“Faultless dining experience......well nearly”
Review of 36 On the Quay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Emsworth
36 On the Quay
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Emsworth
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Simply amazing dining experience. The setting is beautiful, its just a pity that there are only a couple of tables directly by the windows, I would recommend that you try and book a table by the window with a view, specially on a lovely summer evening (not that we get many of those). The restaurant's decoration and furniture is tasteful and has a simple elegance, and this combined with the obvious popularity of the restaurant creates a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. The feeling of wellbeing is further complemented by the excellent service which was faultless apart from one small thing, at the end of the meal although the staff thanked us and said good night none of them accompanied us to the door, a small thing but in a restaurant of this quality I would thought it would be standard practice. The food was simply out of this world with the canapes and appetiser heightening the expectation of the starters which did not disappoint I had the Scallops and Crab in seaweed starter which was delightful I just wish it had been a bit bigger, as I enjoyed it so much. My wife had the sea-bass and had eaten it all before I had a chance to have a try so I think that was a positive vote on that one. For mains I had the lamb which was cooked perfectly and so tender and tasty. My wife had the Quail and this time I did manage to get a taste of that and it certainly got my thumbs up. We opted to go for the Cheeseboard as an extra choice before our dessert and we were not disappointed. The variety of cheeses was impressive all of which were very distinctively flavoured and although it did not look like a large portion of each cheese there were 10 different cheeses each serving having enough for two crackers worth........a real cheese tasting adventure. The pre-dessert palate cleanser did the job after the cheese and the desserts just topped off a lovely evening. At £58 for a three course meal I would say that it was good value for food of this quality. A definite recommend

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank surfingjelly

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Sent a request email/booking for a notable anniversary, checking availability.. 3 weeks later, didn't even bother replying. Tried to contact to view accommodation.. CLOSED! Chose Bangkok Brasserie - TOTALLY unforgettable service and AMAZING food even though they were jam packed!!! Need we say more?

Room Tip: Can't comment as NO reply to emails !!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Matt C
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have recently had dinner and stayed the night in the rooms above at 36 On The Quay and were very impressed. The food and service were excellent - well deserving of their Michelin star. The rooms very absolutely lovely - comfy beds, good bathrooms with toiletries and bathrobes, and all very well kitted out. Between five of us we had Saffron, Clove and Cinnamon rooms. If you're happy to pay the extra, go for Saffron - the suite. It has a lounge and kitchen apart from the bedroom and bathroom. Breakfast was great too.

It's in a lovely position overlooking the water right on the quay. Thoroughly recommend for a special night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 56Sue
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Went to 36 for my husbands birthday and our anniversary on the 6th of May and was a real treat. Have to say that the food was superb!! The entrees melted in the mouth as did the scallops for starters which were heavenly. The quail was very nice and rich and the lemon desserts best I have ever had. Had some glasses of red wine as the bottles were very pricey but as a treat this was an evening to remember, wonderful!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joannebug
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Just enjoyed a lovely meal, £200 for 2 people with one bottle of wine, so for my.purse a little expensive, but for a special occasion, very good.
I live in southsea, and for an equally good meal, but not so pricy, I would reccomend restaurant 27 in southsea.
The meals demonstrated the skills of the chef, a good complexity of techniques went into the finished product. I'm sure, if you had £200 pounds to spare, you would never be disappointed here.
Lovely views over the sea from the restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Southseagal
Reviewed March 29, 2013

What a fantastic evening. The food was to die for and Ray Karen and all the staff were on excellent form. Only wish we live nearer. Thanks once again. I can't recommend 36 on the quay highly enough !!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sophie W
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Six of us dined to celebrate a wedding anniversary. The whole experience was wonderful from the friendly and very knowledgeable staff to the superb food and ambience. It is not cheap but well worth a visit for a special occasion. I I wished we had booked to stay the night but am hoping my husband will treat me in the future!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wrongsideofforty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emsworth
Brookfield Hotel
Travelodge Chichester Emsworth
Crouchers Hotel
Crouchers Hotel
#2 of 8 in Chichester

Been to 36 On the Quay? Share your experiences!