“Great accommodation in a great location”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of 10, Osprey Quay

External view of Deckhouse
Stunning views over the harbour Stunning views over the harbour
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Stunning views over the harbour
Stunning views over the harbour
Parking space available underneath the property
Open plan kitchen
Master bedroom with stunning views over the harbour
Master bedroom
Second bedroom with 2 sets of bunk beds
Shower room
Downstairs utility area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ray m
Surrey, United Kingdom
“poor facility cleanliness”
Reviewed July 8, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

I do not like leaving negative feedback, so wrote to the owner before writing this; but no response.

The duvet cover and sheet had not been ironed; in fact it looked like someone had slept in the bed... (the cover also had a rip). Half the sliding wardrobe was stuck, the patio doors were covered in sticky stuff, dirt and cobwebs and the shower tray had mould in a corner. Also, both sofas were very worn and actually soiled, one so much so we put a towel down before sitting. In fact the whole facility/accommodation felt dirty and in need of a good clean. This said, things like crockery, plates etc were absolutely fine.
It's a real shame because the location is great, but serious attention needs to be payed to the facility and furnishing cleanliness, this lack of attention spoilt what would have been a very nice stay.
Rachael - I suggest you take a look yourself and review whoever you contract to clean.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Liked least: the lack of attention to overall cleanliness
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jul 11, 2015
Ray - I am clearly terribly disappointed in your negative review of our deckhouse, especially given I responded to your email within a couple of hours of you sending it - so falsely being accused of not responding is quite hurtful. I have copied and pasted my response below.

"Ray, I am so very disappointed that you feel let down following your stay in our deckhouse last month. I myself do the majority of our changeovers and did do your changeover. I do accept that the deckhouse is not a five star property and has a number of marks, rubs & scuffs - however I do feel that it is marketed as such and priced accordingly. Typically our prices are lower than other deckhouse rentals within the marina to reflect this, and I have visited some of the other properties that are for let within the marina and feel that we are generally on a par with them. The property is well maintained and we do replace items when appropriate. I agree the window frames are in a poor state of repair, and have already started the process of getting quotes to replace with a view to them being changed this season. The bedding was clean & fresh on, I will replace the torn duvet. Once again I can only apologise for your disappointment, as you said many have enjoyed the deckhouse and I will take your feedback on board and ensure these issues are addressed as it is not my intention for anyone to have a disappointing stay, in what is such a delightful location Kind regards Rachel"

Guests either side of your visit have fedback very positively and I do try to take on board all feedback to try to within reason ensure the deckhouse is an enjoyable place to stay for all of our guests.

Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Jul 11, 2015
Thankyou so much for your kind review, we really appreciate your feedback!
lotdvh
Delden, The Netherlands
“Deckhouse with a view for a pleasant stay”
Reviewed May 18, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

The deckhouse is very well equiped, the beds are made when you arrive, even towels are provided (1 per person). It's situated in a very nice area, with a lovely view from your deck over the water.

Traveling group: Young Children
May 19, 2015
Very many thanks for your kind review - hope to see you again soon!
Caroline...
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Delightful deck-house”
Reviewed April 5, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at 10, Osprey Quay The position of this deckhouse is great and we enjoyed the stunning views across the harbour and walks into Emsworth. The design is unique with a spacious living area and plenty of wardrobe space in the main bedroom. The kitchen is very well equipped with everything you will need. We were there when the wind was howling but it was warm and cosy. It is a super place to stay and ideal for couples or families.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The location and views.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Apr 7, 2015
Thankyou for your kind review, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay & do hope one day to be able to welcome you back!

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Your age range 65+
Mar 30, 2015
Thankyou for your kind words, I am very glad you enjoyed your stay in what is a unique location, and very much hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future.
Rsv8
Emsworth, United Kingdom
“Beautiful views from the Deckhouse”
Reviewed September 24, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Peaceful retreat, with amazing views of Chichester harbour. An area of outstanding natural beauty. We would recommend.

Your age range 35-49
Oct 2, 2014
Thankyou for your lovely review and so glad you are enjoying your stay at our deckhouse!

Very many thanks for your kind words
Holt, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Sep 26, 2014
Very many thanks for your review, I fully appreciate the time you have taken to give me some honest feedback.

In response I would make the following comments;

Décor is a bit tired in places
The deckhouse was decorated only last year and so is in pretty good condition, I agree the kitchen units are beginning to look a little tired, although they are fully functioning. We will continue to appraise the situation each season

Rust on the metal shelving in bathroom - this will be replaced shortly

The smoke alarm goes off every time you open the bathroom door - I have never had this happen and likewise never been made aware of this fact - I will certainly investigate!

A welcome pack – will look into providing

A mirror in the main bedroom - we will put one in

Shower cubicle tidy - again we will put one in

Damage deposit of £250 is a bit high - yours was one of my first bookings this year and since then I have reduced the deposit and consider reducing it further for short breaks for couples on an individual basis

Once again, I fully value your feedback, and am very glad you enjoyed your stay and would very much welcome you to visit again in the future, when I hope the changes we will make will enhance your stay

Many thanks
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing