All reviewssingle roomplenty of parkingon arrivalfull englishmain buildingcomfortable loungedaily papersplace to stayyogurtlocal producetea coffeequiet at nightsouth downscooked breakfastb and bpubs and restaurantsexcellent breakfast
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Jingles is what everybody is saying very nice place, friendly people and good food therefore I cannot add much only that I feel it would have been nice to add a chair or two to the room as not everybody likes to keep sitting on the beds to read or watch T.V. in the privacy of their own space.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Being someone who has to stay in hotels all over the world for a living. it is often hard for me not to find a fault somewhere. To my amazement I have NOTHING negative to say about this wonderfully quaint B&B. Service was amazing, breakfast was more than worth getting up for, in fact we set our alarm on the second morning so as not to miss it. Staff had that rare quality, so often lacking in this country, called" exceptional" Customer Service - they couldn't do enough and the word "NO" didn't seem to exist in their vocabulary. Their welcoming smiles and warmth were an extension of the charm of this beautiful building. Our room was very clean, all needs were catered for and the maids were discreet and efficient. I felt slightly sad my two night stay had come to an end. Really can't recommend this B&B enough.

Room Tip: This is an old building so every room has sound issues. Beds are a good size for the room but slightly small for our overall 100% comfort -But this is NOT a complaint it was all much more than expected and in keeping with the building.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I can only endorse what clocks and watches said in his/her review. I could quote it entirely, except there were no contractors there during our one-night stay. A useful map of the area was given to us with suggestions for nearby pubs and restaurants. The hotel, although chiefly a B&B establishment, has a limited room service evening meal menu which we took advantage of. The food was good, freshly cooked and of good quality, and arrived at our room within 20 minutes, piping hot and was very tasty. Very good value in all ways.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Recently stayed at the Jingles. As another reviewer said it does what it says on the tin , food ok if you are stuck for a bite ( not a dining experience however ) , breakfast adequate, but not 4 Star. All staff very nice and friendly. Room allocated was in the annex ( a misnomer – it’s a large converted house with a private dwelling between it and the main establishment - so its out the door and down the street. ) .. Anex rooms are very small and boxy , shower ok but pressure dreadful if others are also using hot water in annex. Also annex rooms do not have a telephone connection to reception, you must use your own mobile to call them if you need anything. Curious that it has a 4 Star AA rating, would have thought the annex set up would have precluded that. Would stay again if stuck for accommodation in the area, mainly because staff are so nice and WI fi is free which is a nice touch. Would highly recommend you ask for room in main house not the one down the road !.

Room Tip: Would highly recommend you ask for room in main house not the one down the road !.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brunobu
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Needed a place to stay for one night to attend funeral in the local area and put off by the poor reviews of hotels in Portsmouth and Southsea I searched and came up with 'The Jingles' almost put off by the name! but as reviews were good decided to book.

I partcuarly wanted somewhere my car would be safe and parking would not be a problem and I was pleased to find a good sized car park with lots of room. The welcome was warm and I was shown to my room and given information I needed along with a front door key so great first impression.

I booked a single and was given a nice room with double bed, I found the room fine, comfy bed, towels and soap and shower gel, flat screen tv, kettle and tea and coffee, good information booklet, radio alarm and a bottle of water. In short everything I needed. I connected to the free Wifi ok and this was a plus.

I had a great nights sleep, showered (good power shower and bathroom nice and clean) and went to breakfast. You help yourself to juice, cereals fruit, yoghurt etc and asked for preference re beverages and cooked breakfast. I had the full english, hot, cooked well and decent produce used i.e. a proper meat sausage. Service was quick and with a smile so faultless. Seemed to be a lot of contractors staying at the hotel and it seemed pretty full, so they must be doing something right.

There is a sitting room downstairs with tv, papers etc, I looked in, seemed very nice, clean with comfy chairs. I didnt really get time to look round the grounds.

So all in all a very positive experience for the price paid, I would certainly stay again and can heartily recommend the place. I would change the name though :-)

Room Tip: They have an annexe where rooms are cheaper, I asked not to be placed in it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo