“Excellent, as always!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Emsworth
Chatham, United Kingdom
“Excellent, as always!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Had an overnight stay at the Brookfield Hotel after attending a funeral in Southampton. Having stayed there several times before we felt they would lift our spirits before returning home to Kent the following day.

As usual they did not disappoint. The staff were so welcoming and we stayed in one of the recently refurbished rooms, very well appointed, the new bathroom was especially impressive.

Breakfast, as always, set us up for the day and our journey home.

Thanks to all the staff for maintaining such high standards, we look forward to returning soon!

Room Tip: The staff in reception will advise you - trust them!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear John W,
Lovely to see you again and thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased we were able to lift your spirits at such a difficult time.
I am equally happy that you like our new bathrooms - we love them too! Certainly Eric and Chris our wonderful maintenance team are being kept ultra busy with our ongoing redecoration programme - more new bathrooms next week!
Thanks again John W and we look forward to your next visit and hope it will be under happier circumstances.
Tracy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Buntingford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2014

A smaller hotel but tremendously friendly and helpful staff. Nice garden and well stocked bar. Rooms are very comfortable and spotless. Dinner was a joy with a good selection. Breakfast was comprehensive and again great food. We were so impressed, we will be holding an event there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Tedfeather,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. That is wonderful news that you will be holding an event with us following your recent stay and we look forward to working with you to create a fantastic and memorable event.
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My family and I stayed here for the weekend (30/5/14) in the honeymoon suite with adjoining room for the kids, and it was brilliant. We visited for lunch one afternoon prior to booking, and the staff were so warm and friendly they gave us a guided tour of all of their recently refurbished and un-refurbished rooms, all of which were lovely and most importantly spotlessly clean.
The food throughout our stay was first class, the breakfast especially good, but the real jewels in the crown of this wonderful hotel are the staff, they have the balance of friendliness and professionalism just right a real cracking team.
I cannot recommend this place enough and whenever I'm in that part of the world The Brookfield will always be my No1 choice. JUST PERFECT

1 Thank Tony M
Dear Tony M,
Your review is wonderful and totally encapsulates what we strive to achieve every day here at the Brookfield Hotel so thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are very fortunate to have a team who are passionate and dedicated about their roles and they will be thrilled that their efforts are recognised. Please be assured all feedback is cascaded and is greatly appreciated.
We hope to see you again soon,
UK
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Hi Chaps & Chappesses,

Its been a while - but hey, back on the road...

Been staying at Brookfield Hotel Emsworth, since April and still there........

Heres the coo........

Staff - excellent & friendly, anybody who can put up with HDUK, for so long must be exceptional,
especially Natalie at brekky, her smile and manner, brightens up any day & Tracy for putting up with me foibles.

Rooms - Clean, quiet, comfortable, enough space for me kettlebell exercises - no
gym, but HDUK on the KB tip, so all good.........

What you've been waiting for -

Breakfast - lovely, HDUK; orange juice or cranberry juice, fresh fruit salad, then your full cooked, hot on a plate
served to your table brekky, none of this under heated lamps, rubber egg nonsense - along with tea or coffee and toast, hmm,
brilliant start to the day.......

Now peeps, you know HDUK, likes to change for change sake, so looked at place where the rotund celebrity advertises, rhymes with Plumber Sin, want £2 for parking, plus deadstock brekky, Nahhh, value for money, cannae beat Brookfield, free parking\wireless tinternet\brekky -
dont think you'll get better value in the area.

Short drive to Gunwharf Quays, bargain outlet\ bars etc - lovely..........

Will give an update at end of this contract but so far, so very good!!!

Feel free to ask any questions...........

HDUK.....

Room Tip: Can't reveal until end of contract
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank HappyDaveUk
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Hi Happy Dave UK,
It is our pleasure to be your host - foibles and all and I am delighted to read your review. I am so pleased that despite 'shopping around' you have stayed a part of the 'Brookfield Regulars' I am also a huge fan of our breakfast offering as is very rare these days to find anywhere with a freshly cooked to order breakfast on warm plates, so thank you for highlighting and I know Nathalie will appreciate the mention.
I am sure potential guests will find your review very useful so my sincere thanks for taking the time to share your comments - is appreciated.
Here's hoping your contract continues for as long as possible and we look forward to seeing you again this week HDUK.
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Weekend 30/5/14-1/6/14
Really cannot praise this Hotel enough everything was absolutely first class. I was given the task of organising the weekend for 53 people but with Jamie the events manager life was so easy from the moment we sent the first email to each other I felt like I had found a friend he was so professional but so friendly as were all the staff they could not do enough to please. The food and service was second to none. We had an unfortunate incident where one of our guests was taken ill and needed an Ambulance, Mandy on the front desk was so helpful. I would like to say a big thank you from all our guests and myself who had an amazing time and will be visiting the Hotel again.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Brenda M,
An amazing review Brenda, thank you so much and I am delighted that the whole weekend from initial enquiry to completion of your event was such a success. I know Jamie will be in touch with you personally in due course, but in the meantime I will ensure your kind words are circulated to the team here. We are very fortunate to have such a dedicated team who are passionate about their jobs and this is clearly reflected in your review. We were also relieved that your poorly guest was able to re-join the festivities after his short sejourn to A&E. Our sincere thanks once again and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I came with a large group of people for lunch and was surprised how nice the hotel was inside. There was a good choice of starters, mains and desserts on the luncheon menu. The chicken in red wine sauce was particularly good. Very good value and nicely presented with excellent service. Will come again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear PamC149,
Thank you for your wonderful comments and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your luncheon with us and that you will be joining our long list of regular lunch guests. Remember to pick up one of our loyalty cards from reception on your next visit.
We look forward to seeing you again soon,
Thatcham
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We have just returned from a weekend away at the Brookfield Hotel. From the moment you arrive until you leave the staff make sure that you have enjoyable stay, all staff are helpful and polite.
The rooms are lovely and clean.Both nights we started the evening with a drink in the bar, followed by a wonderful dinner the menu offered has a good selection, well presented together with a good wine list.
If you are thinking of getting away do not hesitate at staying at this hotel it is in a wonderful location with easy excess to the South Coast and area.
We will be visiting again and would like to finish by adding congratulations to Tracy on her recent marriage and wishing her and her husband every happiness.
Alma and Ian

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Alma & Ian,
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to post your review - I am delighted that you have had another wonderful stay with us and we look forward to your next visit. I am sure your feedback will help future guests decide to choose the Brookfield Hotel when planning their visit to the South Coast - as you say our location is ideal for any visitors who wish to explore everything to offer in the area.
Thank you also for your personal wishes - we too chose The Brookfield for our wedding night and was great to be able to experience the hotel from a guests perspective. it is fair to say that as 'paying guests' we were not disappointed and can appreciate why so many of our guests have such lovely feedback to share.
Thank you once again and we will see you soon,
Tracy.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emsworth
Langstone Hotel
Langstone Hotel
#3 of 4 in Hayling Island
The Crown
The Crown
#3 of 3 in Emsworth
Premier Inn Portsmouth Havant South (Langstone/A27)
Millstream Hotel & Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North
Premier Inn Portsmouth (Havant) Hotel

Been to Brookfield Hotel? Share your experiences!