcomfortable loungedaily papersplace to stayyogurtlocal producetea coffeequiet at nightsouth downscooked breakfastb and bpubs and restaurantsexcellent breakfast
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

The Jingles was the accommodation of necessity for my 79 year old Mother-in-Law for 4 weeks recently, whilst her own home locally was repaired after flood damage. She found the standard of accommodation there very comfortable, whilst the staff went out of their way to ensure that her stay was as enjoyable as could be, given the circumstances. The catering was also very good. She reports no hesitation in recommending this to anyone looking for good, honest B&B accommodation at a reasonable price...and she is pretty fussy! ;-)

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 26, 2012

What a great place. Really enjoyed our two nights stay. Good sized room and a really good shower. Free wifi and even a drawing room with an abundance of free newspapers. Felt really comfortable here. If I had to make one comment it would only be to say that a grilled or fried mushroom with the full English is preferable to boiled mushrooms, but only a minor point, everything else fab, fab,fab.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the main building, not the annexe
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Jingles is what everybody is saying very nice place, friendly people and good food therefore I cannot add much only that I feel it would have been nice to add a chair or two to the room as not everybody likes to keep sitting on the beds to read or watch T.V. in the privacy of their own space.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Being someone who has to stay in hotels all over the world for a living. it is often hard for me not to find a fault somewhere. To my amazement I have NOTHING negative to say about this wonderfully quaint B&B. Service was amazing, breakfast was more than worth getting up for, in fact we set our alarm on the second morning so as not to miss it. Staff had that rare quality, so often lacking in this country, called" exceptional" Customer Service - they couldn't do enough and the word "NO" didn't seem to exist in their vocabulary. Their welcoming smiles and warmth were an extension of the charm of this beautiful building. Our room was very clean, all needs were catered for and the maids were discreet and efficient. I felt slightly sad my two night stay had come to an end. Really can't recommend this B&B enough.

Room Tip: This is an old building so every room has sound issues. Beds are a good size for the room but slightly small for our overall 100% comfort -But this is NOT a complaint it was all much more than expected and in keeping with the building.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I can only endorse what clocks and watches said in his/her review. I could quote it entirely, except there were no contractors there during our one-night stay. A useful map of the area was given to us with suggestions for nearby pubs and restaurants. The hotel, although chiefly a B&B establishment, has a limited room service evening meal menu which we took advantage of. The food was good, freshly cooked and of good quality, and arrived at our room within 20 minutes, piping hot and was very tasty. Very good value in all ways.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple