“It's all down to the staff...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brookfield Hotel

Brookfield Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Emsworth
Wales
“It's all down to the staff...”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

They say that staff are a company's best assets, and for this hotel that is absolutely the case - nothing seemed too much trouble for them and we certainly got a warm friendly reception. I have to say that the food in the restaurant was outstanding - what an amazing chef! I was worried about needing a gluten free meal, but I needn't have worried - chef went to the trouble of preparing gluten-free versions of the meals for me from scratch, and they were first class. Service across this hotel is excellent - we had a small problem with the shower which we alerted to reception, and it was sorted within the hour.
The rooms are large and spacious, with good facilities and nice and peaceful at night. The cost of breakfast is a bit steep, but that could be forgiven with such good service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Doggylicious
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Doggylicious,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review - We are very proud of the team we have built here at the Hotel but is always so nice to read comments such as yours from our guests and please be assured all feedback is cascaded internally.
We are equally fortunate to be able to say that all our food is freshly prepared and cooked to order on site which enables Chef and his team to be flexible and accommodating to our guests needs - if we have the ingredients the kitchen can do it!
I am pleased that the 'blip' with your shower was quickly and efficiently resolved.
I do hope we will get the opportunity to be your hosts on another visit in the near future,
Tracy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Reviewed July 10, 2014

A veritable gem of a hotel - stayed here for a Masonic Ladies Weekend and could not have been more impressed. Friendly staff who go the extra mile because they seem to enjoy it, Management who calmly direct operations in an effective and efficient manner, A restaurant to die for, English Breakfast that your Cardiac Surgeon would not approve yet the best ever. Cannot say enough except we are going back - twice - in the next twelve months and we will tell everybody else to do so too

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Toastmaster Tony,
Thank you so very much for your great comments and recommendation. I must say we are very fortunate to have a dedicated team here at the Hotel, many of whom have been here for many, many years and still strive every day to provide all our guests with the highest levels of quality and service. I know they will be thrilled to read your comments - thank you!
We look forward to seeing you again soon - best get our thinking caps on to see how we can impress you further next time!!
Billericay, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed one night in this comfortable very clean Hotel as part of a boat cruise package with Cafe Cruises of Emsworth and enjoyed it very much the staff were very friendly and helpful and I would recommend this hotel to anyone .
Our breakfast was made even nicer by the attentive waiter with the never ending tea pot and lovely cheery nature .

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Christopher S,
I am so pleased you had a great weekend here in Emsworth and thank you for sharing your review and recommendation on Trip Advisor.
I will ensure your comments are cascaded accordingly and I know the team will be delighted that their efforts have been recognised and did make your stay even more enjoyable.
The Cafe Cruises are such a wonderful experience and combined with a stay here at The Brookfield makes for a unique and memorable break away for any ocassion.
I do hope you will come back and see us another time even if for a simple night away to relax and unwind.
Thank you once again and kindest regards,
Atlanta
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Returned from a super trip to Normandy and returned to an old favorite!
As always, this hotel is a solid five in my book. The rooms are mostly renovated now although AC would be a great addition! Pillows are the only downside but ask for extra and you're good! Tracy was new and a great addition to Amanda's team. The touch of a good hotel is recognizing return customers which they do! Food was again excellent as was the Fuller's Ale. I was curious about the bad review that was posted before we arrived and asked them if they had seen it. They mentioned it was a disgruntled employee who left. That explained such a review.
Great parking and easy walk to a lovely little fishing village.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Croakies,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor - as a new member of the team I have been blown away by the care and attention to detail each and every member of staff strive to give to all our guests - certainly recognition for return guests included which as you say is so very important whether staying overnight or simply joining us for lunch etc. I am pleased you like our refurbishments thus far and the decoration and bathroom replacement programme will continue - sadly, air conditioning is problematic due to the age and style of the building so I can't promise anything on that front I'm afraid but fans always available from reception if required for the odd English Summer Time days we get to enjoy!
Thank you also for highlighting the bad review - I am currently working with Trip Advisor Fraud department to have removed - I just hope that any one reading it also reads the many, many positive reviews posted before and after so that it doesn't affect their decision as to whether to try The Brookfield or not.
Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit - I am confident we will have achieved 4* Hotel rating later this year so all very exciting!
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Friendly, helpful staff that go over and above the call of duty. Comfortable rooms, excellent food and service and a nice garden and local beach walks to enjoy. There is a bus service running from outside of the hotel to the local town of Emsworth and down to Portsmouth.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Jacqueline M,
Thank you for your wonderful review - I am so pleased you not only enjoyed your stay with us but also that you enjoyed the fabulous facilities here at the Hotel and the surrounding area. Emsworth is part of the Walkers Welcome programme and there are so many walks to explore.
We do hope to see you again soon for your next visit to the area.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Terrible hotel, with a very over priced run of the mill restaurant... Notice a few people comment this place is like faulty towers... It defiantly is!

Stayed here for two nights and was shocked to find my room had broken glass all over the floor on check in from the previous guests, I was told i would need to wait until the next day for this to be cleaned up.. really - staff very rude.

Food = average at best

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank robert h
Review is under investigation by TripAdvisor as suspicious.

If you have any concerns as a reader of this review please contact me directly on 01243 373363 - Thank you,
Linslade, Beds.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was our first week-end spent at this Hotel and it won't be the last!! To say we had a great week-end is a complete understatement!! The room was lovely, the food excellent and the staff helpful, friendly and very professional. Nothing was too much trouble. We'll definitely go back again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Sue T,
Thank you for posting your review and that is great news that you are now part of the 'Brookfield Converted' and will be joining our established group of regular visitors. The hotel is infectious and I have certainly found that since joining the team - of course maybe I am biased Sue T, so is always such a pleasure to read feedback such as your's which affirm that thought.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Brookfield soon,
Tracy.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emsworth
Langstone Hotel
Langstone Hotel
#3 of 4 in Hayling Island
The Crown
The Crown
#3 of 3 in Emsworth
Premier Inn Portsmouth Havant South (Langstone/A27)
Millstream Hotel & Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North
Premier Inn Portsmouth (Havant) Hotel

Been to Brookfield Hotel? Share your experiences!